Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Seashell on May 05, 2020, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 03, 2020, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 01:26:59 PM
Human>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Two Eleven in every single way possible.

!!!!

Yeah, 2/11 is by far her worst album. It just feels like a bunch of songs thrown together to sound current. Human may have been too AC/poppy but it still felt like more of a Brandy album, with the effort put into it. Anyone could have released 2/11.

I'm listening to 2/11 right now, I don't agree with the last part of your comment. 2/11 is still a BRANDY album. I can't think of another artist who even has the same musical ear as brandy. Like she finds hidden places to tuck harmonies and notes lol. 2/11 still has some good Brandy elements in it vocally. She MADE those songs. But I can agree that I feel like they wanted it to be a current sound of R&B at the time
Two Eleven is NOT a Brandy album. That album is her worst album period.

Not when Human exists  :shannonsmissing:

In reality, Brandy has no bad album but Human is her weakest.

You might not like it but it's more of a Brandy album than 2/11, which was a collection of demos. Literally.

Bish

Quote from: Seashell on May 05, 2020, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 03, 2020, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 01:26:59 PM
Human>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Two Eleven in every single way possible.

!!!!

Yeah, 2/11 is by far her worst album. It just feels like a bunch of songs thrown together to sound current. Human may have been too AC/poppy but it still felt like more of a Brandy album, with the effort put into it. Anyone could have released 2/11.

I'm listening to 2/11 right now, I don't agree with the last part of your comment. 2/11 is still a BRANDY album. I can't think of another artist who even has the same musical ear as brandy. Like she finds hidden places to tuck harmonies and notes lol. 2/11 still has some good Brandy elements in it vocally. She MADE those songs. But I can agree that I feel like they wanted it to be a current sound of R&B at the time
Two Eleven is NOT a Brandy album. That album is her worst album period.

Not when Human exists  :shannonsmissing:

In reality, Brandy has no bad album but Human is her weakest.
HUMAN is one of my least favorites, but at least it feels authentically Brandy and has a point of view. There's real artistry behind it whether the music is your taste or not.

Brandy tried too hard on 2/11 to distance herself from the Human sound because it was such a flop commercially. She ended up going too far to the left. The songs had Brandy-isms because she's always going to infuse her style into whatever she does, but it lacked authenticity.

jtwoeleven

I see Two Eleven as her most trendy album, meaning, following musical trends of that time, or a bit earlier, rather than setting them. Though she sounds great on the songs, they don't sound...how shall I say...organic to her, if that makes sense. Like, I can definitely hear other people singing select songs from that album, as if they were clearly shopped to other artists before she got them.

Monika

Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2020, 02:33:53 PM
Human is one of her best albums vocally, but most of the songs were not Brandy songs.
I still listen to some mess from Two
can you list the songs you feel this way about? I feel like the songs on that album fit her well. The only song i feel doesn't fit her is "Piano Man". All the other songs fit her well. I guess it's because i connect the album with what Brandy has gone through.

Like, RHD, Torn Down, True, Warm It Up (lawd know knows this world needs to warm up because the heart of man is evil!)  The Definition, and more are songs that i connect to. I love this album. I connect with it more than 211. It's true. I feel more in tune with it.

The 211 album is amazing also, but i connect with Human more. All her albums shit, though! My girl knows how to make, huh?  :scrumptious:
Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: Troye on May 01, 2020, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on May 01, 2020, 02:36:26 PM
I like about 3 songs on Human

can probably count on two hands how many times I've listened to that album

not really a good representation of her as an artist and the songs are too poppy for my taste

really? that whole album slays me .. i love pop brandy it proves she can do any genre of music and slay it
yesssss, love Pop Brandy! I really love all sides of her musically. She is just an amazing artist.
Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 01:24:00 PM
I love Two Eleven because vocally she out sang Human!!

the runs, harmonies, and vocal DEPTH of 2/11 >>>>>>>
yesssss, she was sanging! Omg, that way this heffa laid into " Slower" and "Wish Your Love Away!"  :plzstop:

Yahudah