Brandy quietly at work on her album the last two weeks

Started by RekeRig, October 23, 2015, 12:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJK

@Kennysgotsoul is dope! Love him... All his music is definitely influenced by Bran and James Fauntleroy.

Hugo

Quote from: MJK on October 23, 2015, 09:17:44 AM
@Kennysgotsoul is dope! Love him... All his music is definitely influenced by Bran and James Fauntleroy.

Oh wait...the instrumental and 808 in the beginning is very "Scared of Beautiful". I can def hear the Bran and James influence

Bentley!

Wtv

Quote from: FOHWTBS on October 23, 2015, 08:37:17 AM
With all the archive of music she has it shouldn't be this hard to just throw together a short and simple EP and release it independent

it shouldnt be hard.... but for... reasons, it is, lol.

The problem with Bran is that when you take two full years to get an album ready, you go through many different experiences, emotions, moods... so the thing is when you started thinking about the album you had one concept in mind, one mood/sound... but 1 year later you're in a totally DIFFERENT place, so... those early sessions obviously dont match with your current state, so..... HOW on earth do you expect to have a cohesive album with this time frame approach?  :dead:

It just doenst make any sense, creatively wise. You either have a clear concept and go with it during 3-5 months, or you just are wasting your time during 2 years doing many different sessions, type of songs that will go nowhere.

And this basically IS her problem, music career wise. 
:omgwatshappening:

MypuzzystanK

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 23, 2015, 09:14:21 AM
Quote from: ........ on October 23, 2015, 09:01:34 AM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 23, 2015, 08:49:22 AM
With all the archive of music she has it shouldn't be this hard to just throw together a short and simple EP and release it independent

Do yall want a short, simple, thrown together EP?

I dont think those adjectives and Brandy really go together.

The EP SHOULD reflect the place she's in. At least thats what I want. This project should be a indication to what this album will be. And it should have some type of roll out. Not just flung to Itunes to feed a few hungry fans.

why though? Why waste time and money on a "big rollout"? and why not just throw out music for your hungry fans? Clearly this 4 years each album thing hasn't been working for her career, it's time to try something different. WE are tired of waiting forever when the girl is known for being quick in the studio. The girl is a ridiculously talented artist so I'm sure whatever she puts out isn't going to be terrible. Her unreleased catalogue shits on most ppls official albums. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I didnt say a big roll out but there should be some press around it (possibly around Zoe Moon interiews/ 2 birds 1 stone)

Artist aren't selling in general, its not a Brandy thing. It has nothing to do with breaks at this point. Like nothing! Maybe during Afro but not in 2015. Brandy isnt absent and the general public doesnt feel she is. Though you guys dont care the average R&B listener knows she just got off Broadway and they are soon going to see commercials for her new sitcom. They know about her duet with Chris and they'll soon hear the one with Ty.

Brandy success or lack there of doesnt depend on this EP. Maybe a few stan cards will be lost but its not career suicide like some are making it seem.

You are the one person that can create a damn paragraph And knowing what the fuck you're talking about!!!!

she needs you on ha team tbqfh
agreed with everything you said

these girls dont think
ghan could have easily bowed out after 211 tanked cause motherfuckers who so loves ha aint buy a damn thang
but sis still kicking and they still complaining

i can wait.

Genesis

Quote from: Zankou. on October 23, 2015, 08:34:02 AM
Quote from: RIG on October 23, 2015, 01:35:33 AM
Quote from: Genesis on October 23, 2015, 01:26:22 AM
Its been almost 4 years since 211

Another 4 year break

Shes a fucking mess
its just now gotten to the 3 year mark lol

The girl is dumb lol
Clearly i said "almost"

Is 3 not close to 4?

Are you fucking stupid bitch

You stan for monica so I guess fucking so.

Miranda

you have to calculate that there is no info/record deal/announcement in sight, which already lets us know the album will not come out in the next 4-6 months, otherwise we would have indicators. so almost 4 years is perfectly fine.

MAY

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on October 23, 2015, 08:49:22 AM

Do yall want a short, simple, thrown together EP?

I dont think those adjectives and Brandy really go together.

The EP SHOULD reflect the place she's in. At least thats what I want. This project should be a indication to what this album will be. And it should have some type of roll out. Not just flung to Itunes to feed a few hungry fans.

The only thing I agree with is Brandy should communicate changes in her intention. But as far as throwing together music and releasing stuff that doesnt reflect her at the current time I dont agree with.

I don't agree with this. The EP should allow her more artistic freedom.

A chance to go left a bit more and try out new sounds to gauge
the reaction from her audience.

MAY

Quote from: Tijobr on October 23, 2015, 09:44:09 AM

it shouldnt be hard.... but for... reasons, it is, lol.

The problem with Bran is that when you take two full years to get an album ready, you go through many different experiences, emotions, moods... so the thing is when you started thinking about the album you had one concept in mind, one mood/sound... but 1 year later you're in a totally DIFFERENT place, so... those early sessions obviously dont match with your current state, so..... HOW on earth do you expect to have a cohesive album with this time frame approach?  :dead:

It just doenst make any sense, creatively wise. You either have a clear concept and go with it during 3-5 months, or you just are wasting your time during 2 years doing many different sessions, type of songs that will go nowhere.

And this basically IS her problem, music career wise. 
:omgwatshappening:

EXACTLY!

OhHey

Lazarus

An EP is just short and simple and to the point. I'm sure Brandy can deep dig into her archive of music and put together a cohesive body of work. If necessary re-record her vocals to polish the finish product.

Wtv

So with that into account, what could be a easy solution to that?....
Mm....

Well, to release one album by year with the mood she's in at the moment. Fixed!!  :kii:

Genesis

October 23, 2015, 01:34:11 PM #103 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:36:05 PM by Genesis
Quote from: Glock on October 23, 2015, 01:22:02 PM
Some girls just need to be permabanned
Yall tried that and mod titles were snatched accordingly
:cheerup:

Some girls need to man the fuck up amd stop crying to mods when they get dragged.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw