some things need to be kept in the break room

Started by shante smith, December 12, 2022, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shante smith

not these nurses losing their jobs (and possibly their entire careers) just for some quick hehes, hahas, clicks and views on TikTok  :shannonsmissing:

did they really think talking about the women they serve and how annoying they were during the most important and sensitive time of their lives would end well?

Lucid Salvatore

Nnnn I saw this on LipstickAlley a few days ago  :kii:

Maybe it's just me but they didn't even say anything that was really bad? It was just the usual complaints you hear from any other nurse nnnn

I really don't understand why they fired them because nurses are currently in high demand. Hospitals have been overworked and understaffed these past 3 years due to Covid, so I'm sure these girls will find a new job relatively quickly.

Cowgirl

I didn't think they said anything terrible either. They weren't violating anyone's privacy nor were they being specific. Unprofessional, yes, but didn't warrant termination.

shante smith

December 12, 2022, 09:00:07 PM #3 Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:14:09 PM by tickle me afro
Quote from: Lucid Salvatore on December 12, 2022, 08:56:03 PMNnnn I saw this on LipstickAlley a few days ago  :kii:

Maybe it's just me but they didn't even say anything that was really bad? It was just the usual complaints you hear from any other nurse nnnn

I really don't understand why they fired them because nurses are currently in high demand. Hospitals have been overworked and understaffed these past 3 years due to Covid, so I'm sure these girls will find a new job relatively quickly.
i dont think what they said was bad...it just shoulda stayed in the break room

Emory had no choice but to take action because now they not only have women who complained about their experience at their hospital, but nurses actually going on camera saying "yeah these bitches get on my nerves lol"

it's all about professionalism and appearances ultimately

shante smith

December 12, 2022, 09:02:50 PM #4 Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:06:25 PM by tickle me afro
Quote from: Big Barbie on December 12, 2022, 09:00:03 PMI didn't think they said anything terrible either. They weren't violating anyone's privacy nor were they being specific. Unprofessional, yes, but didn't warrant termination.
its not about saying something terrible though

unprofessionalism in itself is enough to warrant some sort of discipline

unprofessionalism is usually what costs people their jobs. sfsfsfssfsf

companies are very particular about people representing them/their brand on the internet.
they are VERY sensitive to it and are swift with action

if anything, historically thats the quickest thing that could get u fired

saying something edgy while ur wearing ur company uniform

this specific hospital has a history of complaints against them for mistreatment
and now they have nurses getting on camera basically saying "yeah these bitches annoy me"

not a good look. it's all about OPTICS.

Buy The Stars✨

i dont see the issue they didnt name names. alot of different ppl do this

ophmani

it's wasn't about what they said

it was about the fact that they're TRASH at their job and the gors came forward a bit vvvvvvvvvv

if they were good nurses, this wouldn't have been a story at all
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

shante smith

December 12, 2022, 09:57:16 PM #7 Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:37:13 PM by tickle me afro
two things can be true at the same time.

its their words AND these patients coming forward

these women would still have their jobs if they weren't on camera talking junk for tik tok.
it's safe to assume that

everyone in here saying "what they said wasn't that bad" is totally different from the actual women who gave birth

Black women being unheard and mistreated in hospitals has already been a topic of discussion for the LONGEST time.

that is literally the first thing I thought of when I saw this video - including the women coming forward with their stories.

and im not alone with these thoughts.

this just isn't the game these nurses should have been playing. period.
in ATLANTA of all places.

they deserved to be canned for their unprofessionalism and INSENSITIVITY.

https://twitter.com/MajaPorter/status/1601907041710538754

https://twitter.com/angie2lit/status/1602097306517798912

Buy The Stars✨

Buy The Stars✨

unless there is some clause that says they cant do what they did in their nurse contract they should sue

shante smith

December 12, 2022, 10:01:04 PM #10 Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:03:23 PM by tickle me afro
Quote from: Buy The Stars✨ on December 12, 2022, 09:58:16 PMyeah give these queens their job back
i can appreciate u wanting to have a  "support the black women" moment

but if u really wanna bring that all the way home...

dont forget the black women in the video who were HURT by these videos because of their mistreatment.

look at the video and the faces of the women who are sharing their stories.

don't dismiss or ignore their trauma and experience. which is way deeper than keeping a job.

Buy The Stars✨

December 12, 2022, 10:03:30 PM #11 Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:03:46 PM by Buy The Stars✨
Quote from: tickle me afro on December 12, 2022, 10:01:04 PM
Quote from: Buy The Stars✨ on December 12, 2022, 09:58:16 PMyeah give these queens their job back

dont forget the black women in the video who were HURT by these videos because of their mistreatment.

don't dismiss their trauma. which is way deeper than keeping a job.

did the nurses name names?

shante smith

December 12, 2022, 10:08:03 PM #12 Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:09:53 PM by tickle me afro
it actually sucks that black nurses are participating in this mess cuz this has been such a long time conversation and a VERY serious fight for black women when it comes to not being treated fairly or taken seriously in hospitals.

literally can mean life or death if someone in a hospital doesn't HEAR you when u complain or roll their eyes and say "girl calm down u know its not that bad...u bitches always be so dramatic lol u a skrong black woman u got dis! " when u say ur aching badly

its not something to take lightly. especially not on camera

shante smith

Quote from: Buy The Stars✨ on December 12, 2022, 10:03:30 PM
Quote from: tickle me afro on December 12, 2022, 10:01:04 PM

don't dismiss their trauma. which is way deeper than keeping a job.

did the nurses name names?
i don't think u get it NIck. and that's OK

sfsfsfsfsfsf

Buy The Stars✨

i get it hun.  im playing devils advocate. a good lawyer is going to argue that and figure every way to win for their client.  These are the questions they are gonna ask when a lawsuit comes and the answer is no lol