Wow, Domincan Republic really said “get out darkies”

Started by Gilgamesh., November 26, 2022, 04:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

QuoteUS officials in the Dominican Republic are warning "darker-skinned" Americans they are at risk of being swept up in the country's crackdown on Haitian migrants.

The advice from the US embassy in Santo Domingo suggests that authorities there are using a person's appearance as a criteria for detention of those suspected of being in the country illegally.

The Dominican Republic says it has deported 43,900 migrants, mostly Haitians, between July and October in an operation it insists is necessary for national security amid growing unrest, gang crime and a fuel blockade inside its only neighbour on the island of Hispaniola.

:disgusted:

shante smith

November 26, 2022, 04:29:11 PM #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:14:14 PM by Black Jew
The DR government has a history of being very anti-Black and sugarcoating it with/as policy

That's why I'm always slow to judge Dominicans who don't "look Dominican" and are super shy about claiming their blackness

... and even those who project their mess on others. I've definitely low key checked a couple  black Dominicans I know.

Not dragging them but finding subtle ways to let them know why it's not OK to say certain things . And not laughing at "jokes" that are laced with anti-blackness and self hate .

the country has a VERY deep rooted history of anti-blackness...mainly pushed by people who were clearly of mixed race themselves (Rafael Trujillo). you almost can't blame some of their more unambiguously black citizens for trying to separate themselves from something that has been blatantly demonized.

ophmani

um, are they not checking documents? how are the girls in danger of being "swept up"?

this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: ivorian oph on November 26, 2022, 04:39:16 PMum, are they not checking documents? how are the girls in danger of being "swept up"?

HDJDJDJJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJCJFJJFJFJFJFNFNFNF
D

F
F
F
D
F

D
F
F
F
D
C
F

F
G
F

H
H
F
G
F
G

F
H
F

H
G
G
G
H
G
F
H
F

H
T
D

H
T

H
G

H
G
H
Y
H
Y

H
F
H
YH

D
H
HD

H
T
H

T
H
T
F
H

T
H
T
H
T
H

T
F
H
H
H
J

STUNNA GOD

I'm sorry but not the gorls getting swept up at baggage claim. WTH!!!

BDBDBDBDNDNDNDNNDNDNDJDJDJDNDJRJJRJRJRJRNR

STUNNA GOD

"Sir, I'm a US Citizen. I have my documents right here" :uhh:

"Yea yea yea. Tell it to the JUDGE"

shante smith

Quote from: ivorian oph on November 26, 2022, 04:39:16 PMum, are they not checking documents? how are the girls in danger of being "swept up"?

theyre using appearance as a way to justify stopping someone

If someone "looks Haitian" they're gonna check them out .

I think It's a good warning to put out cuz if someone wanders off somewhere just for a few minutes without their passport handy in their pocket ... not knowing what's going on and thinking they'll be fine since they'll BRB to the hotel

...they could end up in a very fucked up situation . Randomly stopped and Detained by authorities until they get proof they are American

Or god forbid someone LOSES their document while over there and is spotted and detained .

who knows how they'll be treated during that time . Or how cooperative and helpful DR authorities will be as the American tries to retrieve their documents .

It's clear they're not very fond of black people so I doubt they'll be serving three course meals and giving white glove service as you wait.

Theres definitely risk involved worth considering . They're not saying don't go there ... they're saying be very careful . It's valuable advice IMO

shante smith

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on November 26, 2022, 04:47:42 PMI'm sorry but not the gorls getting swept up at baggage claim. WTH!!!

fnnfnfnfnf

They're doing this out in the streets tho

Not the airport .

Kinda like how the cops harass black people here . That's what the gorls have to be mindful of

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Black Jew on November 26, 2022, 04:52:04 PM
Quote from: Georgina Sparks on November 26, 2022, 04:47:42 PMI'm sorry but not the gorls getting swept up at baggage claim. WTH!!!

fnnfnfnfnf

Not the airport .

Kinda like how the cops harass black people here . That's what the gorls have to be mindful of
xcvvbbbvvxccvvvv

I know bby. I'm just playing

Cowgirl

MCMCNCNNNFNVNVVVNNCCMMCNC

Cowgirl

Not a mass sweep the second they step off of the plane. Disgusting country.

STUNNA GOD

November 26, 2022, 04:56:36 PM #11 Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:57:03 PM by Georgina Sparks
Quote from: Big Barbie on November 26, 2022, 04:54:14 PMNot a mass sweep the second they step off of the plane. Disgusting country.
NDJDMFJDJKFKKDMFMKDKFKDKFKKDKFKSKFKDKFKSKFKDKD
E
F
S
F
S
F
S
F

D
F
D
F
D
F
F

F
D
D

Not them holding up the brown bag as the gorls are exiting.

:udontlookok:

shante smith

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on November 26, 2022, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: Black Jew on November 26, 2022, 04:52:04 PM

fnnfnfnfnf

Not the airport .

xcvvbbbvvxccvvvv

I know bby. I'm just playing
i figured

silly self

ophmani

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on November 26, 2022, 04:49:56 PM"Sir, I'm a US Citizen. I have my documents right here" :uhh:

"Yea yea yea. Tell it to the JUDGE"

BVCCVXCCVCVBVVVCCVCCCCCCCCCCVCCCCCCXXXXXXX

like, HUH
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

DopeSoul.

It be the real dark ones that are anti black for me

Burnt ass chalupa