Brandy, Performing Live At Essence (Live on her IG)

Started by shaunlamont89, July 05, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMD

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 06, 2019, 02:25:37 AM
I just don't understand why she continues to accept these big gigs if she ain't ready to perform. It's unprofessional and tacky.

!!!!

Period.

TriBeCa

Glad I haven't purchased the single yet, even though intended to this week. Not gonna be supporting an artist that doesn't commit to her craft and being the "vessel" that she claims to be. Then for her to be constantly be covered in curtains like she's in a Muslim nation. Fuck that  :kii: I will stream though.

Gilgamesh.

July 06, 2019, 02:33:01 AM #242 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 02:47:34 AM by Gilgamesh.
Quote from: glock on July 06, 2019, 02:28:18 AM
Did she really just perform or u trolling?

I checked Twitter ad the latest tweets are about Missy. Apparently she slayed.

GLOCK

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 06, 2019, 02:33:01 AM
Quote from: glock on July 06, 2019, 02:28:18 AM
Did she really just perform or u trolling?

I checked Twiiter ad the latest tweets are about Missy. Apparently she slayed.
I did too.
I don't see a mention of brandy  :uhh:

Hugo really needs to chill in serious threads like this

Gilgamesh.

If she cancelled cause she was unprepared sis should have been at soundcheck. isn' that what t's for? And unless she completely revamped her set for Essence, I don't think that's a good enough reason tbh.

Brandy has got to get her shit together; as diverse as her talent is, at her core she's a 90's R&B singer....she can't afford to flake on Essence. Especially at the start of her era. Is she crazy? :plzstop:

#B7 here we fucking go :bvy:

Heated🔥

Heated🔥

Quote from: TriBeCa on July 06, 2019, 02:30:22 AM
Glad I haven't purchased the single yet, even though intended to this week. Not gonna be supporting an artist that doesn't commit to her craft and being the "vessel" that she claims to be. Then for her to be constantly be covered in curtains like she's in a Muslim nation. Fuck that  :kii: I will stream though.
oh wow.

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 06, 2019, 02:47:19 AM
If she cancelled cause she was unprepared sis should have been at soundcheck. isn' that what t's for? And unless she completely revamped her set for Essence, I don't think that's a good enough reason tbh.

Brandy has got to get her shit together; as diverse as her talent is, at her core she's a 90's R&B singer....she can't afford to flake on Essence. Especially at the start of her era. Is she crazy? :plzstop:

#B7 here we fucking go :bvy:

A Rollercoaster mess pet already

Afrodisiac15

Getting caught lip syncing at Jazz in Gardens has sis shook of big venues...

Admin

Noni

Guys be honest with me. How much replay value does love again have? In what mood are you playing it? When are you playing it? If it wasn't brandy on it would you even give it a second listen? It's a cute buzz but it coupled with this essence drama is just a bit dissapointing... 

Crossing my fingers for her solo material now. 

Cowgirl

Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:29:44 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:24:24 PM
It was my understanding that she was performing a few throwback hits from her first album to celebrate its 25th year (like Essence). So if that's the case, then it's not that big of a deal. Also, she was going to be first or second, and honestly, people don't show up to Essence til late :dead:
The crowd doesn't get packed until maybe an hour and a half after start time. She wasn't a main act. She will recover from this.

what was the line up sis?

7 p.m. Essence Welcome/Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle tribute with Ledisi, MC Lyte, Morris Day, Brandy, Doug E. Fresh and Sheila E

All of this was supposed to happen in an hour and 20 minutes lol
Fuck this show.

HUGO

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 06, 2019, 02:25:37 AM
I just don't understand why she continues to accept these big gigs if she ain't ready to perform. It's unprofessional and tacky.

But will be in an interview gassing the fuck out how "ready" she is or how "different" things feel. It's beyond frustrating. Just waiting for and explanation of her blaming someone else. She's a fucking child and at this point it's like grow the fuck up