Brandy Interviews

Started by Seven, May 01, 2020, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bish

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 05, 2020, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: Lee on May 05, 2020, 10:54:27 PM
Beyoncé's fans are calling her album B7, too. I'm sure that's gonna be a thing on social media. I think it's gonna work in Bran's favor tho...people will be talking :feelinmyself:

I'm kinda here for it tbh. Take back your original title then quee.
I'd rather she just fully lean into it and title it "B."

b7

ahhhhh lemme get in here and watch this video with Robin. Libra QUEEN 

she's so sweet 

b7

Quote from: Lee on May 04, 2020, 03:24:35 PM
Bobby Brown was in the comments ndndndndmfn
this damn LEGEND
:stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

b7

Quote from: Seven on May 04, 2020, 03:32:21 PM
New Rolling Stone interview

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/brandy-chance-the-rapper-baby-mama-video-interview-992303/

Brandy and Chance the Rapper Celebrate Mother's Day Early With 'Baby Mama'

Just in time for Mother's Day, Brandy recruited Chance the Rapper for a celebration of single moms. "Baby Mama" will appear on the Grammy-winning R&B star's first album in eight years.

Produced by Hit-Boy, "Baby Mama" is joyful from the jump. Brandy details her love for her daughter Sy'rai over a horn-heavy beat, celebrating the teen's talents and ability to shine. Brandy has been a single mom for the majority of Sy'rai's life, and the song's catchy hook is equally an ode to her own independence and hard work: "Every day I breathe, it's for my little mama/I'm every women and a baby mama," she sings. Chance's playful guest verse has him boosting Brandy's solo confidence: "Wait come and think of it/She didn't never really need you," he concludes.

Brandy tells Rolling Stone that her follow-up to 2012's Two Eleven has been completed, and "Baby Mama" came toward the end of the album-making process. "I feel so honored to be a mom and taking care of my baby. It's a dedication to her and to all moms who are doing the same thing," she says. "Baby Mama" isn't a total tease of her new album's sound; Brandy says that each track has "its own sound to it" with an overall "edgy, R&B vibe to it."

As for Chance the Rapper's guest verse, Brandy had connected with him when he reached out about sampling a portion of her first single, "I Wanna Be Down." They FaceTimed and hit it off immediately, leading to the pair deciding to work on something new together. "He's a family man. He's a mother lover. He has great morals and is a role model," she says. "The verse that he did was just mind-blowing."

In the years leading up to her upcoming seventh album, Brandy has been busy with various stage and screen projects. She has starred as Roxie Hart in Chicago and appeared on Fox's Star. Last year, she released the single "Freedom Rings" and appeared on Daniel Caesar's Love Again.
:loose2when: :loose2when: :loose2when:

Is it CHRISTMAS!?

b7

Quote from: Rxxf on May 04, 2020, 10:16:08 PM
A lot of the vocal bible stems from FULL MOON the album. In my opinion.
A lot of singers studied that album... for her vocals.
It's fact. Now its a cult classic as a result

She's waaaaay more respected now than she was during the TwoEleven era and the evidence is in all of this promo. When hosts on Sirius XM are calling you the vocal bible without flinching >>>>

:kii:  i know the girls hate to SEE it

b7

Quote from: Lee on May 05, 2020, 01:27:43 PM

this overnight thinning queen
This is what i came in here for!!

:'( :'( :'(

Libra/Aquarius bestie selves. Robin is the one that never leaves her side it seems.

:gotchafag:

Monika

Quote from: 1RIG on May 06, 2020, 05:29:34 AM

This is what i came in here for!!

:'( :'( :'(

Libra/Aquarius bestie selves. Robin is the one that never leaves her side it seems.

:gotchafag:
this interview was so amazing, Rigs! Brandy is so down to earth. Why i feel like she my cousin?  :uhh:
Yahudah

b7

Quote from: Lee on May 05, 2020, 01:32:30 PM
I AM SCREAMING at her reacting to her own runs hdnfnffnfmf
:dead:
:kii: :kii:

that was SO good. Robin always asks things I've never heard asked before

b7

Quote from: lovechild on May 05, 2020, 02:45:33 PM
Listen she better have a voice for tomorrow or some pre records ready lol
sssss

she's performing thursday

b7

Quote from: 89 on May 05, 2020, 03:46:36 PM

watching this now
Im LOVING this. So glad they stayed close
!!!!!

b7

Quote from: Lee on May 05, 2020, 10:50:48 PM
Quote from: Bish on May 05, 2020, 10:43:34 PM
I'm not going to get hung up on the album title because 2/11 was a great title yet
  :hehe:
Mdbnfnfnf
Yea I don't really care THAT much about the title. It's not TERRIBLE. I just want the music to be phenomenal
I coulda swore she hashtasged BE-7 like #Be7 more than once, so i hope she explains that
and the meaning behind it cuz she's confusing me with this basic explanation ssddsds

Girl no. But i really do feel this album is going to be what we need and want

Monika

Hmmm, i don't know about as the title. Don't use it just because fans want it. Use it because you feel it's right for YOU!
Yahudah

CREAM.

The Robin Ayers is my favorite interview so far!