DJ Camper is changing Bran

Started by BranNu, December 15, 2020, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Luxury on December 16, 2020, 10:58:31 AM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 16, 2020, 09:39:06 AM
To attack Brandy as a vocalist is just stupid!

Borderline ALONE had the girls studying and dissecting for dear life. If your ears are over it...that's fine. But to continuously try to downplay her ability and influence (with her current work) is just stupid. Because the evidence is there and this particular album for Brandy has done more than her last few.
When did this happen hun :everythingok:

Dddd these sensitive ass people. No one has ever said that on here  :dead:

Luxury

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 10:42:57 AM
Quote from: Mack on December 16, 2020, 10:26:13 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on December 16, 2020, 08:02:32 AM
Quote from: REALucid on December 16, 2020, 07:48:25 AM
Love the album. Still play it regularly.

I never want another 2/11.

!!!!

THIS.

Two Eleven and Human were really just lil compilations and no albums.

Ummm b7 is only decent through the first 7 or so songs. It feels like an EP where they ran out of songs that fit the theme and the back half was tacked on for length. If any of her mess gives compilation teas it's b7
:plzstop:
:letsmessfag:

Young

December 16, 2020, 11:15:48 AM #92 Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 12:54:50 PM by Young
Brandy's VOICE is a sound in and of itself ; first of all .
And so is her style of singing .

I definitely think Camper's style of production allowed for Bran to vocally be free and create the melodies and harmonies she loves to make.

No matter the producer, Brandy brings BRANDY to a record tho.

We can all have our preferences about which album is better; but the fascinating part about Bran is her music and albums resonate differently with different people. I appreciate how she's able to reinvent herself in new ways with each producer she gets with.

This album is clearly more intimate and subdued for the most part as far as production. But that's one of the beautiful things about B7!  It's intimate , it's Brandy's voice , and it's Bran at her most vulnerable. I love it !

But I would definitely appreciate a different sound next era. Maybe a song or two by Camper.

Harlem

December 16, 2020, 11:34:03 AM #93 Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:36:01 AM by Harlem
Brandy's adult dream team is Timbaland, James Fauntleroy & Candice Nelson. She just needs to lock them in a studio and create what we all been waiting for, for fuckin years!

Dead Frank Gatson, book Jaquel or Fatima Robinson, book some nice videographers and give us something dope!

In the meantime, she just need to release Rather Be & Say Something and keep it pushing

Annie

Where is Lew? I need his predictions on the next release date. Last time he said something like it will take ten years and it happened. 

/.\

bby ddy

Quote from: Young on December 16, 2020, 11:15:48 AM

I definitely think Camper's style of production allowed for Bran to vocally be free and create the melodies and harmonies she loves to make.

We can all have our preferences about which album is better; but the fascinating part about Bran is her music and albums resonate differently with different people. I appreciate how she's able to reinvent herself in new ways with each producer she gets with.

This album is clearly more intimate and subdued for the most part as far as production. But that's the beautiful of B7 . It's intimate , it's Brandy's voice , it's vulnerable, and it's Bran at her most vulnerable state. I love it !

But I would definitely appreciate a different sound next era. Maybe a song or two by Camper.

This.

The girls are crazy to believe this isn't Brandy's doing. This is her first indie record. She's the captain. If she was easily persuaded, she woulda released an album back in 2014/2015 when Jeff was managing her.

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: bby ddy on December 16, 2020, 12:24:47 PM

This album is clearly more intimate and subdued for the most part as far as production. But that's the beautiful of B7 . It's intimate , it's Brandy's voice , it's vulnerable, and it's Bran at her most vulnerable state. I love it !

This.

The girls are crazy to believe this isn't Brandy's doing. This is her first indie record. She's the captain. If she was easily persuaded, she woulda released an album back in 2014/2015 when Jeff was managing her.
Ugh what happened with her and Jeff?? She was right there in the midst of him preparing HER for her big rise to stardom and promised she was gonna be at them Grammys and top of the charts and a couple of years later she took off. I thought it was gonna be HER as the breakout star and Brandy on her comeback/iconic game but then the relationship went left.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

RAY7

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on December 16, 2020, 12:50:08 PM
Quote from: bby ddy on December 16, 2020, 12:24:47 PM

This.

Ugh what happened with her and Jeff?? She was right there in the midst of him preparing HER for her big rise to stardom and promised she was gonna be at them Grammys and top of the charts and a couple of years later she took off. I thought it was gonna be HER as the breakout star and Brandy on her comeback/iconic game but then the relationship went left.
I think Jeff stepped back when Bran was having the legal issues with Breyon and Chameleon ent
they were tryna force Bran into a bad deal and Jeff didnt want any parts of it

Le Champ

I agree that the latter half of the album (after Say Something) isn't as strong as the first, but it's still solid IMO. I don't use I Am More, but I like everything else. Love Again may have felt more iconic if we hadn't had it a year before the album came out lol

Bigmacthawoppa

I don't think she likes being pushed unless it's someone she's very comfortable/close with like LaShawn. Getting with Camper satisfied her need to be surrounded by people who won't question what she's doing. She's an icon and he's an up and comer, so I think maybe he just "yes manned" her ideas and she prefers it that way. Just a theory.

shante smith

whore'dorves coming up ☺️☺️

Kalifornia.

Unconditional Oceans has crept into my Apple Music Top 25

Dr Naomi Campbell

I don't have an issue with Brandy being a vocal vessel or a muse.
It takes talent to adapt to different producer styles without it coming off as try hard.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Harlem on December 16, 2020, 11:34:03 AM
Brandy's adult dream team is Timbaland, Danja, James Fauntleroy & Candice Nelson. She just needs to lock them in a studio and create what we all been waiting for, for fuckin years!

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 16, 2020, 12:57:45 PM
I don't think she likes being pushed unless it's someone she's very comfortable/close with like LaShawn. Getting with Camper satisfied her need to be surrounded by people who won't question what she's doing. She's an icon and he's an up and comer, so I think maybe he just "yes manned" her ideas and she prefers it that way. Just a theory.
I can see this. Camper is very much obsessed and will probably praise anything she does. Although I enjoy b7, I definitely feel like that could get in the way of her being at her best.