I can't believe urban mess is mainstream again.

Started by Herb., October 15, 2015, 12:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iman

Quote from: Young on October 15, 2015, 01:32:27 AM
Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:29:30 AM
Quote from: Young on October 15, 2015, 01:25:11 AM
Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:20:58 AM
and you guys are saying R&B is struggling simply because your faves are flops now :plzstop: no shade

n

I mean....YEAH!

ALL our faves ain't sellin like they use to. They don't get label support, they barely get spins on the radio. They get the short end of the stick

I mean if u just look at the iTunes Charts, the R&B category is almost non existent. The shade is u can be #7 on R&B and #145 on the iTunes main.

You make a good point. It's sad but I'm used to it now. It's like the same formula every time. Make them release boring R&B songs, send it to Urban AC, release the album, whew! done :uhh:

but I have to put some blame on the R&B artists as well. Feels like a lot of them are comfortable where they are. Why not change the sound, release a different way, etc.

I definitely agree with that. They have to find a way to be hot/current/ and still have a progressive sound, while being true to R&B.

I think that's why I love "Earned It"

!!! and a lot of them don't even have to switch it up that much. They can easily just find a producer to add an edgy spin to their established sound. Switch up how they sing, etc. :loose2when:

BAPHOMET.

rebranding rebranding rebranding.
That's what it comes down to with the R&B artist from the 90's n early 2000's.

and ALL artist should listen to radio. Not to hop on whats hot but to see how they can push something further or make something their own.

Herb.

Quote from: Baphomet. on October 15, 2015, 01:39:21 AM
rebranding rebranding rebranding.
That's what it comes down to with the R&B artist from the 90's n early 2000's.

and ALL artist should listen to radio. Not to hop on whats hot but to see how they can push something further or make something their own.
I see what you mean.

I remember when I really first fell in love GODni ..... in high school
HWME :stressed: :stressed:

everyone was HOPPING on darkchild beats
but no one did it like ha

Scott.

In 2010-2011, an R&B artist was lucky to see Gold. Now you're lucky to even push 300k, 400k at the most

Young

So Glad Quee' Mo has a gold album this decade

Lolz

iman

Quote from: SCOTTland on October 15, 2015, 01:45:47 AM
In 2010-2011, an R&B artist was lucky to see Gold. Now you're lucky to even push 300k, 400k at the most

:feelinmyself:

deez

Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:00:14 AM
Quote from: ........ on October 15, 2015, 12:57:19 AM
rap/hip-hop type urban has consistently been mainstream
its R&B that struggling

"Earned It" was a huge hit this year. A R&B song.
That song isn't purely R&B. & i think it's female R&B/hip hop that's taken a hit.

I remember when all of our gorls were dominating the charts at one point. But I feel like now the industry is more misogynistic than ever.

deez

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/radiofacts/Charts.asp?format=U1R

it's kinda disgusting how there are only 3 females in the top 30

& two of them have male features :ohwow:

pCj

Quote from: Plankesha on October 15, 2015, 01:23:30 AM
drake is not real R&B

hes not evn full blck!!!
And you're not a real fckin womuh

Never fucking will be LMAO

:feelinmyself: