Brandy, Performing Live At Essence (Live on her IG)

Started by shaunlamont89, July 05, 2019, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

You know

itd be cute if Mon tipped on stage to do TBIM with Ghan

b7

I've been to about 5-6 Brandy shoes and she was never even late, let alone not showing up.

She has her faults that we can all LIST, but a no show unprofessional performer ain't one of em.

I stand by THAT.

Mrd0ndada

I pray for a 2019 Broken-hearted moment with Wanya 
🙄

Le Champ

We will find out shortly if my friend got her info right

b7

July 06, 2019, 08:11:04 PM #545 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:11:25 PM by 1RIG
Quote from: MoonPrismPower on July 06, 2019, 08:01:16 PM
She performed?
in a different area (at Essence fest) she did!

Lee's tryna find out if she's performing tonight on the big stage as well

TriBeCa

Looks like she performed in a mini mall. WTF was that?  :uhh: And why tf doesn't this woman dress for the stage? Looking like it's dinner time on a cruise.

BigDawg

July 06, 2019, 08:23:52 PM #547 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:35:54 PM by 1RIG
Quote from: 1RIG on July 06, 2019, 07:40:33 PM
I've been to about 5-6 Brandy shows and she was never even late, let alone not showing up.

She has her faults that we can all LIST, but a no show unprofessional performer ain't one of em.

I stand by THAT.

Le Champ

Quote from: 1RIG on July 06, 2019, 08:11:04 PM
She performed?

I haven't heard an update. She specifically said "Brandy is tonight." When I asked her if she was on the main stage, she said "yes."

Now I don't think she would intentionally lie, but she may have gotten her info wrong. Brandy was on the "main stage" at the convention center...I don't see how they're gonna squeeze her in at the dome.

Bish

Quote from: yearofbrandy on July 06, 2019, 07:19:51 PM
Brandy has let us down time and time again! Brandy not showing is nothing new or her not keeping her word. I stand by everything I said. We don't got to praise her 24/7. We can call her out on her bullshit. I'm glad we was wrong but we all know how she is.

b7

Quote from: TriBeCa on July 06, 2019, 08:17:08 PM
Looks like she performed in a mini mall. WTF was that?  :uhh: And why tf doesn't this woman dress for the stage? Looking like it's dinner time on a cruise.
she did it last year and a lot of artists do that in NOLA at the essence fest

It's a big crowd

b7

Quote from: Le Champ on July 06, 2019, 08:24:59 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on July 06, 2019, 08:11:04 PM
She performed?

I haven't heard an update. She specifically said "Brandy is tonight." When I asked her if she was on the main stage, she said "yes."

Now I don't think she would intentionally lie, but she may have gotten her info wrong. Brandy was on the "main stage" at the convention center...I don't see how they're gonna squeeze her in at the dome.
that makes sense!

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

I just think post broadway her throak and confidence of her endurance ran a lil thin

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Sovereign.

Quote from: 4everMonk on July 06, 2019, 10:11:39 PM
Quote from: Neo. on July 06, 2019, 07:28:19 PM
It may be serendipity that she's not performing via main stage. We don't deserve mediocrity i.e. the same reductive setlist, the sashaying across stage with no dancers, the 2-piece band, etc.

Essence Festival is too big of an opportunity to give average showmanship that's been given to us for last 7 years. I say save the opportunity once you've revamped your setlist, hired an ensemble of dancers, BG singers, and nothing less than a 4-piece band to balance it all. She's needs a musical director and Chris Grant needs to act solely as Creative Director.

No more "almost" in 2019.

what's reductive is your blatant show of entitlement, acting like a pompous dumb white bitch—the ones that believe the whole world is there to entertain them and their friends Susan and Christie.

I don't believe brandy needs to prove her artistry with theatrics, but more importantly she doesn't she need to cater to the likes of you. In fact, no black artist should feel the need to reduce themselves to a dolled up slave for those needing to be amused and entertained.

Some of you need a damn reality check running around here all fragile and hurt like they and their damn yelp review is the center of the fuckin world.

b