I can't believe urban mess is mainstream again.

Started by Herb., October 15, 2015, 12:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plank

weeknd tho...hes rlly bringin sumn knew

...wish he like  BLACK GIRLS tho

iman

Quote from: SCOTTland on October 15, 2015, 01:23:21 AM
It's nice that The Weeknd is slaying, but I need R&B artist to do the same. It shouldn't be just one artist doing the slaying

he's a R&B artist tho :usuresis:

Young

Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:20:58 AM
and you guys are saying R&B is struggling simply because your faves are flops now :plzstop: no shade

n

I mean....YEAH!

ALL our faves ain't sellin like they use to. They don't get label support, they barely get spins on the radio. They get the short end of the stick

I mean if u just look at the iTunes Charts, the R&B category is almost non existent. The shade is u can be #7 on R&B and #145 on the iTunes main.

iman

Quote from: Plankesha on October 15, 2015, 01:24:08 AM
weeknd tho...hes rlly bringin sumn knew

...wish he like  BLACK GIRLS tho

illiterate self

Scott.

Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:24:55 AM
Quote from: SCOTTland on October 15, 2015, 01:23:21 AM
It's nice that The Weeknd is slaying, but I need R&B artist to do the same. It shouldn't be just one artist doing the slaying

he's a R&B artist tho :usuresis:

Um, I never said he wasnt. And that was clearly a typo. I meant to say "MORE R&B artist should be slaying or whatever"

Plank

BAPHOMET.

Plank

Quote from: Young on October 15, 2015, 01:25:11 AM
and you guys are saying R&B is struggling simply because your faves are flops now :plzstop: no shade

n

I mean....YEAH!

ALL our faves ain't sellin like they use to. They don't get label support, they barely get spins on the radio. They get the short end of the stick

I mean if u just look at the iTunes Charts, the R&B category is almost non existent. The shade is u can be #7 on R&B and #145 on the iTunes main.

look
im jus happ' shan got her mess out wen she did
she rlly did good for a vet' female R&B gurl

its rlly hard for blck gurls especially cuz of tha racism n sexism
if u not bey or forehead u aint gettin no luv

RAY7

Beyonce is shitting
so thats false tbh
but theres always a few token Blacks that slip through
John Legend went to #1 with All of Me
but we both know R&B as a whole is struggling and isnt mainstream

iman

n

I mean....YEAH!

You make a good point. It's sad but I'm used to it now. It's like the same formula every time. Make them release boring R&B songs, send it to Urban AC, release the album, whew! done :uhh:

but I have to put some blame on the R&B artists as well. Feels like a lot of them are comfortable where they are. Why not change the sound, release a different way, etc.

iman

Quote from: ........ on October 15, 2015, 01:29:13 AM
Beyonce is shitting
so thats false tbh

s

now ray, Bey is a Pop star at most, I wouldn't group her with the other struggling R&B artists.
John established himself with the AC audience so it was easy for him to get that #1 but keep in mind his album didn't sell as well as that single did.

Young

Quote from: Plankesha on October 15, 2015, 01:28:42 AM

n

I mean....YEAH!

look
im jus happ' shan got her mess out wen she did
she rlly did good for a vet' female R&B gurl

its rlly hard for blck gurls especially cuz of tha racism n sexism
if u not bey or forehead u aint gettin no luv

I still spin "scars"  :stressed:

Young

Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:29:30 AM

n

I mean....YEAH!

You make a good point. It's sad but I'm used to it now. It's like the same formula every time. Make them release boring R&B songs, send it to Urban AC, release the album, whew! done :uhh:

but I have to put some blame on the R&B artists as well. Feels like a lot of them are comfortable where they are. Why not change the sound, release a different way, etc.

I definitely agree with that. They have to find a way to be hot/current/ and still have a progressive sound, while being true to R&B.

I think that's why I love "Earned It"

RAY7

Quote from: iman on October 15, 2015, 01:30:51 AM
Quote from: ........ on October 15, 2015, 01:29:13 AM
Beyonce is shitting
so thats false tbh

s

now ray, Bey is a Pop star at most, I wouldn't group her with the other struggling R&B artists.
John established himself with the AC audience so it was easy for him to get that #1 but keep in mind his album didn't sell as well as that single did.
if Bey is Pop, so is Weeknd
and exactly about John, he slipped in with a #1
but no one was buying a FULL R&B album