Joseline says she is BLACK

Started by SouravMay, August 17, 2017, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

I feel like colorism is working both ways in this thread.  Joseline is not being allowed to say "nappy headed hoes" or do all the things other black/self identified black women do, because she has lighter skin?  Calling a bitch nappy headed is more cultural than anything.  Joseline reads bitches the same way K. Michelle, Dime & most black women read when they're in battle.  I've seen dark and light skin women call bitches "nappy headed". 

It's not like any of these women are rocking natural free flowing hair down their backs, anyway.  Joseline included.  I just really feel it's always an issue when lighter skin women make comments.  And that's just as colorist as what they're being accused of.  Either it's always problematic or it's not.  We can't pick and choose based on skin tone and features.

I saw in the other thread it being said that "Joseline "doesn't look black", but all these bitches look exotic after they play in surgery. 

Joseline look like every other "bald head" "nappy head" girl in this photo, though.

RAY7

Honestly I don't mind nappy headed as an insult
Lord knows I have said it and heard it many times
but it says a lot that she's saying this while clearly seeing herself as different
Most black women wouldn't compare themselves to J Lo
and no way was it just a coincidence
What point would she have anyway? J Lo, Angie and K Michelle
all have accomplished way more than she ever will
the closest Puerto Rican rapper to her in reality is Angie Martinez
she is not a superstar like J Lo

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

XXX.

Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 03:53:26 PM
but it says a lot that she's saying this while clearly seeing herself as different

She calls herself "The Puerto Rican" princess.  I think it was just a play on words that ya'll are taking way too literal.

Because honestly, if she chose Beyonce, I am fairly certain this argument would still be happening.  Because Beyonce gets accused of the same colorism mess, because she "doesn't look black".

Which leads me back to my point.  This uproar only happens when light skin women drag.  And it's just as colorist as what they're being accused of.

RAY7

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 03:57:47 PM

She calls herself "The Puerto Rican" princess.  I think it was just a play on words that ya'll are taking way too literal.

Because honestly, if she chose Beyonce, I am fairly certain this argument would still be happening.  Because Beyonce gets accused of the same colorism mess, because she "doesn't look black".

Which leads me back to my point.  This uproar only happens when light skin women drag.  And it's just as colorist as what they're being accused of.
nah because K Michelle has nothing in common to Angie Stone
she could've gave her Shareefa or any other soulful R&B flop that's actually similar
and the fact that she meant it as an insult
The only things that the 4 women have in common is 2 are Black singers
and 2 are Hispanic and she's placing the Hispanic girls above the black ones

XXX.

Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:03:06 PM

she could've gave her Shareefa or any other soulful R&B flop that's actually similar

Again, you're thinking too deep into it.  She thought of the first washed up soul singer that came to her mind.

GRAND

August 17, 2017, 04:07:26 PM #114 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:07:36 PM by LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2017, 03:38:25 PM
Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on August 17, 2017, 03:34:54 PM
Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 17, 2017, 02:03:10 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 17, 2017, 02:02:20 PM
But who didn't think that she recognized as black? All of this goofy shit people say on here is beyond me :dead:

Herbert
CcCCCVCCCXCCV

Let me read this thread
sdddddsddsdssdssdsddddssz
Malcolm is such a messy bitch  :dead:
im looking for the post where he finally admits to hating ken

RAY7

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:05:46 PM

Again, you're thinking too deep into it.  She thought of the first washed up soul singer that came to her mind.
or maybe you're not thinking deeply enough
are you a fan or something? IDK
and I mean this "washed up soul singer" has accomplished way more than SHE even has

let's be 100
she chose the big black out of shape black woman as an insult because she sees her as inferior physically to the her and her fellow Hispanic female superstar

yummy

XXX.

Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:10:29 PM

and I mean this "washed up soul singer" has accomplished way more than SHE even has

let's be 100
she chose the big black out of shape black woman as an insult because she sees her as inferior physically to the her and her fellow Hispanic female superstar

What does me being a fan or not being a fan have to do with anything?  Are you scrambling, because I'm breaking your baseless argument down?  You are ASSuming that she compared K. Michelle to Angie Stone, because YOU find Angie Stone to be ugly, dark and have African features. 

Don't put that on Joseline.  Because you literally just said a post ago that you call black people nappy headed too.

What else is going?

RAY7

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:13:33 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:10:29 PM

let's be 100

What does me being a fan or not being a fan have to do with anything?  Are you scrambling, because I'm breaking your baseless argument down?  You are ASSuming that she compared K. Michelle to Angie Stone, because YOU find Angie Stone to be ugly, dark and have African features. 

Don't put that on Joseline.  Because you literally just said a post ago that you call black people nappy headed too.

What else is going?
maybe you're just writing it off because you like her
and I didn't call Angie ugly, dark or any of the sort
:plzstop:
You ok?
and you're not breaking the argument down by the way

BAPHOMET.

August 17, 2017, 04:20:14 PM #119 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:20:39 PM by Baph al Mana.
SLKJHDGJHJHJHJHJHJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGJHGGG

ion think he said YOU SAID those things.  :guys: but carry on.
you missed the point.