Super Freaky Certified!

Started by Cowgirl, July 12, 2022, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.

Quote from: Big Barbie on November 20, 2022, 06:03:33 PM!!

I understand why some people may not like SFG because it's not their preferred genre but it really is a great song. That being said, just because it's not your taste doesn't mean it's a bad song.

It's a bad song to US. It's our opinion. The song is not her strongest and other records of hers deserved better

shante smith

I immediately knew the song would blow soon as i heard it.

sffsfsfsf

i know lonz said it sounds like it was made in 2 minutes

but all i heard is strategy and something that was specifically, intricately and most importantly...masterfully crafted to be a hit.
this wasn't a stroke of luck. it wasn't some random mess nicki threw out that happened to catch on

it did exactly what it was formulated to do. and then some.

iggy caught the tea too. she said the following before the song blow up:

https://twitter.com/girlsinrap/status/1558091143212056576

shante smith

Nicki woulda been had a #1 under her belt IMO if she weren't competing with Taylor , Katy and Lady Gaga for that spot years ago.

But she got what she wanted in this instance because a #1 is purely based on numbers, and it's a matter of timing .

not the opinion of a committee .

The most BIllboard can do is change their criteria for certain spots or how things are measured, but if the current criteria is met, it's met. It is still ultimately based on numbers.

And for her to aim, fire and HIT her target this far into her career is fucking amazing.

Nicki's a bad bitch. Period.

Kalifornia.

Cowgirl

Quote from: orgulho 🇧🇷 on November 25, 2022, 10:28:18 AMI immediately knew the song would blow soon as i heard it.

sffsfsfsf

i know lonz said it sounds like it was made in 2 minutes

but all i heard is strategy and something that was specifically, intricately and most importantly...masterfully crafted to be a hit.
this wasn't a stroke of luck. it wasn't some random mess nicki threw out that happened to catch on

it did exactly what it was formulated to do. and then some.

iggy caught the tea too. she said the following before the song blow up:

https://twitter.com/girlsinrap/status/1558091143212056576

!!

I don't use EVERY song that Nicki makes nor do I say they should be successful just because. I knew that Super Freaky was a monster from the snippet.

Cowgirl

Quote from: orgulho 🇧🇷 on November 25, 2022, 10:42:00 AMNicki woulda been had a #1 under her belt IMO if she weren't competing with Taylor , Katy and Lady Gaga for that spot years ago.

But she got what she wanted in this instance because a #1 is purely based on numbers, and it's a matter of timing .

not the opinion of a committee .

The most BIllboard can do is change their criteria for certain spots or how things are measured, but if the current criteria is met, it's met. It is still ultimately based on numbers.

And for her to aim, fire and HIT her target this far into her career is fucking amazing.

Nicki's a bad bitch. Period.
She didn't technically have a #1 but the success from her past singles was always there. She didn't have to but she's proven herself time and time again.

shante smith

Quote from: Kalifornia. on November 25, 2022, 01:45:27 PMAnd still ain't got a Grammy :kii:
Pro tip: find someone who values an institution enough to argue and/or prove their favs deservedness of their recognition .

I'm sure the debate will be awesome once u hit ur ideal target with a rebuttal like that

But....what I said is final. Unfortunately

Kalifornia.

Quote from: orgulho 🇧🇷 on November 25, 2022, 04:35:17 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia. on November 25, 2022, 01:45:27 PMAnd still ain't got a Grammy :kii:
Pro tip: find someone who values an institution enough to argue and/or prove their favs deservedness of their recognition .

SHE values it, which is why I said it.

So yeah, she doesn't have a Grammy and never will.

LOLZ!

shante smith

Quote from: Kalifornia. on November 25, 2022, 06:34:21 PM

SHE values it

in that case id say go to her twitter to reply to something she's said with that rebuttal.

might be quite a "mic drop" moment for u tbh

good luck !

and ur welcome

Kalifornia.

Quote from: orgulho 🇧🇷 on November 25, 2022, 06:47:26 PM

SHE values it

in that case id say go to her twitter to reply to something she's said with that rebuttal.

good luck !

and ur welcome

I'll continue to do it here, and you can type another paragraph about how you're not gonna entertain it or whatever.

:feelinmyself:

shante smith

Quote from: Kalifornia. on November 25, 2022, 06:55:02 PM
Quote from: orgulho 🇧🇷 on November 25, 2022, 06:47:26 PM

SHE values it

good luck !

and ur welcome

I'll continue to do it here, and you can type another paragraph about how you're not gonna entertain it or whatever.

:feelinmyself:
im more than happy to entertain any response to what i have to say.

even if its just to tell someone i have no interest in debating what ive said

so again, good luck .

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time