The Shocking Amounts Taraji P. Henson Has Been Paid

Started by Rxxf, December 16, 2023, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

BRANDY

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: JCJ on December 21, 2023, 11:00:13 PM
Quote from: Summertime on December 21, 2023, 10:15:47 PMTaraji addressed the tik Tok and basically said no beef with big o.

Actor's pay is heavily dependent on if they can get high box office numbers as a lead and at this time Taraji hasn't shown that. She did Proud Mary as a lead and it didn't do well. She said that was the last time she got a pay bump.

She should consider looking at Viola's team who is by far the best in the game. The roles are always a mix of lead and supporting roles that feel like Viola is the lead while adding in serious with a mix of major franchises which opens her up to new audiences. They are on their way to being able to say Viola is critically acclaimed, a box office draw, and has global appeal.  Which is all going to push her fee up higher and get it met.

Did you forget Hidden Figures
Hidden Figures is a Ensemble film. With many big names attached to it, the storyline and history moment was the real driving force. They can recast the 3 women and probably get the same numbers. Eventhough all the ladies gave great and serviceable performances Octavia Spencer was the only one the critics raved about, so it would be hard for Taraji to say she was the reason for the films success. 
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

shante smith

Quote from: NEW MOON on December 21, 2023, 11:03:20 PM
Quote from: Atlanta x Kalmykia on December 21, 2023, 01:26:03 PMThe gorls are clocking tension and shade from Oprah to taraji now

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8HEfxmU/

Oprah is just ....

U wanna believe and think the best about her cuz she's a black woman who's accomplished so much but everyone can't be lying about who she really is behind closed doors - including mo'nique

Isn't this how you are about Tyler Perry?

Who Oprah just happens to be very close with. 
isn't that how you are about gettin ur ass beat?

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 22, 2023, 02:46:58 AM
Quote from: Summertime on December 21, 2023, 10:15:47 PMTaraji addressed the tik Tok and basically said no beef with big o.

Actor's pay is heavily dependent on if they can get high box office numbers as a lead and at this time Taraji hasn't shown that. She did Proud Mary as a lead and it didn't do well. She said that was the last time she got a pay bump.

She should consider looking at Viola's team who is by far the best in the game. The roles are always a mix of lead and supporting roles that feel like Viola is the lead while adding in serious with a mix of major franchises which opens her up to new audiences. They are on their way to being able to say Viola is critically acclaimed, a box office draw, and has global appeal.  Which is all going to push her fee up higher and get it met.

Hidden Figures is a Ensemble film. With many big names attached to it, the storyline and history moment was the real driving force. They can recast the 3 women and probably get the same numbers. Eventhough all the ladies gave great and serviceable performances Octavia Spencer was the only one the critics raved about, so it would be hard for Taraji to say she was the reason for the films success. 

She'd be getting paid more if she was white. Period.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Cowgirl

Quote from: JCJ on December 22, 2023, 08:15:53 AM

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

December 22, 2023, 09:34:45 AM #35 Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 09:35:22 AM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
Quote from: JCJ on December 22, 2023, 08:15:53 AM

Oh I don't dispute that at all. But after I took a hard look at her resume, and the numbers, the type of roles she had I could see the loopholes and excuses they would have used against her. Everything isn't 100 % racial, Viola is black and she's getting some coin now, not Meryl Streep money  but she's on her way.

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

Amazing

Taraji has had a great career and should be getting paid much more. PERIOD.

No ifs, buts or maybes.

Also all the women in Hidden Figures got rave reviews. They even won the Screen Actors Guild Award for best ensemble cast, which is major.

She has been nominated for every type of award and won the Golden Globe.

She has been in some fantastic movies and TV shows to boot.

Put some RespeKt on her name.

Amazing

Quote from: Summertime on December 21, 2023, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 20, 2023, 07:53:53 PM
Quote from: Summertime on December 20, 2023, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 20, 2023, 04:38:19 PMI love Taraji.  I hope she gets the salary she so desires real soon. I personally don't believe in throwing around large amounts of money. But if there was a time she should have gotten a pay raise it was during the Empire/Hidden Figures era. I would have champion for her to get 1 million an episode plus an Ep credit.

Taraji's team really dropped the ball with not locking down good pay for Empire and building off of that show for a higher rate. I just looked and saw that Kerry Washington's team secured her a $1.1 million an epi for a Hulu series a few years ago she probably was a producer as well which may have factored in the fee she got.  So they must have used the success of Scandal to lock that in for her. Racism, ageism (40+), sexism, and in case of darker black actresses colorism impacts their pay, but a good team can help with getting a high rate met.

I hope Taraji can get her a team that takes her resume and figures out how to get her fee met for every production and assist with mapping out the right roles for her.  However, if she's seeking $20+ million on front end that's going to be hard for her bc she doesn't have the resume/box office/awards for it.

!!!
Right people have to factor in all of this. Everyone's team negotiate differently and for different things. There's all kinds of backend deals, etc. Taraji been in a few hits, she's a big name but doesn't have the commercial clout, she can't carry a film on her name alone.

I believe you're speaking about "Little Fires everywhere ", which was incredible I think Kerry got an EP credit for that too.

Having commercial clout really changes everything for an actor. That's why I was harping so much about Brandy and her communications problem bc studio eyes are going to be on her to see if she can deliver good #s for 'The Front Room.'

It was Little Fires Everywhere. I think that's the highest a black actress has ever been paid an epi with Angela coming in 2nd for 911 which I think she was around $500kish an epi starting with their last season or last 2 seasons.

The quality of an entertainer's team changes everything. So I hope Taraji starts seeing her team gets it together ASAP. Many actors don't get out the bed unless they are getting an EP credit for every production they are in.
Quote from: Summertime on December 21, 2023, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 20, 2023, 07:53:53 PM
Quote from: Summertime on December 20, 2023, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 20, 2023, 04:38:19 PMI love Taraji.  I hope she gets the salary she so desires real soon. I personally don't believe in throwing around large amounts of money. But if there was a time she should have gotten a pay raise it was during the Empire/Hidden Figures era. I would have champion for her to get 1 million an episode plus an Ep credit.

Taraji's team really dropped the ball with not locking down good pay for Empire and building off of that show for a higher rate. I just looked and saw that Kerry Washington's team secured her a $1.1 million an epi for a Hulu series a few years ago she probably was a producer as well which may have factored in the fee she got.  So they must have used the success of Scandal to lock that in for her. Racism, ageism (40+), sexism, and in case of darker black actresses colorism impacts their pay, but a good team can help with getting a high rate met.

I hope Taraji can get her a team that takes her resume and figures out how to get her fee met for every production and assist with mapping out the right roles for her.  However, if she's seeking $20+ million on front end that's going to be hard for her bc she doesn't have the resume/box office/awards for it.

!!!
Right people have to factor in all of this. Everyone's team negotiate differently and for different things. There's all kinds of backend deals, etc. Taraji been in a few hits, she's a big name but doesn't have the commercial clout, she can't carry a film on her name alone.

I believe you're speaking about "Little Fires everywhere ", which was incredible I think Kerry got an EP credit for that too.

Having commercial clout really changes everything for an actor. That's why I was harping so much about Brandy and her communications problem bc studio eyes are going to be on her to see if she can deliver good #s for 'The Front Room.'

It was Little Fires Everywhere. I think that's the highest a black actress has ever been paid an epi with Angela coming in 2nd for 911 which I think she was around $500kish an epi starting with their last season or last 2 seasons.

The quality of an entertainer's team changes everything. So I hope Taraji starts seeing her team gets it together ASAP. Many actors don't get out the bed unless they are getting an EP credit for every production they are in.

Mary gets paid 500k per episode for Power Book 2

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Nobody is taking anything from Taraji but that's not how this works. It's a business and very political, your team has to be savvy when choosing roles and asking for a pay raise. Taraji herself got no nominatins for Hidden Figures. After she received her Golden Globe and 2 Emmy nods, Taraji should have worked with bigger named directors they would have paid her more for a smaller role than she probably got for her lead in Proud Mary.

Think like a man was huge success,  but how does Taraji prove she was the reason for it succeeding which there was about 8 other big names in there, plus black productions typically have smaller budgets?

Amazing

December 22, 2023, 12:37:25 PM #39 Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 12:39:41 PM by Amazing
Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 22, 2023, 10:35:07 AMNobody is taking anything from Taraji but that's not how this works. It's a business and very political, your team has to be savvy when choosing roles and asking for a pay raise. Taraji herself got no nominatins for Hidden Figures. After she received her Golden Globe and 2 Emmy nods, Taraji should have worked with bigger named directors they would have paid her more for a smaller role than she probably got for her lead in Proud Mary.

Think like a man was huge success,  but how does Taraji prove she was the reason for it succeeding which there was about 8 other big names in there, plus black productions typically have smaller budgets?

She won the Screen Actors Guild Award and an MTV Movie Award for Hidden Figures. She is nominated right now for an emmy. Are you dense?

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Amazing on December 22, 2023, 12:37:25 PM
Quote from: DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾 on December 22, 2023, 10:35:07 AMNobody is taking anything from Taraji but that's not how this works. It's a business and very political, your team has to be savvy when choosing roles and asking for a pay raise. Taraji herself got no nominatins for Hidden Figures. After she received her Golden Globe and 2 Emmy nods, Taraji should have worked with bigger named directors they would have paid her more for a smaller role than she probably got for her lead in Proud Mary.

She won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Hidden Figures. Are you dense?
She did not the FILM did. Taraji can't take credit for that, she didn't cast that movie LOL. Are you dense?

Summertime

If Taraji can get a movie or a few she stars in as the lead actor to make a profit then that will help her with a pay increase.  Black actresses are without a doubt underpaid. In addition to racism and sexism Taraji is also experiencing ageism. Studio execs start getting funny acting with 40+ actresses.

A major selling point though that an actor's team uses/needs as a tool in negotiations to get fees met is "my client's box office numbers as top billed is _____, so s/he deserves ____ up front and ____% on the back end + EP credit."

Hopefully if Taraji and all the ladies of TCP have a successful award season and any awards/nominations earned assist their teams in negotiations for in future roles.

If an actor can successfully sell a movie as top billed that means a lot during negotiations and gives an actor's team more power. Studio execs care a lot about churning a profit.

makeme

She needs to champion this cause, invest/produce a documentary about this, delve deep into the systemic mess of the situation..CAPITALIZE and rake in a nice return and hopefully bring about some real change.
Abundance abounds, energy is infinite, life is sacred, anything is possible, and everything happens for a reason. Wisdom dictates that you know exactly what to say, yet, choose not to say it. Truth and knowledge must be sought. With power, comes responsibility. These are universal principles. May God continuously bless us!