Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:13:33 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:10:29 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:05:46 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:03:06 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 03:57:47 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 03:53:26 PM
Honestly I don't mind nappy headed as an insult
Lord knows I have said it and heard it many times
but it says a lot that she's saying this while clearly seeing herself as different
Most black women wouldn't compare themselves to J Lo
and no way was it just a coincidence
What point would she have anyway? J Lo, Angie and K Michelle
all have accomplished way more than she ever will
the closest Puerto Rican rapper to her in reality is Angie Martinez
she is not a superstar like J Lo

She calls herself "The Puerto Rican" princess.  I think it was just a play on words that ya'll are taking way too literal.

Because honestly, if she chose Beyonce, I am fairly certain this argument would still be happening.  Because Beyonce gets accused of the same colorism mess, because she "doesn't look black".

Which leads me back to my point.  This uproar only happens when light skin women drag.  And it's just as colorist as what they're being accused of.
nah because K Michelle has nothing in common to Angie Stone
she could've gave her Shareefa or any other soulful R&B flop that's actually similar
and the fact that she meant it as an insult
The only things that the 4 women have in common is 2 are Black singers
and 2 are Hispanic and she's placing the Hispanic girls above the black ones

Again, you're thinking too deep into it.  She thought of the first washed up soul singer that came to her mind.
or maybe you're not thinking deeply enough
are you a fan or something? IDK
and I mean this "washed up soul singer" has accomplished way more than SHE even has

let's be 100
she chose the big black out of shape black woman as an insult because she sees her as inferior physically to the her and her fellow Hispanic female superstar

What does me being a fan or not being a fan have to do with anything?  Are you scrambling, because I'm breaking your baseless argument down?  You are ASSuming that she compared K. Michelle to Angie Stone, because YOU find Angie Stone to be ugly, dark and have African features. 

Don't put that on Joseline.  Because you literally just said a post ago that you call black people nappy headed too.

What else is going?
maybe you're just writing it off because you like her
and I didn't call Angie ugly, dark or any of the sort
:plzstop:
You ok?
and you're not breaking the argument down by the way

Not a Joseline fan at all.  The real question is are YOU ok?

Everything you have said in this thread is 100% baseless, and because you've shared your own experience calling black people "nappy headed", it now makes it hypocritical.  Funny how you can  freely use certain things as insults, but when Joseline does it, it's because "she sees herself as more attractive than Non Hispanic Black people". Why?  Oh, I know! Because "YOU" don't see her as black.  A thread ago, it was being argued she doesn't even think she's black.  Now, when she says it out of her mouth that she is Puerto Rican but identifies as a Black woman, the argument is shifting.

So, when you use these insults, is it a reflection of how you feel in relation to black people or your own nappy hair as well?  Or do you get a pass for some reason?

Unless you can provide receipts proving your claims, then you are talking out of your ass as usual.  Because I can provide receipts of Joseline tearing down White, Black, Asian, Latin, Light & Dark women.  Which proves to me she is an equal opportunist when it comes to reading her opponents.
see, you're kinda illogical here
I have no problem with the nappy insults so there's no hypocrisy here
you might as well cut all that out of your argument
and yea I don't see her as BLACK, and she doesn't see herself as Black either really
she's not calling herself the BLACK princess is she? She's not comparing herself with Black singers is she? no she is not
So my observation is not baseless because the bottom line is
she used the comparison as an INSULT so clearly there is something or THINGS that K Michelle has in common with Angie Stone that Joseline doesn't like or feels is negative
and the only thing that they have in common is that they are Black singers and female
so yea I'm pretty much on course here

I find it comical that you clearly don't know the difference between race and ethnicity.

No wonder you're in here arguing that she doesn't see herself as black, because she's saying she's Puerto Rican.

God bless. 💔
you don't know how to read between the lines.
I clearly have stated that she sees herself as more attractive than Black women who aren't Hispanic

don't see how that's so hard to grasp
but yea Good Tidings 🙏🏾

Ray, I had to clock out when you said this:

"and yea I don't see her as BLACK, and she doesn't see herself as Black either really
she's not calling herself the BLACK princess is she?"

And that might literally be the dumbest thing posted in this thread.

I know when to walk away.

Praying, though! Everyday!
it just was too complex I'm sure
Happy Thursday!
👋🏿

Vonc2002

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:28:03 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
but it says a lot that she's saying this while clearly seeing herself as different

She calls herself "The Puerto Rican" princess.  I think it was just a play on words that ya'll are taking way too literal.

Because honestly, if she chose Beyonce, I am fairly certain this argument would still be happening.  Because Beyonce gets accused of the same colorism mess, because she "doesn't look black".

Which leads me back to my point.  This uproar only happens when light skin women drag.  And it's just as colorist as what they're being accused of.
she could've gave her Shareefa or any other soulful R&B flop that's actually similar

Again, you're thinking too deep into it.  She thought of the first washed up soul singer that came to her mind.
and I mean this "washed up soul singer" has accomplished way more than SHE even has

let's be 100
she chose the big black out of shape black woman as an insult because she sees her as inferior physically to the her and her fellow Hispanic female superstar

What does me being a fan or not being a fan have to do with anything?  Are you scrambling, because I'm breaking your baseless argument down?  You are ASSuming that she compared K. Michelle to Angie Stone, because YOU find Angie Stone to be ugly, dark and have African features. 

Don't put that on Joseline.  Because you literally just said a post ago that you call black people nappy headed too.

What else is going?
You ok?

Everything you have said in this thread is 100% baseless, and because you've shared your own experience calling black people "nappy headed", it now makes it hypocritical.  Funny how you can  freely use certain things as insults, but when Joseline does it, it's because "she sees herself as more attractive than Non Hispanic Black people". Why?  Oh, I know! Because "YOU" don't see her as black.  A thread ago, it was being argued she doesn't even think she's black.  Now, when she says it out of her mouth that she is Puerto Rican but identifies as a Black woman, the argument is shifting.

So, when you use these insults, is it a reflection of how you feel in relation to black people or your own nappy hair as well?  Or do you get a pass for some reason?

Unless you can provide receipts proving your claims, then you are talking out of your ass as usual.  Because I can provide receipts of Joseline tearing down White, Black, Asian, Latin, Light & Dark women.  Which proves to me she is an equal opportunist when it comes to reading her opponents.
Now THIS is a fckn thorough ass booking :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: Esaugetu Emissee on August 17, 2017, 04:54:06 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: Esaugetu Emissee on August 17, 2017, 04:46:01 PM
I think ya'll just gonna have to agree to disagree. Both interpretations are valid.

It's not always about someone's skin tone - receipts of Cardi B calling someone a "burnt roach" surfaced and I was like, "oh, girls in the Bronx say dumb mess like that all the time." I didn't even bother. Just because she is of a lighter complexion doesn't mean she's automatically colorist or racist.

But I remember there being a couple of people who were like wait :guys: Including whoever made the thread.

It's all about how it is interpreted and how much you know about the person. I know how girls get down in the Bronx so I can easily give Cardi a pass.

And many times, people use geographic locations to describe their ETHNIC heritage or BLOODline. Like, someone saying "I am mixed with Panamanian". Technically - it's wrong because Panama has many races of people, so saying that you're mixed with Panamanian isn't saying you're mixed with another race of people. But we all know people still use it in that context.

So, it's perfectly logical for anyone to assume that someone consistently claiming that they're Puerto Rican may actually be referring to their bloodline as opposed to where they were actually born. Or, a combination of both.

Hope that makes sense.

I think this is a fair assessment.  I really wanted to dig in your wig, because I love a good debate.  But something  you said in the other thread really stuck with me.  And I couldn't argue it.  I do think Joseline sees herself as black, but I do think she also likes to flex her privilege at times for the kiki.

My only issue is Ray's argument has turned very hypocritical and assumptive.
Thank you.

That is EXACTLY how I feel about Joseline. Perfect. Love you
so we agree then
Glad to hear

Vonc2002

Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:42:58 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 17, 2017, 04:28:03 PM
Quote from: AYR on August 17, 2017, 04:18:36 PM

let's be 100

What else is going?
You ok?

see, you're kinda illogical here
I have no problem with the nappy insults so there's no hypocrisy here
you might as well cut all that out of your argument
and yea I don't see her as BLACK, and she doesn't see herself as Black either really
she's not calling herself the BLACK princess is she? She's not comparing herself with Black singers is she? no she is not
So my observation is not baseless because the bottom line is
she used the comparison as an INSULT so clearly there is something or THINGS that K Michelle has in common with Angie Stone that Joseline doesn't like or feels is negative
and the only thing that they have in common is that they are Black singers and female
so yea I'm pretty much on course here

I find it comical that you clearly don't know the difference between race and ethnicity.

No wonder you're in here arguing that she doesn't see herself as black, because she's saying she's Puerto Rican.

God bless. 💔
Im fckn SHAKING! Like, WHAT :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

!!!!

It's so clear
B7

Vonc2002

Kurama

RAY7

I have never
this man really is quoting anything that disagrees with me in any thread

SouravMay

I think ya'll just gonna have to agree to disagree. Both interpretations are valid.

It's not always about someone's skin tone - receipts of Cardi B calling someone a "burnt roach" surfaced and I was like, "oh, girls in the Bronx say dumb mess like that all the time." I didn't even bother. Just because she is of a lighter complexion doesn't mean she's automatically colorist or racist.

But I remember there being a couple of people who were like wait :guys: Including whoever made the thread.

It's all about how it is interpreted and how much you know about the person. I know how girls get down in the Bronx so I can easily give Cardi a pass.

And many times, people use geographic locations to describe their ETHNIC heritage or BLOODline. Like, someone saying "I am mixed with Panamanian". Technically - it's wrong because Panama has many races of people, so saying that you're mixed with Panamanian isn't saying you're mixed with another race of people. But we all know people still use it in that context.

So, it's perfectly logical for anyone to assume that someone consistently claiming that they're Puerto Rican/SPANISH may actually be referring to their bloodline as opposed to where they were actually born. Or, a combination of both.

Hope that makes sense.

That point is NULL and VOID because in the video I presented she repeatedly calls herself a BLACK Puerto Rican, so she is very well aware that nationality and race are seperate things. She isn't using the Puerto Rican thing like your Panama example. Jason Lee explicitly asked her if she was mixed PR with black and Joseline said no she is BLACK and she is 100% PUERTO Rican.

Before you make such long winded statements, do your homework and check the receipts.
B7

RAY7

Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 17, 2017, 05:06:20 PM

!!!!

It's so clear
its really not though,  :plzstop:

SouravMay

Joseline used Angie Stone and Jennifer Lopez because they are both 50 years old. One is a local R&B forgotten fat flop from the USA and the other is a Puerto Rican beautiful global megastar.

That was her message. Nothing to do with she is prettier or better because her blood is European.

Like how can you not see this.
B7

SouravMay

lol you posted 14 pages up and THROUGH my thread and said you were done half a dozen time within the last two or so hours.

GOOD RIDDANCE, and bon appetit!

B7

Vonc2002

August 17, 2017, 05:17:54 PM #164 Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:19:37 PM by Vonc2002
Quote from: Enter My World (2006) on August 17, 2017, 05:11:34 PM

So, it's perfectly logical for anyone to assume that someone consistently claiming that they're Puerto Rican/SPANISH may actually be referring to their bloodline as opposed to where they were actually born. Or, a combination of both.

Hope that makes sense.

That point is NULL and VOID because in the video I presented she repeatedly calls herself a BLACK Puerto Rican, so she is very well aware that nationality and race are seperate things. She isn't using the Puerto Rican thing like your Panama example. Jason Lee explicitly asked her if she was mixed PR with black and Joseline said no she is BLACK and she is 100% PUERTO Rican.

Before you make such long winded statements, do your homework and check the receipts.
Malcolm, sometimes i wish u had a different personality because u are clearly very smart. It would be easier to applaud for u when u rag tag this way