Michael Jai White Shades Angela Bassett, Terrence Howard, etc

Started by Vonc2002, April 14, 2016, 10:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 10:47:28 AM
Ummmm EVERY person he named has a better career than he's EVER had. Terrence Howard is on one of the top shows on tv
Angela was just emmy nominated for her work on AHS, plus she's had plenty of roles since WLGTDWI
Cuba is DEFINITELY about to be nominated for his work on this OJ show that was a fckn HIT!
He's on a fckn tyler perry show on OWN. Hes fckn out of it

angela has went on to portray some of our most historical figures :uhh:

coretta scott king
rosa parks
betty shabazz

i mean wth is he smoking

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Scott. on April 14, 2016, 10:53:52 AM
No matter where his career stands right now, he didn't lie

Yeah, he did. It's not like their career took some major hit after an Oscar because of some Oscar curse. There aren't very many good, well written roles for black actors and actresses. There will continue to not be a lot of roles after the person wins an Oscar. Even securing a role that's big in the mainstream and that has enough depth to be seen as Oscar worthy is like striking gold for black actors.

Sovereign.

Quote from: Cosmic Explorer on April 14, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
n

I wouldn't say Chiwetel and Lupita have flourishing careers

But they do though.

Lupita's on Broadway currently about to receive a Tony nod & Chiwetel has aheavy influence in film & Britian theatre. 

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Denver. on April 14, 2016, 11:53:15 AM
n

But they do though.

Lupita's on Broadway currently about to receive a Tony nod & Chiwetel has aheavy influence in film & Britian theatre.

so win oscars
go on to theater

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Sovereign.

And Angela is about to be nominated for her FOURTH Emmy along with Cuba.

Vonc2002

n

But they do though.

!!!!!!!!
Chiwetel was just in The martian which was golden globe and oscar nominated,
He was in that Julie roberts/Nicole Kidman Movie, AND He is in that new Marvel Super hero movie Doctor Strange. He STAYS working. What the boy said was wrong, PERIOD!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BranLover

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 14, 2016, 10:47:28 AM
Ummmm EVERY person he named has a better career than he's EVER had. Terrence Howard is on one of the top shows on tv
Angela was just emmy nominated for her work on AHS, plus she's had plenty of roles since WLGTDWI
Cuba is DEFINITELY about to be nominated for his work on this OJ show that was a fckn HIT!
He's on a fckn tyler perry show on OWN. Hes fckn out of it

I agree! He should've used other examples.

Vonc2002

Quote from: TheNextLew on April 14, 2016, 11:55:08 AM
n

But they do though.

so win oscars
go on to theater

Did u miss the part about her being in the next 2 star wars movies and This new jungle Book film. How many movies must she do to be working :dead:
& u do realize that Broadway is something EXTREMELY noteworthy, correct?

Sovereign.

And Lupita was in Star Wars & did vocie work for Jungle Book.  :uhh: