People Are Divided Over Erykah Badu's Recent Tweets

Started by Freemala Harris, April 11, 2016, 11:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

April 11, 2016, 11:09:12 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:11:44 PM by Freeruu
Erykah Badu was inspired into a Twitter rant Monday (April 11) based off a New Zealand school making high school girls wear longer skirts. The rule was put in place so as to not “distract” male teachers and students.

Badu, a mother of two daughters and a teenage son, agrees that longer skirts are a good idea.

The subject could be seen by some as slut shaming and possible victim-blaming (especially since rape and sexual assault aren’t confined to countries with specific dress codes). But to be fair, Badu didn’t mention sexual abuse, specifically

She also pointed out that young males should be taught to be responsible for their actions, and that it’s not okay to prey on young women.

http://hiphopwired.com/2016/04/11/erykah-badu-rant-longer-skirts/

https://twitter.com/fatbellybella

Thoughts?

throwintheTAL

didn't read. But that's ridiculous. Wife beaters and basketball shorts distracted me in school. them niggas didn't stop wearing that shit, did they? If you're sexy, you gon get looked at, regardless of what you wear.

throwintheTAL

All this stems from is the inherent need for men to direct women's lives and tell them what to do. suck my fckin dick with that shit

Freemala Harris

April 11, 2016, 11:18:11 PM #5 Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:22:10 PM by Freeruu
Its really sad. I've heard some women talk about how they were harassed/catcalled by GROWN MEN at ages 10, 11, 12, 13 & on. Its just disgusting.

----

I also agreed with her point about men needing to control themselves. Some of these dudes out here are really just...

Quote from: sumcatbroad on April 11, 2016, 11:12:14 PM
didn't read. But that's ridiculous. Wife beaters and basketball shorts distracted me in school. them niggas didn't stop wearing that shit, did they? If you're sexy, you gon get looked at, regardless of what you wear.

Exactly. Its really sad how people are going to be policed because these dudes can't control themselves

Kaeli.

April 11, 2016, 11:20:14 PM #6 Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:24:52 PM by Kaeli.

!

They should ban sweat pants too bc me & tha girls stay talking about the dick print LMAO!

Nyan Cat

sounds homaphobic to me sumhow...idk how jus YET

but im seein thru

Kaeli.

Quote from: sumcatbroad on April 11, 2016, 11:13:49 PM
All this stems from is the inherent need for men to direct women's lives and tell them what to do. suck my fckin dick with that shit

Wow, yea. I would just throw a fit if someone tried dictating what I do/don't wear

RAY7

I dont think we were allowed to wear wife-beaters in my school
at least not unless it was under another shirt

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Kaeli. on April 11, 2016, 11:20:14 PM

!

They should ban sweat pants too bc me & tha stay talking about the dick print LMAO!
ok, kale salad?! gimme some

:gotchafag:

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Yar backwards on April 11, 2016, 11:23:32 PM
nigga, you went to school wearin' a shell on ya back everyday
what you even know about this?

Nyan Cat

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg5rd

wtf is goin on

RAY7

Quote from: sumcatbroad on April 11, 2016, 11:24:58 PM
what does that have to do with clothes? Have you never seen the Franklin show?
we wear clothes bitch

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Yar backwards on April 11, 2016, 11:27:17 PM
Quote from: sumcatbroad on April 11, 2016, 11:24:58 PM
[youtube autoplay=1][/youtube]
heyyy, it's raymond