I never knew Dirrty never even TOUCHED the top 40

Started by zaiye9837, March 02, 2019, 06:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulysses

Quote from: SPARK on March 02, 2019, 09:25:04 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on March 02, 2019, 09:15:06 PM
The song was pretty gross though, so I get it. But considering she was coming back from such a major debut, you woulda thought the first single would have charted better

Back then, there wasn't iTunes or anything, so chart positions were pretty much mainly based on airplay. Radio wasn't gonna play Dirrty.
People still purchased singles.

Kaeli.

Kinda funny how everyone was so shocked by this since her debut single was literally about her getting her cooter rubbed

FRANCE

Quote from: Ulysses on March 02, 2019, 09:27:36 PM
The song was pretty gross though, so I get it. But considering she was coming back from such a major debut, you woulda thought the first single would have charted better

Back then, there wasn't iTunes or anything, so chart positions were pretty much mainly based on airplay. Radio wasn't gonna play Dirrty.

They did. But radio play had more impact. Billboard changed rules later on. Reminds me of when Put It Down was starting to get lots of radio airplay and it peaked really high on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Charts and then as soon as the rule change occurred with iTunes purchases counting, it fell out the Top 10.

CREAM.

Kaeli.

GSBDVNDVDXNXJSMDJXK CKXNBXKXBXMXJ

wtf

thats what my mom calls it 

We're too upper echelon to say coochie :sup:

FRANCE

Quote from: Kaeli. on March 02, 2019, 09:28:51 PM
Kinda funny how everyone was so shocked by this since her debut single was literally about her getting her cooter rubbed
Mmmm

Same can be said for Britney's Hit Me Baby One More Time too. The music videos were different though. I legit remember one of my female friends back in high school saying "she just loves to be naked now" lol. And the slutty chicks wanting me to burn the CD single for them. :kii:

Black ppl really starting love her during this era too. And Dirrty would start getting played on BET Uncut.

Navyman

Quote from: SPARK on March 02, 2019, 09:31:30 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on March 02, 2019, 09:27:36 PM

They did. But radio play had more impact. Billboard changed rules later on. Reminds me of when Put It Down was starting to get lots of radio airplay and it peaked really high on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Charts and then as soon as the rule change occurred with iTunes purchases counting, it fell out the Top 10.
:shannonsmissing:
That's not what happened. iTunes purchases were counted since like 2006.

I think you may be referring to streaming or something.or I think that's when they allowed all radio airplay to be counted on the sub charts instead of just that genre chart radios.

ophmani

Quote from: Blackpantha on March 02, 2019, 06:13:29 PM
This song is still my jam... On the second verse in the video when she went down low and opened up her legs.

YESSSSS she slayed that lil lite twerk before the girls were even twerking like that
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

ophmani

Quote from: STAYFLO. on March 02, 2019, 08:57:49 PM

ACKKKKKK

brit slayed this TOO. the dance break >>>>>>

these bitches really came tf out SWINGING these sophomore eras huh
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

Sinpool

At Madonna didnt quite get away with being a whore wither

erotic flopped to hell

MelMel

March 02, 2019, 10:21:04 PM #26 Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:21:13 PM by MelMel
Quote from: Kaeli. on March 02, 2019, 09:28:51 PM
this 90 year old ass grandma

FRANCE

Quote from: ophelia_b on March 02, 2019, 09:48:13 PM

ACKKKKKK

Slave 4 U >>>>>

That was from her 3rd album tho. Oops was her sophomore project.

MelMel

Quote from: ophelia_b on March 02, 2019, 09:48:13 PM

ACKKKKKK

this was Britney's third era but yes both slayed these slutty ass tracks  :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

ton