V
V
V

V

V

V
V

shante smith

A light bulb didn't go off for me until I read that the he told his mom the cops stopped him for a damn air freshener.

I totally believe that was the reason for the stop.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 12, 2021, 09:40:27 AM
Here's what I said:

I'm inclined to believe this cop stopped Daunte for some bullshit like he told his mother he was . Daunte got SCARED and ran . 20 years old isn't an age where you're really able to think very far . We have to remember that we are examining this as full grown adults . He was literally just coming out of his teens . His mindset is not gonna he the same. He shouldn't be dead .
This!
I don't live in the US, but I can only imagine being stopped by a white police with a GUN in his pocket, so it's easy for us to sit here and give a "oh well IiIII would have..."

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 12, 2021, 09:58:11 AM
They really need to take a long look at these quota requirements and do away with them. Or rework them in some way.

I know it's a way to measure if a cop is actually "doing their job" but it's creating situations where young black men are having relatively unnecessary interactions with police officers in a time where racial tension is super high.

Of COURSE some of them are gonna run from the cops and don't want to be in their custody. They don't trust them.

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

STUNNA GOD

yummy

Quote from: L0NZ. on April 12, 2021, 08:29:27 AM
If someone is fleeing from you, they aren't a threat to your life.

!

And the officer had no reason to shoot at the vehicle unless that man shot first

You have the man's plates and address. Go to his house and arrest him there.

shante smith

Quote from: Jayda X on April 12, 2021, 10:14:41 AM
Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 12, 2021, 09:40:27 AM
Here's what I said:

I'm inclined to believe this cop stopped Daunte for some bullshit like he told his mother he was . Daunte got SCARED and ran . 20 years old isn't an age where you're really able to think very far . We have to remember that we are examining this as full grown adults . He was literally just coming out of his teens . His mindset is not gonna he the same. He shouldn't be dead .
This!
I don't live in the US, but I can only imagine being stopped by a white police with a GUN in his pocket, so it's easy for us to sit here and give a "oh well IiIII would have..."
being that young has its way of misleading us to believe we are invincible or immortal in some way . I can totally see a 20 year old having it in his mind that running was the best idea in that moment .

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"