I never knew Dirrty never even TOUCHED the top 40

Started by zaiye9837, March 02, 2019, 06:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaiye9837

QuoteRCA Records sent "Dirrty" to American radio stations in September 14, 2002 as the lead single from Stripped. RCA and Sony Music Entertainment later released the song as a CD single. The song peaked at number forty eight on the US Billboard 100.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirrty

What the hell? :guys:

Blackpantha

This song is still my jam... On the second verse in the video when she went down low and opened up her legs.  Ugh! I'd immulate that move over and over. 
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

b7

Ffffggggggggg

it was kinda controversial, so the girls said no ma'am. Go bathe and things 

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Sinpool

D

it was huge but the girls couldn't take her being that much of a skeezy whore. So they said no maam

Sinpool

Its funny I don't think of the 2000s being prudish but the fact that dirrty and even things like Slave 4 u were considered scandalous back then but no one would bat an eye now a days unless someone like Taylor Swift did it

MelMel

Quote from: Blackpantha on March 02, 2019, 06:13:29 PM
This song is still my jam... On the second verse in the video when she went down low and opened up her legs.  Ugh! I'd immulate that move over and over.
ackkkkk

Yes King

Checkmate Burruss

I love the fact that we can look back at stuff like this and realize that even tho charts, numbers, and plaques were mentioned, it wasn't a huge part of the conversation for the consumer/fans.
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

FRANCE

Yeah, it did peak high on the US charts, but it performed really well in other countries. Its impact >>>> chart positions. Was a good set up for Beautiful. 

Gilgamesh.

Why was this so controversial? Cause she wore chaps?

Ulysses

The song was pretty gross though, so I get it. But considering she was coming back from such a major debut, you woulda thought the first single would have charted better 

Sinpool

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 02, 2019, 09:10:47 PM

Cause she was a cute lil mickey mouse girl that randomly popped up with her titties and ass out twerking and talking about fucking

FRANCE

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 02, 2019, 09:10:47 PM

Christina was a Disney girl. And back in 2000-2002, these pop girls (the likes of Britney, Christina, Jessica, etc) coming out and doing something like this was waaay over the top. I remember being in high school when this song came out and everyone was so shocked by it. Times have definitely changed though. Back then, women weren't praised for being sexually free and provocative. Climate's much more open to that now. We're talking about a time when even Brandy, Monica, Aaliyah, etc had to maintain a clean image. Imagine if Brandy came out with Dirrty in 2001.

FRANCE

Quote from: Ulysses on March 02, 2019, 09:15:06 PM
The song was pretty gross though, so I get it. But considering she was coming back from such a major debut, you woulda thought the first single would have charted better

Back then, there wasn't iTunes or anything, so chart positions were pretty much mainly based on airplay. Radio wasn't gonna play Dirrty.