20 year old Black man killed by cops in Minnesota, riots/looting break out

Started by shante smith, April 12, 2021, 07:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shante smith

National Guard deployed in Minneapolis after fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright[/b]

The National Guard was deployed in Minneapolis as hundreds of people looted and rioted into the early hours Monday after a black man was shot dead by police just 10 miles from where George Floyd died.

The fatal shooting of 20-year-old Daunte Wright in Brooklyn Center came as the Twin Cities was already in a state of high alert over the trial of ex-cop Derek Chauvin charged with Floyd's murder last May.

More @ https://nypost.com/2021/04/12/national-guard-deployed-in-minneapolis-after-fatal-police-shooting/

shante smith

here's the backstory:

QuoteBC police said in a statement that officers had stopped a motorist shortly before 2 p.m. Sunday. After determining the driver had an outstanding warrant, police tried to arrest the driver. The driver reentered the vehicle and an officer fired at the vehicle, striking the driver, police said. The vehicle traveled several blocks before striking another vehicle.

I dunno if this is a George Floyd situation because if these details are completely true, Daunte shouldn't have tried to run. If he was really attempting to jump back into his car, it gave enough room for the officer to assume he could be retrieving a weapon or something.

It's sad he lost his life but I dunno it I'd put him in the same category as George.

What do y'all think?

Dr Naomi Campbell

The situations aren't the same but it's the amount of times they can detain white people without resorting to shooting...

Cartierline

shante smith

I'd like to know what the warrant was for

Hopefully not over some petty bag of weed nonsense .

There's a difference between a perceived threat from someone is wanted for armed robbery and someone who is wanted for stealing a pack of gum from the dollar store .

Ma Lo

Daunte apparently called his mother during the incident and said he was being pulled over for air freshener dangling  from his rear view mirror..

Ma Lo

It's def not in the same category as George especially if Daunte fled the police ..you do that you looking for trouble. 

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: The Night King on April 12, 2021, 07:55:03 AM
Daunte apparently called his mother during the incident and said he was being pulled over for air freshener dangling  from his rear view mirror..
:udontlookok: :udontlookok: :udontlookok:

CHOKE

RAY7

It's all in the category of police using lethal force all of the time with us when we're unarmed and posing no threat to them. 

Gilgamesh.

I dunno about this one, on one hand i don't see why you need to shoot at someone unless they're attacking you but at the same time, why the fuck would you drive away from the police? :uhh:

CHOKE

Quote from: RAY7 on April 12, 2021, 08:12:37 AM
It's all in the category of police using lethal force all of the time with us when we're unarmed and posing no threat to them.

Did u jus skip over the part where he tried to reenter his vehicle? To potentially grab a weapon.

That can be seen as a threat and justification of lethal force.