“Baby Mama” Video OUT NOW on Apple Music

Started by Harlem, May 04, 2020, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 04, 2020, 01:12:49 AM
Quote from: Kaeli. on May 04, 2020, 01:03:39 AM
She looks gorgeous tho.

the video is a snooze fest tho. I feel like more could've been done with the lyrics and theme of the song.

and what's the point of filming the choreography the way they did? It was either up close on Brandy or it was behind her :udontlookok:

It's slightly better than the 2/11 videos but that ain't saying much.
!!!
The symmetry is 100% off..
There's literally no body to the dancing shots.
It's just like "she's dancing somewhere in here...lol use ur imagination"

U literally only see her throwing her arm repeatedly to her right

Wtf  :uhh:
:plzstop:
there are other shots of her dancing but i agree they showed her throwing her arm to the right in here alot.

i actually liked the shots of her the most where she is dancing by her self just kinda vibing with the music those were the most authentic

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on May 04, 2020, 01:20:26 AM
I think you all are forgetting this is loosely based on the Sammy Davis Jr. number...  hints the tambourines. 
Yeah, I had to keep reminding myself that. People who don't know will think it's a lot of randomness going on  :kii:

I can't wait to see her perform this
:stressed:

Harlem

I think you all are forgetting this is loosely based on the Sammy Davis Jr. number...  hints the tambourines. 

Frank didn't really SELL IT though... I thought the whole video would be about the Sammy Davis Jr number but just a 2020 version b/c the original is iconic

b7

Quote from: Troye on May 04, 2020, 01:19:20 AM
after the second watch it i like it alot more. 

You can tell she is free doing what she what she wants to do.  she seems to finally have creative control.  I like that she isnt being the typical RNB girl..She is singing about what she wants to be about and shooting videos she wants too.   BRANDY is really always been in her own lane never chasing trends or anything. I will always love her for that.  NOW AS LONG as this is ONE of FOUR videos we get this era ill be good
yeeees

She was really trying to give us a second video back to back before Covid, so have faith! She's really really trying. I love her for it

GLOCK

Quote from: Troye on May 04, 2020, 01:23:41 AM
Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 04, 2020, 01:12:49 AM
Quote from: Kaeli. on May 04, 2020, 01:03:39 AM
She looks gorgeous tho.

the video is a snooze fest tho. I feel like more could've been done with the lyrics and theme of the song.

and what's the point of filming the choreography the way they did? It was either up close on Brandy or it was behind her :udontlookok:

It's slightly better than the 2/11 videos but that ain't saying much.
!!!
The symmetry is 100% off..
There's literally no body to the dancing shots.
It's just like "she's dancing somewhere in here...lol use ur imagination"

U literally only see her throwing her arm repeatedly to her right

Wtf  :uhh:
:plzstop:
there are other shots of her dancing but i agree they showed her throwing her arm to the right in here alot.

i actually liked the shots of her the most where she is dancing by her self just kinda vibing with the music those were the most authentic
that hitchhike move is a mess  :uhh:

They showed it like 10 times  :unsure:

Wtf

Harlem

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 04, 2020, 01:23:20 AM
I literally would've gave brandy a HUGE chair..

very throne-ish but made of bamboo..

I would've had all the girls dressed in natural colors ...
and praising her a bit.

dancing around her and her dancing in her seat...
then did a choreo mess with all the girls having babies in a shot

I would've only casted dancers who are mothers ..

in a room full of leafs and palms ..

I would've had a shot of the girls perched Among a big pool of water.. very close.. layered next to each other in gold.. doing hand choreo..
would've had chance in a lil pool chair mess floating rapping as brandy and the girls do their lil mess laying up next to each other off to the side ..

He would've been shirtless with a gold chain on
Ch!
then end it with syrai in her throne sitting next to brandy on her throne... and syrai holding a "bible" 

ch!

this shit would've been >>

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: 1RIG on May 04, 2020, 01:22:41 AM
For me she just didn't have the same energy I'm used to, and i touched on that earlier in another thread, but i know she wasn't feeling well so i won't make a big deal of it

I love how fun and colorful it is and the move when she leans in a bit on some smooth criminal shit. Obviously not nearly as complex or on the same level, but i LOVE that part and wish they would've showed more of that footwork

She ate that
ugh, she was kinda fucking MOVING. I wish the video was more performance based, but she killed those beauty shots
:flamebroiled:

GLOCK

Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on May 04, 2020, 01:23:57 AM
Yeah, I had to keep reminding myself that. People who don't know will think it's a lot of randomness going on  :kii:

I can't wait to see her perform this
:stressed:
!
I forgot
Because it doesn't match

This song is suppose to uplift women

She should've went with my concept

Ugh

GLOCK

Quote from: Harlem on May 04, 2020, 01:25:36 AM
Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 04, 2020, 01:23:20 AM
I literally would've gave brandy a HUGE chair..

very throne-ish but made of bamboo..

I would've had all the girls dressed in natural colors ...
and praising her a bit.

dancing around her and her dancing in her seat...
then did a choreo mess with all the girls having babies in a shot

I would've only casted dancers who are mothers ..

in a room full of leafs and palms ..

I would've had a shot of the girls perched Among a big pool of water.. very close.. layered next to each other in gold.. doing hand choreo..
would've had chance in a lil pool chair mess floating rapping as brandy and the girls do their lil mess laying up next to each other off to the side ..

He would've been shirtless with a gold chain on
Ch!
then end it with syrai in her throne sitting next to brandy on her throne... and syrai holding a "bible" 

ch!

this shit would've been >>

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
KING  :gorlonfire:

THIS WAS THE OBVIOUS TREATMENT
WTF

b7

Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on May 04, 2020, 01:22:38 AM
Quote from: Jayd' on May 04, 2020, 01:19:01 AM
The song is huge sounding imo
And this didn't capture it

The song still shits
:gorlonfire:
Yeah, the video could've been so much more? I can't really explain it.

I do like it tho, I wish they showed more of the choreography throughout the song, especially after the second verse. I think it would have looked better with all of the dancers hitting that shit and us being able to see the entire routine.
!!!!

But i liiiiiiive for the way the dancers get dragged and RISE up off the ground  :kii:

That's my other favorite part. It's so weird and musical theatre-esque

I loved the video a lot more when i watched for a second time. I didn't like how abrupt it started out at first hdhdd or i just wasn't ready

Cowboy Nine

I wish there was more to it other than Brandy in a warehouse, in prints. It wasn't bad, just didn't really have much going on.

The song is kinda growing on me a bit.

GLOCK

Quote from: zanny on May 04, 2020, 01:24:40 AM
I actually love her in the baggy suit
I didn't mind it until she started dancing and throwing her arm to her right

Le Champ

That choreo when Chance was dancing was giving me Get Me Bodied. I saw Frank's ass all up in thru it :dead:
It was cute though. I agree, I wish they showed more dancing. They had like 80 dancers :dead:

Harlem

Glock that's crazy, I was just about to say she should've kept it more simple and only had dancers who was mothers and are out here killing it like herself & had their daughters at the end with Brandy and Sy'rai at the center...

Your idea though>>>>>>>>><<