Comedian Lil Duval Scores First Hot 100 Entry With 'Smile (Living My Best Life)'

Started by Lazarus, September 06, 2018, 11:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Standup comic Lil Duval makes his first appearance on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (dated Sept. 8), as "Smile (Living My Best Life)," featuring Snoop Dogg and Ball Greezy, debuts at No. 83.

Lil Duval (full name: Roland Powell) was a finalist on BET's comedy series Coming to the Stage in 2005 and is now a series regular on MTV2's Guy Code and Hip Hop Squares. "Smile" isn't his first foray into music, however, as he released his first LP, Saks Fifth, in 2011. The set features Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne, Roscoe Dash and Jeezy, among others.

"Smile," which also climbs 48-34 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, drew 4 million U.S. streams (up 5 percent) and sold 4,000 downloads (up 1 percent) in the week ending Aug. 30, according to Nielsen Music. The track logged 21.7 million airplay audience impressions (up 19 percent), prompting a No. 48 entrance on the all-genre Radio Songs chart. It reaches the top 10 of the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart, ascending 11-9 to become Lil Duval's first top 10 on an airplay tally.

While "Smile" also earns Miami rapper Ball Greezy (full name: Kinta Cox) his first Hot 100 entry, Snoop Dogg makes his 41st career visit and adds his first new title since his featured turn (with Bilal and Anna Wise) on Kendrick Lamar's "Institutionalized," which dented the chart for a week at No. 99 in in April 2015.

Lil Duval concurrently rises 19-15 on the Emerging Artists chart.

Young

Sinpool

tbh if Lil Duval was gay I'd stan.

I feel like he overcompensates with Toxic Masculinity

Young

Young

Scott.

Tbh l listen to this song on my way to work everyday lol

ton