Brandy, Performing Live At Essence (Live on her IG)

Started by shaunlamont89, July 05, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrd0ndada

Quote from: BigDawg on July 05, 2019, 10:37:44 PM
Quote from: Jumpmaanjumpmaan on July 05, 2019, 10:31:27 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on July 05, 2019, 10:25:32 PM
Not too mention she's performed at Essence Fest a number of times already

She has a single out now. If u have a job and u keep calling out last min they won't need u anymore. Brandy is a legend I get that but she also has a job to do. I'm sure a contact was signed etc. I just want her to be that BIIIIIATCH again. I don't want her to have a reputation as a no show girl.
I completely understand, but I think that time has passed and not just because of the climate in music has changed but I don't think she wants to be that "It"  girl anymore and that's okay.

I think it's the opposite.  I think she's afraid of not being that "it" girl anymore
🙄

FRANCE

July 05, 2019, 10:40:05 PM #136 Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:41:02 PM by COIS
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:36:12 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:31:06 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 05, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:24:24 PM
It was my understanding that she was performing a few throwback hits from her first album to celebrate its 25th year (like Essence). So if that's the case, then it's not that big of a deal. Also, she was going to be first or second, and honestly, people don't show up to Essence til late :dead:
The crowd doesn't get packed until maybe an hour and a half after start time. She wasn't a main act. She will recover from this.
ohhh ok so not even a full set this time  :dead:

I'm fine then

Yeah, it's okay guys! I think a fan mentioned she's currently working on putting together a new set list. She can do a show then when we get something fresh!  :)

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

lord yall some forgiving ass people lol

sis still owes me for dc lol

Chhh its easier not to care. These things all happen for a reason. Im just gonna assume at this point that something happened on the business/money side and she took a stance not to show up.

and dc? lol  I like your optimism.  But what was the reasoning for that lol

She was ordered by a doctor not to sing, remember? Chh I was upset 20 minutes ago but who cares anymore. Sis was only gonna go up there and perform a medley of her 3 hits from the 1st album and her 2012 Nippy tribute.

KippDaddy

She has a single out now. If u have a job and u keep calling out last min they won't need u anymore. Brandy is a legend I get that but she also has a job to do. I'm sure a contact was signed etc. I just want her to be that BIIIIIATCH again. I don't want her to have a reputation as a no show girl.
I completely understand, but I think that time has passed and not just because of the climate in music has changed but I don't think she wants to be that "It"  girl anymore and that's okay.

which is fine! but then don't sign up for something.   
She has fans. I dont care if its 10 in the audience who may have NEVER seen her and who came there for her.   

How would sis feel if was 15 she went to go see whit and she canceled....   

I love the girl she need to drop the album for me be done with it lol

KippDaddy

July 05, 2019, 10:41:18 PM #138 Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:42:19 PM by KippDaddy
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:36:12 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:31:06 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 05, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:24:24 PM
It was my understanding that she was performing a few throwback hits from her first album to celebrate its 25th year (like Essence). So if that's the case, then it's not that big of a deal. Also, she was going to be first or second, and honestly, people don't show up to Essence til late :dead:
The crowd doesn't get packed until maybe an hour and a half after start time. She wasn't a main act. She will recover from this.
ohhh ok so not even a full set this time  :dead:

I'm fine then

Yeah, it's okay guys! I think a fan mentioned she's currently working on putting together a new set list. She can do a show then when we get something fresh!  :)

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

lord yall some forgiving ass people lol

sis still owes me for dc lol

Chhh its easier not to care. These things all happen for a reason. Im just gonna assume at this point that something happened on the business/money side and she took a stance not to show up.

and dc? lol  I like your optimism.  But what was the reasoning for that lol

She was ordered my a doctor not to sing, remember? Chh I was upset 20 minutes ago but who cares anymore. Sis was only gonna go up there and perform a medley of her 3 hits from the 1st album and her 2012 Nippy tribute.
:kii: :kii: :kii:
She was NOT going up there to do 3 songs lol.   where do u guys get yall info from lol

KippDaddy

OK im going back to Stranger Things. 

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on July 05, 2019, 10:39:59 PM

I think it's the opposite.  I think she's afraid of not being that "it" girl anymore

:plea: you are preaching!

BigDawg

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:40:17 PM

which is fine! but then don't sign up for something.   
She has fans. I dont care if its 10 in the audience who may have NEVER seen her and who came there for her.   

How would sis feel if was 15 she went to go see whit and she canceled....   

I love the girl she need to drop the album for me be done with it lol
Lol Kip her Dr. might have given her strict rules to avoid rooms with large crowds idk

But I feel you tho

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:41:38 PM

:wellheythere: Didn't know the new season was out.  :loose2when:

DrewBabyLove

KippDaddy

Quote from: mylogistics on July 05, 2019, 10:43:39 PM

yup Meet me at Netflix.   

they aint canceling

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

I'm no singer but who makes music and not want to WIN?  She may not want to be the it girl anymore but most of us here want her to be. All I'm saying is she can't keep reneging last min it's not okay for her BRAND.

Heated🔥

Good Morning Gorgeous

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:44:30 PM

yup Meet me at Netflix.   

they aint canceling

On my way...you want some jujubes and bonbons?

KippDaddy

Quote from: mylogistics on July 05, 2019, 10:47:06 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:44:30 PM

yup Meet me at Netflix.   

they aint canceling

On my way...you want some jujubes and bonbons?

I dont know what either of those things are ... but they sound like fun lol so sure lol

FRANCE

Oh yea. I need to get back into Stranger Things. Hoping we get to hear the Fanny, Jaz collab soon.