Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurama

Vonc2002

Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
n

I wouldn't say Chiwetel and Lupita have flourishing careers
Are u serious,  chiwetel STAYS in a movie.  Lupita, has booked 2 fckn STAR WARS movies and is in The jungle Book which comes out tomorrow and looks fanFUCKNtastic. They are working. This nigga on own and doesn't have prospects, how dare :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Just because some don't necessarily become A list on the same level as their white counterparts doesn't mean they aren't working. He sounded foolish and it was completely disrespectful

Zankou.

the "what have they done bigger than the roles they were nominated for/won" is kind of the key part IMO.

am mean yeah Lupita is in Star Wars but she's not the star of the movie.

Real

Cowboy Nine

April 14, 2016, 11:03:44 AM #21 Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:03:56 AM by Cosmic Explorer
There's no reason why shouldn't be in bigger movies tho, especially after being nominated for a damm Oscar/winning one

Not being reduced to damn extras in Star Wars and the lead in flop indie flicks

Vonc2002

Quote from: Saturn. on April 14, 2016, 11:01:50 AM
the "what have they done bigger than the roles they were nominated for/won" is kind of the key part IMO.

am mean yeah Lupita is in Star Wars but she's not the star of the movie.
Did u miss this?
Quote"I'll tell you what, the majority who's gotten an Oscar, it's signified the end of their career," he said.
This just isn't true and considering that these people have a better career than he's EVERY had, he sounds stupid

Zankou.

Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 11:03:44 AM
There's no reason why shouldn't be in bigger movies tho, especially after being nominated for a damm Oscar/winning one

!!!

Vonc2002

Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 11:03:44 AM

Hollywood isn't fair, this is no secret but an oscar nod definitely doesn't END anyone's career. Who is in indie flicks? An EXTRA :dead:
U know some roles are introduced in one film to be developed in the next, right? I mean and even if she was just an extra,  what's the alternative?  Being on fckn OWN :dead:

Kaeli.

n this internal psychological rationalization. He knows he'll never be big OR nominated, hence him discrediting an oscars significance. He should stick to his multiple box office FLOPS & find a seat.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Kaeli. on April 14, 2016, 11:18:31 AM
n this internal psychological rationalization. He knows he'll never be big OR nominated, hence him discrediting an oscars significance. He should stick to his multiple box office FLOPS & find a seat.
f
Not even,  when he is in a movie its some str8 to dvd shit. Crying at them calling black dynamite a hit.  For Better or Worse is terrible btw

BAPHOMET.

Vonc2002

If he woulda said an oscar nod or win hasn't elevated the careers of many black actors as it shouldve then i couldve agreed. What he DID say was wrong