Why Aaliyah Would Still Be One in a Million If She Were Alive Today

Started by Lazarus, July 18, 2018, 07:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssw4919

Quote from: Ambiguous on July 18, 2018, 09:24:26 PM
Quote from: BowDown on July 18, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on July 18, 2018, 07:32:20 PM
Its kind of hard to imagine her exceeding Brandy or Monica but I think her look would've made her be as big as Beyonce possibly .. Who knows ?
Beyonc? was always more than just a ?look.? Brandy could have maintained her status for a lot longer had she maintained the same work ethic..
I don't know... :unsure:

Always felt as if GHan's transition into adulthood from a child star is what created a bit of awkwardness in her career...
Not necessarily a shift in her work ethic.

So much focus was put on her wholesomeness and safeness that when she stepped into the "ok ya'll I'm ready to be sexy now pass me a weave mess" stage, I don't think it was the easiest thing for the gorls to swallow.

Especially with Benny Medina pushing her to be some sex kitten and mess.
Dancing around in her videos with wet hair and one piece bikinis..

And posing by Cadillac Escalades in nothing but a bra/panty set.
:unsure:

I agree.  She flourished as a child and teen star, but it got awkward once she became a woman.  Especially with the baby and stuff.

Aaliyah was not as popular as her peers as a teen, but flourished as a woman in the bit of time she had.  She was ready for the world.  :oof: :giveittomeddy:

Mon was the one with the work ethic issues.  In my opinion.  :helloimangie:

ssw4919

I still don?t understand the huge gap between Knock Knock and U Shoulda.  :usureuok:

Mariah4ever

brocka4life

Cowgirl

Its kind of hard to imagine her exceeding Brandy or Monica but I think her look would've made her be as big as Beyonce possibly .. Who knows ?
Beyonc? was always more than just a ?look.? Brandy could have maintained her status for a lot longer had she maintained the same work ethic..

Always felt as if GHan's transition into adulthood from a child star is what created a bit of awkwardness in her career...

So much focus was put on her wholesomeness and safeness that when she stepped into the "ok ya'll I'm ready to be sexy now pass me a weave mess" stage, I don't think it was the easiest thing for the gorls to swallow.

Are you tou..

Cowgirl

Quote from: Ambiguous on July 18, 2018, 09:49:23 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on July 18, 2018, 09:46:20 PM

Yep but Brandy also had a contract with Covergirl and was pretty much the IT girl of the 90's and could've maintained that level of success had she not become pregnant and taken so much time off. The work ethic and consistency just wasn't there .. The way it is with Beyonce
Yeah, she did have all the big contracts, sitcoms, etc

But having that going for a few years isn't a guarantee that you can keep it, no matter how hard you work. I honestly think GHan's time as the "it" girl ran its course. Every artist has their peak and their cooling off period. She wasn't an exception to that rule.

We could blame the pregnancy but there are other things worth considering as well.
I don't mean Ghan was lazy when I said she lost her work ethic but she was definitely over it by the time Full Moon came around. I get it though, being so young and never really having a break. I know she felt a great deal of relief when she was pregnant so she could finally take a break but it was just poor timing..

Kaeli.

Kaeli.

ssw4919

Pearls Khan

Quote from: CREAM. on July 18, 2018, 09:53:08 PM
Quote from: Guilty on July 18, 2018, 08:01:09 PM
Gag's awkward look works for her
if she was model pretty, she would be overlooked.
n

Britney doesn?t look better than anyone in 2018.

And Christina is fat and her lips are about to explode.
Gaga>

Big Italian nose and all.

Sssdjsj

Yeah. Stef' sits Britney in beauty everytime. Nice.try tho gorls

jtwoeleven

I disagree that Brandy and Monica struggled to keep up with times. The article praised Aaliyah and her collaborators for being timeless and ahead of the pack, but criticized the others for not being in line with it? Knowing exactly where she?d be today is impossible to tell, but looking at the jhene aiko, SZA, and even Tinashe types, she?d definitely have a lane for sure.

Kaeli.

I feel like Aaliyah would?ve transcended music and moved onto other ventures. We see she already had roles and auditions lined up.

CREAM.

Quote from: Kaeli. on July 19, 2018, 12:46:51 AM
I feel like Aaliyah would?ve transcended music and moved onto other ventures. We see she already had roles and auditions lined up.
:oof:

I think the fashion heads would have eaten her up. Movies. Clothing lines etc.

She was the perfect muse. :gorlonfire:

She probably would have put out an album every now and then.

Ma Lo

Quote from: Ambiguous on July 18, 2018, 09:49:23 PM
Quote from: The Serpent & The Rainbow on July 18, 2018, 09:46:20 PM

Yep but Brandy also had a contract with Covergirl and was pretty much the IT girl of the 90's and could've maintained that level of success had she not become pregnant and taken so much time off. The work ethic and consistency just wasn't there .. The way it is with Beyonce
Yeah, she did have all the big contracts, sitcoms, etc

But having that going for a few years isn't a guarantee that you can keep it, no matter how hard you work. I honestly think GHan's time as the "it" girl ran its course. Every artist has their peak and their cooling off period. She wasn't an exception to that rule.

We could blame the pregnancy but there are other things worth considering as well.

You're absolutely right