How did you grow up.. Poor, middle class, wealthy or rich? And did it affect

Started by GLOCK, July 01, 2016, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRAND

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 01, 2016, 04:30:17 PM
Quote from: GRAND on July 01, 2016, 04:25:22 PM
Quote from: Don't Hurt Yourself on July 01, 2016, 04:21:32 PM
And alot of public schools just let anyone teach.

I remember my Biology class consisted of everyone just coming to talk and hang. Everydamn body would be in biology class just sitting chilling on the phone, humping and touching each other, or going on field trips to McDonalds for our teacher and whoever else wanted something to eat.

The teacher was nice and I loved her but she should not have been teaching. I'm glad I went to private school before public school or I would have been in special ED. Like literally there were kids who should not have been in special ED there was nothing wrong with them their grades were just so awful they placed them in special ED
ssssssss

I went to all public schools except for an instance I attended FAMU middle school and THAT was the worst experience I had

I never saw problems with public schools. I guess it's just the geographic area.
I agree. Chicago has some really GREAT public schools. My highschool was public but it was really quite good.  I had to take a test to get into that damn school.  I initially hated that i was going there (my mom made me)  but in retrospect, best thing for me.
yeah, I think part of the reason the kids do well here is because FAMU and FSU are both in the area

If I ever have kids, I guess I'd just have to do extensive research, because i know when I was at private school, those bitches were terrible

:hmph:

4 fucking k

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nice Stereo. on July 01, 2016, 04:32:02 PM
I meant to public school for one year and hated it
Why?
I had a grand ol time lolz. I mean it was public but still felt very private to me.  Uniforms, it was on a campus that was gated off, the learning was top notch,  etc.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Quote from: ralfael on July 01, 2016, 04:00:19 PM
Quote from: Glock on July 01, 2016, 03:03:31 PM
I grew up in the projects and in the hood
Often times homeless ..
But my mother worked very hard to get us from one side of town to another
I appreciate everything I've worked hard for because I remember not having food.. Not knowing where id sleep and things..
And I respect my mother for showing us the meaning of climbing from the bottom up..
That's why I was so determined to graduate college.. It was for her ...
And anyone that dates me hears my story and is so shocked .. I guess because of the way i carry myself and shit..
It just helped me appreciate ppl as well..

I love you, cousin.
love you more

4 fucking k

The activities >>>
Orchestra, band, choir, pep rallies, etc.
I loved it and missed it when I left for a college/HS program.

Zankou.

Quote from: imani on July 01, 2016, 04:35:40 PM
Quote from: Nice Stereo. on July 01, 2016, 04:32:02 PM
I went to public school for one year and hated it

private school is worse

n

the public schools in my area are DISGUSTING!

Cartierline

Quote from: imani on July 01, 2016, 04:22:33 PM
It's like they WANT you to be dumb. There was a point when they TRIED to put me in ESL cause my parents are African :kii:
Omffffff I remember this happened to me when I first moved to the west. I was forced to attend ESL with some kid who could barely speak English when I was speaking English since I was a damn kid.

I wish I wasn't such a meek child, I should've let them have it.

Rxxf

My parents made us go to public schools.
All my cousins went to private.
:dead:

I don't know the private school experience. So I don't miss it or think about it.

College is what SLAYED for me anyway.
BRANDY

Lazarus

Did any of y'all participate in Upward Bound program or have that program in y'all state ??

Vonc2002

Quote from: Zinc on July 01, 2016, 04:40:18 PM
Did any of y'all participate in Upward Bound program or have that program in y'all state ??
Yes and yes.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lazarus

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 01, 2016, 04:46:46 PM
Yes and yes.

How was your experience?

4 fucking k

sddd I was wondering the same...

SouravMay

B7

LOONA.

Grew up really sheltered and spoiled.

I couldn't wait to grow up and get into some MESS.

:caseoftheherp: