Serious Discussion: HIV (No jokes in here or anything) I MEAN IT.

Started by Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In, November 17, 2015, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plank

Quote from: Baphomet. on November 17, 2015, 06:44:11 PM

:uhh:
I know you can go years with HIV before it turns into Aids and some never actually get Aids

thts y if ure sexually active

its alway good to jus get tested on tha reg'!

Code Red: itsMista

Quote from: Amir on November 17, 2015, 06:43:32 PM
Quote from: Mista 19.9k on November 17, 2015, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: Mack on November 17, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
The thing is nobody knows ever if they have it because a test can only give you info for weeks before you took the test...

And even the chance is really low it can get you every single time.

It takes 3-6 months to show up.
4-6 weeks

QuoteOne recommended strategy is to get tested 2-4 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months after a risky exposure. Using a senstitive antigen/antibody HIV test, of those who are infected, most will test positive at 1 month; almost all will test positive at 3 months; and the rest will test positive at 6 months.

Champion

Can someone tell me how someone becomes undetectable and what that means? Can you really go back to barebacking and not spread the disease? I saw on The View a former gay actor got HIV but he's undetectable and "sometimes" has sex with his BF raw. I'm serious.

Quote from: Amir on November 17, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
it's the medicine that kills you and causes AIDS.

You are totally false advertising. That is so stupid and not true. Get out.

Quote from: Champion on November 17, 2015, 06:50:23 PM
Can someone tell me how someone becomes undetectable and what that means? Can you really go back to barebacking and not spread the disease? I saw on The View a former gay actor got HIV but he's undetectable and "sometimes" has sex with his BF raw. I'm serious.

It's some kind of treatment you will have to take every single day. So when you get tested, it want show. A lot of people who's partner isn't HIV positive will be less to catch it but I wouldn't try to see if I was you.

MAY

Quote from: ANIMMAI on November 17, 2015, 06:29:00 PM
I'd treat an HIV positive friend or relative no different from how I always treat them.

The virus isn't the death sentence it used to be.

!!!
A friend of mine has it and to be honest it never really crosses my mind.
I just see him as my friend. He shouldn't be treat any differently.

RekeRig

Yea the only way I'd look at my friend differently is if they're out being reckless or something.

AIDS!

Quote from: Mista 19.9k on November 17, 2015, 06:52:49 PM

You are so ducking dumb
Read what I said
I said 'there's a school of thought'
Jesus be an English tutor :uhh:

MAY

http://www.hiv.va.gov/patient/faqs/transmission-of-undetectable-virus.asp

Don't be fooled luv. Just because someone is undetectable doesn't mean they can't pass on the virus. It just means it's less likely to happen because the viral load is so low, but it's still possible.

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 17, 2015, 07:05:20 PM

Don't be fooled luv. Just because someone is undetectable doesn't mean they can't pass on the virus. It just means it's less likely to happen because the viral load is so low, but it's still possible.

This

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

AIDS!

Quote from: Mista 19.9k on November 17, 2015, 06:50:09 PM
Quote from: Amir on November 17, 2015, 06:43:32 PM
Quote from: Mista 19.9k on November 17, 2015, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: Mack on November 17, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
The thing is nobody knows ever if they have it because a test can only give you info for weeks before you took the test...

And even the chance is really low it can get you every single time.

It takes 3-6 months to show up.
4-6 weeks

QuoteOne recommended strategy is to get tested 2-4 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months after a risky exposure. Using a senstitive antigen/antibody HIV test, of those who are infected, most will test positive at 1 month; almost all will test positive at 3 months; and the rest will test positive at 6 months.
The US are still using the old tests

QuoteIn the UK guidelines say that 4th generation HIV tests (antigen/antibody) will detect 95% of infections 4 weeks after exposure

AIDS!

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on November 17, 2015, 07:05:20 PM

Theres actually a 1% chance
But I don't know what studies show over in the states

Quote from: Amir on November 17, 2015, 07:04:56 PM
Quote from: Mista 19.9k on November 17, 2015, 06:52:49 PM

You are so ducking dumb
Read what I said
I said 'there's a school of thought'
Jesus be an English tutor :uhh:

Let's no fight. What you said was foolish and I just didn't want people thinking that. I'm sure its someone here with it and reading what you say so bring facts, ok.

yummy

Let's discuss what drove the government to create HIV in hopes of eradicating the gay community

:udontlookok: