Janet headlining Global Citizen Fest' 29th Sept!

Started by FlowerBomb, June 19, 2018, 06:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

June 19, 2018, 06:49:43 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:27:44 PM by FuckCrackers&Chinks

8:09-H.E.R

14:03: Jussie Smollett

18:32: Justine Skye

25:15: Normani

26:25: Teyana Taylor

31:45: Missy Elliott Speech

QuoteJanet Jackson kicked off a colossal week of promotion for new single ?Made For Now? ? her hyper-hot comeback jam featuring Daddy Yankee.
And while the track serves as the first taste of fresh material from the Queen of Pop in three years, it?s also the first fruit from her brand new record deal.
More on Jackson?s new label home and imminent music plans below?

The Label
It?s been revealed that Jackson has signed a recording and distribution deal with Cinq Music ? a move which sees her bring her Rhythm Nation Records imprint over from BMG (with whom she released 2015?s chart-topper ?Unbreakable?).

So who are Cinq?
Part of GoDigital Media Group, the company is a global entity that prides itself on delivering data-driven strategies + results in a rapidly changing music market.

In prior times, the label ? whose partnership with Jackson is its biggest yet ? was focused primarily on Latin and Urban releases. They recently acquired the lion-share of rapper T.I.?s back-catalog from Atlantic Records.
Speaking on joining forces with Jackson, Cinq co-founder and President Barry Daffurn said in a statement:
?Janet is a singular talent, a pop culture icon, incredibly innovative and socially conscious, a true music superstar. Her career is a highlight reel of an artist pushing the boundaries of pop music. Together, we?ll leverage Cinq?s data-driven toolbox, global presence, and best-in-class capabilities in Latin and Urban music to connect with and grow her worldwide fan base.?

The Music
In a new interview with Billboard, ?Made For Now? producer Harmony Samuels confirmed that he and Jackson have been hard at work on a new EP. And though coy on details, he offered the following:

?She?s not bound to any genre of music. She does have some classic R&B, but some other stuff that?s grungy where you?ll be like, woo! What vibe is that? Kind of George Michael-esque. I can?t say more than that. [Laughs] But it?s very impressive and people that have listened before me, it feels like she?s gone back to Velvet Rope and Control but it?s new, it?s a different vibe and you can hear that. For me, that?s more than I can ask, that people feel that same connection from where she was 30 years ago. That?s amazing. This EP is going to be exciting. It?s young and fresh but it?s not young trying to be young. It?s open for everyone to receive.?

Shortly after, during an interview with iHeartRadio, Janet herself said of incoming material:

?Yes, there?s a project that will be in the fall ? a little project. This is just the beginning. [?Made For Now? is] the first single.

:omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf: :omf:

Pearls Khan

She looks good here :uhh:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowboy Nine

These are cute.

She doesn't look pulled to the gawds here.

BAPHOMET.

Admin

FlowerBomb

She's announcing something special tomorrow via Essence

ton

Lazarus

Admin

Quote from: ton on June 19, 2018, 07:05:41 PM
x
I'm gonna ban the shit outta you if you post that No Sleeep (Ape Remix) autoplay

Kalifornia.

Now wait! She looks amazing

Kalifornia.

Quote from: squid on June 19, 2018, 07:11:22 PM
Quote from: ton on June 19, 2018, 07:05:41 PM
x
I'm gonna ban the shit outta you if you post that No Sleeep (Ape Remix) autoplay

Please ban him. I'll even throw in MelMel.

Vonc2002

June 19, 2018, 07:15:09 PM #12 Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:15:15 PM by Vonc2002
The last 2 pics :oof:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

fedswatchin

June 19, 2018, 07:46:31 PM #13 Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:46:52 PM by OwnIt
Um, the pics are slightly distorted and filtered. :diddraispoot:

Such a cutie tho!