American Music Awards (Official Thread )

Started by Young, November 19, 2017, 04:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on November 20, 2017, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: XXX. on November 20, 2017, 10:23:25 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:22:18 AM
ssdddd her main issues besides the awful grunts and growls, were the many many flat moments, that?s all. It wasn?t a complete disaster but it certainly wasn?t good. I actually can?t even say decent

Keyword: By her standards and all things considered

Then it wasn't good :dead:
This is a tribute and u either sound good or u don't. We should be enjoying the tribute and remembering whit. Not measuring how terrible u sound now vs how terrible u sounded then.  And honestly,  the performance was terrible imo. So I'm not even going for that "her standards" thing.  This was equally as bad as Things she's done in the past and it just wasn't good

Well, for one, it wasn't a commentary on you or anyone here.  It was more about the hate I saw all over Twitter last night  -- which is why I said "social media". And my opinion is that it was not horrible in terms of what I expected.  She's an awful singer.  Period.  And has been for quite a long time.

I expected it to be a hell of  lot worse.  When you book Christina Aguilera, you know you're going to get flat notes, a warbled tone and grunts & shrieks in place of high notes

She did just that. 

But not to the extent I expected a la her National Anthems or her renditions of "At Last" by Etta James.

It was never going to be amazing.  I just don't think the performance was as bad as a lot of the reactions I saw. 

My opinion.

brocka4life

Quote from: XXX. on November 20, 2017, 11:36:36 AM
ssdddd her main issues besides the awful grunts and growls, were the many many flat moments, that?s all. It wasn?t a complete disaster but it certainly wasn?t good. I actually can?t even say decent

This is a tribute and u either sound good or u don't. We should be enjoying the tribute and remembering whit. Not measuring how terrible u sound now vs how terrible u sounded then.  And honestly,  the performance was terrible imo. So I'm not even going for that "her standards" thing.  This was equally as bad as Things she's done in the past and it just wasn't good

Well, for one, it wasn't a commentary on you or anyone here.  It was more about the hate I saw all over Twitter last night  -- which is why I said "social media". And my opinion is that it was not horrible in terms of what I expected.  She's an awful singer.  Period.  And has been for quite a long time.

I expected it to be a hell of  lot worse.  When you book Christina Aguilera, you know you're going to get flat notes, a warbled tone and grunts & shrieks in place of high notes

She did just that. 

But not to the extent I expected a la her National Anthems or her renditions of "At Last" by Etta James.

It was never going to be amazing.  I just don't think the performance was as bad as a lot of the reactions I saw. 

My opinion.

Perhaps the general public doesn't know her vocal history and therefore they didn't have the same lowered expectations that you had. Perhaps that it part of the reason why this performance is getting the response it's getting.

XXX.

Quote from: brocka4life on November 20, 2017, 11:53:27 AM
Quote from: XXX. on November 20, 2017, 11:36:36 AM

She did just that. 

My opinion.

Perhaps the general public doesn't know her vocal history and therefore they didn't have the same lowered expectations that you had. Perhaps that it part of the reason why this performance is getting the response it's getting.

This is fair and probably accurate. LOL!

Most people probably just remember her as being this amazing vocalist.  And last night was the reminder that she is not.

Me, being someone that kind of keeps up with a lot of the girls, already knew what she'd give.  And was pleasantly surprised it wasn't the bloody throat screamfest I predicted.

BrandyFromTheFuture

Actually I take back what I said about xtinct last night. People were so harsh to Whitney during her later years so I don?t wanna do the same to the gorl who tributed her (although she sucked).

STUNNA GOD

SSDHSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDHDJDJDJSDJSJDJDJSJSHSJSSDS
S
D
D
D
D
S
D
S
S
D
DDDD
S
S
S
S
S

SSD
D
S

Loving this XLtina lynching.

:scrumptious:

RAY7

What?s funny is this actually was technically her worst Whitney tribute
her duet with the Whit hologram and her BET awards ones were better
still not great but better

Rxxf

Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: Happily Unhappy on November 20, 2017, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:19:22 AM
Quote from: Happily Unhappy on November 20, 2017, 10:16:43 AM
Mel you tried it coming for Brandy.
n

He didn?t really, but he?s been doing that for years when it comes to Christina or Fantasia  :dead: he can?t take when they get dragged

I wonder if he ever brings up Brandy in that way on their little forums if they have one. Doubt it
I?m sure he does. If he does it on here I?m sure he does it elsewhere.
nah i meant i doubt he puts them down in favor of Brandy lol
BRANDY

RAY7

Quote from: BAMBI. on November 20, 2017, 12:26:46 PM
Looking back the one in 2001 was terrible too

This bitch had everyone fooled
it was subpar compared to Whitney
and just nothing special but the pitch and overall quality of her voice was better back then than now

GRAND

Quote from: Trey on November 20, 2017, 12:20:52 PM
SSDHSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDHDJDJDJSDJSJDJDJSJSHSJSSDS
S
D
D
D
D
S
D
S
S
D
DDDD
S
S
S
S
S

SSD
D
S

Loving this XLtina lynching.

:scrumptious:
zdf..,f,df,d;fdk:DSLDSDLDSLDS

the brits always win

ugh

one very satisfying feud

brocka4life

When I saw the performance, I had the same reaction that Charlamagne had when Safaree was rapping.

b7

I?m shaking

?The real?  is fucking messy  :kii: :kii: :kii: they?re dragging Xtina

RAY7

I liked that duet kinda
They sound good together

Vonc2002

Quote from: BAMBI. on November 20, 2017, 12:26:46 PM
Looking back the one in 2001 was terrible too

This bitch had everyone fooled
sddddssddssssssssssssssss
Iono what it is but when I went back and rewatched I was like how did we EVER think this was good :uhh:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw