Brandy, Performing Live At Essence (Live on her IG)

Started by shaunlamont89, July 05, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaeli.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 06, 2019, 02:25:37 AM
I just don't understand why she continues to accept these big gigs if she ain't ready to perform. It's unprofessional and tacky.
i have to agree

Like...at least address your mess

CHOKE

Blackpantha

Maybe something really happened. You guys can't just up and condem her like that. 
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

b7

Quote from: Noni on July 06, 2019, 04:15:27 AM
Guys be honest with me. How much replay value does love again have? In what mood are you playing it? When are you playing it? If it wasn't brandy on it would you even give it a second listen? It's a cute buzz but it coupled with this essence drama is just a bit dissapointing...

Crossing my fingers for her solo material now.
its not indicative of her solo material at all

b7

Quote from: BowDown on July 06, 2019, 04:57:39 AM
Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:29:44 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:24:24 PM
It was my understanding that she was performing a few throwback hits from her first album to celebrate its 25th year (like Essence). So if that's the case, then it's not that big of a deal. Also, she was going to be first or second, and honestly, people don't show up to Essence til late :dead:
The crowd doesn't get packed until maybe an hour and a half after start time. She wasn't a main act. She will recover from this.

what was the line up sis?

7 p.m. Essence Welcome/Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle tribute with Ledisi, MC Lyte, Morris Day, Brandy, Doug E. Fresh and Sheila E

All of this was supposed to happen in an hour and 20 minutes lol
Fuck this show.
not that entire lineup in 1 hour and 20

Oh girl. i wish she'd address the fans that went to see her specifically, but ... 

I Still wanna know if she's OK before saying much else

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Le Champ on July 05, 2019, 10:04:23 PM
Heard Silent is on the scene asking fans to share their favorite Brandy moment  :ohwow:

Shahajsjnansjansn

So is it true ?

Bish

Quote from: 1RIG on July 05, 2019, 11:27:26 PM
Interesting certain members only pop up for threads like this to fume and "vent" in

Ur slip is showing
Interesting Brandy has pulled this mess twice in 6 months. Blame the source, not the fans.

Would you like my ticket confirmation for the DC mess btw?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: 1RIG on July 05, 2019, 10:16:16 PM
Idk

my first reaction is to be upset, but i hope she's ok more than anything right now

Rig aren't you out there rn?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:31:06 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 05, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
It was my understanding that she was performing a few throwback hits from her first album to celebrate its 25th year (like Essence). So if that's the case, then it's not that big of a deal. Also, she was going to be first or second, and honestly, people don't show up to Essence til late :dead:
The crowd doesn't get packed until maybe an hour and a half after start time. She wasn't a main act. She will recover from this.
ohhh ok so not even a full set this time  :dead:

I'm fine then

Yeah, it's okay guys! I think a fan mentioned she's currently working on putting together a new set list. She can do a show then when we get something fresh!  :)

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

lord yall some forgiving ass people lol

sis still owes me for dc lol
Me too and I have NOT let the dc mess go.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:36:12 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:31:06 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 05, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
ohhh ok so not even a full set this time  :dead:

I'm fine then

Yeah, it's okay guys! I think a fan mentioned she's currently working on putting together a new set list. She can do a show then when we get something fresh!  :)

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

lord yall some forgiving ass people lol

sis still owes me for dc lol

Chhh its easier not to care. These things all happen for a reason. Im just gonna assume at this point that something happened on the business/money side and she took a stance not to show up.

and dc? lol  I like your optimism.  But what was the reasoning for that lol

She was ordered by a doctor not to sing, remember? Chh I was upset 20 minutes ago but who cares anymore. Sis was only gonna go up there and perform a medley of her 3 hits from the 1st album and her 2012 Nippy tribute.
That was a lie sis was on insta that same week singing around with the star cast

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:48:47 PM
Oh yea. I need to get back into Stranger Things. Hoping we get to hear the Fanny, Jaz collab soon.

I heard rumors that bran doesn't wanna shoot the video for it lolz

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Cheetah. on July 05, 2019, 10:49:29 PM
n

Y'all in here dragging without any facts. Her set was cut from the lineup due to timing. No fault of her own

Where you get that info from?

Buy The Stars✨

Also I wanna know how brandy can do a pop up planned performance of Whitney's greatest hits at world pride last weekend but not show up to essence fest ?? Wtfff

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: KippDaddy on July 05, 2019, 10:09:57 PM
i feel like im in the twilght zone. lol

People really justifying this madness lol.

Calling over people out for being disapointed that their fave has missed another opportunity.

i love the girl but is everyone forgetting DC?

I'm not. I think something very problematic is going on behind the scenes. Praying for Sy'ria.

Blackpantha

Quote from: Troye Stormborn on July 06, 2019, 06:49:55 AM
Quote from: COIS on July 05, 2019, 10:48:47 PM
Oh yea. I need to get back into Stranger Things. Hoping we get to hear the Fanny, Jaz collab soon.

I heard rumors that bran doesn't wanna shoot the video for it lolz

Please don't say that. I'm really starting to worry. I don't want her to turn into another Lauryn hill
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME