Steve Aoki, Adam Lambert & Felix Team Up For "Can't Go Home"

Started by JRocka, March 27, 2016, 11:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

Adam Lambert warmed you up, and now he's taking you home.

Lambert's recent release for "Welcome To The Show" displayed his powerhouse vocal abilities, but left audiences wanting more. Fortunately, the American Idol alum had another tune up his sleeve. The Original High singer teamed up with mastermind producer Steve Aoki and Felix (who crafted a remix for OMI's "Cheerleader" and last year's "Ain't Nobody [Loves Me Better]") on a song titled "Can't Go Home." The tropical dance production is reminiscent of Justin Bieber's Skrillex-produced hit "Sorry," only with Lambert's brooding vocals.

?They collaborated on this track and sent it to me,? Adam tells Idolator of the song's creation. ?I went in and recorded it in L.A. a few weeks before I did the ?Welcome To The Show? vocal. So that?s double-stacked! [Laughs] It?s a really exciting song. [Steve Aoki] has been playing it down in Florida and all of his other stops that he?s on all the time, and people really seem to like it. ? It?s very much a summer jam.?

"This song is a genre-crossing collaboration from two different worlds between myself and Felix Jaehn, and that's the beauty in mixing it up and making something so unique as 'Can't Go Home,'" Aoki tells People of the new track. "Adding one of the best vocalists in the world, Adam Lambert, on it just brings this special song to a whole new level. Super excited about sharing this with the world!"

Listen below:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/steveaoki/steve-aoki-felix-jaehn-cant-go-home-feat-adam-lambert[/soundcloud]

omg King slayed one of the better male vocalist of our generation  :stressed: The Original High was such a great album   :loose2when: