Brandy, Performing Live At Essence (Live on her IG)

Started by shaunlamont89, July 05, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camo

I always read that Musiq wasn't that good live then I saw him a few weeks ago with Brandy. I think it's stage fright because he should be slaying. He avoided every big note and coasted through. I wanna see him perform in an intimate setting.

Camo

But.... I really hope Brandy has switched her set if she's performing tonight. This is the third year she's performing at Essence Fest and possibly the second time doing the same set on the main stage  :uhh:

b7

Quote from: Camo on July 06, 2019, 06:43:55 PM
But.... I really hope Brandy has switched her set if she's performing tonight. This is the third year she's performing at Essence Fest and possibly the second time doing the same set on the main stage  :uhh:
I know smh

But, if it's specifically to celebrate her 25 years and debut, then i hope she does Brokenhearted

b7

July 06, 2019, 06:51:10 PM #528 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 06:51:33 PM by 1RIG
If/when she hits this stage tonight, i hope i see some of the same members that went to town on her ass in here before finding out they simply changed the schedule

I suspect we won't see em until it's time to fume again tho lol

Blackpantha

Quote from: Le Champ on July 06, 2019, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 06, 2019, 02:50:40 PM
I feel ...   rejuvenated and above it all. Rich and white, even.

:blessed:

glad i waited before lashing her like i did after the DC mess. Whew

Good BYE  :plzstop:

Not rich and white :kii:
PROUD AFROCARIBBEAN KING
I LOVE MY BIG LIPS
MY STRONG NOSE
I LOVE ALL OF ME

#Mu7

I'm glad I said nothing in this thread.
Brandy is back and slaying!!!
Continue Queen, dont take your foot off these peoples neck!

Cowgirl

Quote from: 1RIG on July 06, 2019, 06:51:10 PM
If/when she hits this stage tonight, i hope i see some of the same members that went to town on her ass in here before finding out they simply changed the schedule

I'd like that too.

yearofbrandy

Brandy has let us down time and time again! Brandy not showing is nothing new or her not keeping her word. I stand by everything I said. We don't got to praise her 24/7. We can call her out on her bullshit. I'm glad we was wrong but we all know how she is. 

Monika

:dead: :dead: :dead:
Yahudah

Sovereign.

July 06, 2019, 07:28:19 PM #534 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:28:42 PM by Neo.
It may be serendipity that she's not performing via main stage. We don't deserve mediocrity i.e. the same reductive setlist, the sashaying across stage with no dancers, the 2-piece band, etc.

Essence Festival is too big of an opportunity to give average showmanship that's been given to us for last 7 years. I say save the opportunity once you've revamped your setlist, hired an ensemble of dancers, BG singers, and nothing less than a 4-piece band to balance it all. She's needs a musical director and Chris Grant needs to act solely as Creative Director.

No more "almost" in 2019.

Buy The Stars✨

ill be here i am a fan.  i dont think i was too harsh.. i also feel like anyone who bought a ticket and got GOT by bran in dc or last night cause she was supposed to perform LAST NIGHT  has the right to feel some type of way. since there was no communication  IMO.  I been here through it all aint go nowheres lolz.  i do see your point in some ppl complaining who havent bought a single or album or taken the chance to see bran when she has been in NYC hundreds of times over the years... and you KNOW who you are lolz

b7

Quote from: yearofbrandy on July 06, 2019, 07:19:51 PM
Brandy not showing is nothing new
i understand the let downs over the years but to say she just doesn't show up to performances time and time again is FALSE  :dead:

She is not known for that at all, over the last 25 years

b7

Quote from: Neo. on July 06, 2019, 07:28:19 PM
It may be serendipity that she's not performing via main stage. We don't deserve mediocrity i.e. the same reductive setlist, the sashaying across stage with no dancers, the 2-piece band, etc.

Essence Festival is too big of an opportunity to give average showmanship that's been given to us for last 7 years. I say save the opportunity once you've revamped your setlist, hired an ensemble of dancers, BG singers, and nothing less than a 4-piece band to balance it all. She's needs a musical director and Chris Grant needs to act solely as Creative Director.

No more "almost" in 2019.
we don't know what she's giving but she is doing the mainstage lol

b7

BigDawg