Favorite Christmas with Brandy track (it’s out now)

Started by Killa Kipp, November 10, 2023, 12:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afrodisiac15

November 29, 2023, 08:15:23 PM #720 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:16:03 PM by Afrodisiac15
The team really isn't the issue, It's the fans not buying when she drops that I'm sure changes all the plans.

NEW MOON

People can't buy stuff if they don't know it's out. Her core fanbase supports her, but Brandy has lost the trust of her fanbase over the years. So when she does release something people are skeptical. For a variety of reasons.

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

November 29, 2023, 08:18:27 PM #722 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:19:46 PM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on November 29, 2023, 08:10:04 PM:plzstop:  :kii:  :dead:

SAME OLD SONG! KEEP ON SINGING THAT TUNE YALL. :roflmao:
I know it has become redundant.  But it's good some of us are still this passionate about her. If the entire board gave an "N" tea Ms. Brandy would have a major problem on her hands.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Summertime

November 29, 2023, 09:02:37 PM #724 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:03:53 PM by Summertime
Quote from: NEW MOON on November 29, 2023, 07:58:04 PMBrandy's not gonna change her approach unless an act of divine intervention.

I used to think it was solely industry politics. Little did I know a FAN had been her publicist for the last decade and she refuses to let go of Frank Gatson and somehow found a mid-level videographer for Frank to partner with. She's comfortable where she's at.

I just can't stand the half foot in and half foot out stuff. What is the point of doing a 90 second performance in New York City if you're not gonna maximize other promotional platforms. That's just a waste of time and money. Promotion is only effective if you are consistent and people see you daily.

I think 3 print interviews quarterly (1 or 2 for US publications & 1 or 2 for international publications) would be beneficial to her as well. Interviews don't always have to be scheduled to promote a project. She can simply just chat which would be a way to keep her face out there.
Brandy has been losing people for years with this communications and overall teams problem and not building on opportunities. Even now you can look at several comments on many of the fan pages pissed off at her for this fumbled album promo run.

Hopefully a non-yes person tells her how bad it looks when she and her team pull this same stuff next year. I've never seen an actor's team on her level struggle with putting together a promo run. Ryan must not have meetings with her team and let them do whatever.

NEW MOON

November 29, 2023, 09:06:05 PM #725 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:06:48 PM by NEW MOON
Quote from: Summertime on November 29, 2023, 09:02:37 PM
Quote from: NEW MOON on November 29, 2023, 07:58:04 PMBrandy's not gonna change her approach unless an act of divine intervention.

I used to think it was solely industry politics. Little did I know a FAN had been her publicist for the last decade and she refuses to let go of Frank Gatson and somehow found a mid-level videographer for Frank to partner with. She's comfortable where she's at.

I just can't stand the half foot in and half foot out stuff. What is the point of doing a 90 second performance in New York City if you're not gonna maximize other promotional platforms. That's just a waste of time and money. Promotion is only effective if you are consistent and people see you daily.

I think 3 print interviews quarterly (1 or 2 for US publications & 1 or 2 for international publications) would be beneficial to her as well. Interviews don't always have to be scheduled to promote a project. She can simply just chat which would be a way to keep her face out there.
Brandy has been losing people for years with this communications and overall teams problem and not building on opportunities. Even now you can look at several comments on many of the fan pages pissed off at her for this fumbled album promo run.

Hopefully a non-yes person tells her how bad it looks when she and her team pull this same stuff next year. I've never seen an actor's team on her level struggle with putting together a promo run. Ryan must not have meetings with her team and let them do whatever.

I think Brandy expects the Label to do these things for her, but I don't think labels run their A&R like they used to. They will back you up if your team secures the gig or promotional opportunity first.

That Netflix promo run was piss poor. One syndicated tv interview and two zoom calls.

Afrodisiac15

November 29, 2023, 09:27:44 PM #726 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:30:29 PM by Afrodisiac15
There was definitively  an online buzz about the Christmas album and Brandy posted. They took a chance releasing it two weeks after it being announced and with no visual. Either way her core fans didn't support album didn't even chart which is beyond crazy. No support, No Brandy.

Purple Moon

Quote from: NEW MOON on November 29, 2023, 09:06:05 PM

I think Brandy expects the Label to do these things for her, but I don't think labels run their A&R like they used to. They will back you up if your team secures the gig or promotional opportunity first.

That Netflix promo run was piss poor. One syndicated tv interview and two zoom calls.
which one was the tv interview?
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

RAY7

Yall really turned this thread into a complaining session
Anyway can't wait to see her on GMA
Praying for her mic to be on

NEW MOON

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on November 29, 2023, 09:29:29 PM

Access Hollywood. That still airs on TV right? or is it just online now?

Harlem

November 29, 2023, 09:52:56 PM #731 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:57:33 PM by Harlem
Quote from: Afrodisiac15 on November 29, 2023, 09:27:44 PMThere was definitively  an online buzz about the Christmas album and Brandy posted. They took a chance releasing it two weeks after it being announced and with no visual. Either way her core fans didn't support album didn't even chart which is beyond crazy. No support, No Brandy.

There was no major support b/c she didn't create buzz. Sis ain't even post on her IG day of release outside of a simple IG story. That album release week should've had live performances, interviews, social content with photoshoots, and a music video lined up

If she's gonna give lackluster effort, she's gonna get lackluster results

Summertime

November 29, 2023, 09:54:37 PM #732 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:55:42 PM by Summertime

Her team is too experienced and lazy to not know that they are supposed to schedule additional promo for her. A label and studio always will do the bare bones, while the entertainer's team is supposed to want to promote their client more.

Harlem

November 29, 2023, 09:59:31 PM #733 Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 10:00:34 PM by Harlem
Also, if her team wanted to do the bare minimum with more impact she was better off releasing the album the same weekend as the movie release

she could've benefited off of the Christmas movie hype as well and had a Brandy takeover weekend

Demetri Lipa 🤴🏾

Quote from: NEW MOON on November 29, 2023, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on November 29, 2023, 09:29:29 PM

Access Hollywood. That still airs on TV right? or is it just online now?
Yes.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius