Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

long-timeTheRoofFan

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: RAY7 on September 27, 2021, 10:35:37 PM
Bran can rap. I feel like her natural style of rapping is kinda in the conscious rap realm like Common, Lauryn etc pretty much poetry
being honest the flow in that cypher they keep showing in the trailers is sounding corny though so I'm glad there's some real MCs on set that hopefully can get her to be a real "Xplicit" sounding rapper. Between Eve, Cam and now Jada and even Swizz I'm confident
Yes I hate that corny sounding voice she uses but I keep hearing it in every clip. It feels like she's acting/thinking about it versus just doing it easy n breezy. Hopefully she catches on as the episodes or seasons go.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 28, 2021, 01:54:15 PM
Didn't Empire release an album for each season ..

I don't know but Star definitely did. If this show gets renewed we have at least another year of Brandy music guaranteed.

:blessed:

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 28, 2021, 02:12:51 PM
Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 28, 2021, 01:54:15 PM
Didn't Empire release an album for each season ..

I don't know but Star definitely did. If this show gets renewed we have at least another year of Brandy music guaranteed.

:blessed:

Gilgamesh.

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 28, 2021, 02:18:07 PM
She can't take a break even if she wants to  :feelinmyself:

If it gets picked up .... You're right ... no more 4-8 year breaks

Harlem

Lol that's mad funny b/c I ain't want to be the one to say it but her little rap clip that they keep posting always makes me cringe

I'm praying it's just the editing and it gets better... she's supposed to be the musically talented one out of the group so I have hope

BrandonBranlee

September 28, 2021, 03:08:08 PM #232 Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 03:09:30 PM by BrandonBranlee
I got no problem saying it: I hope to be proven to wrong but I hope the arc of the show leads Naomi to retiring her rap career and letting Eve do all the rapping. Brandy rapping has never not been corny to me, but I do think it CAN work well in the context of this show. But he show doesn't appear to be trying to be funny enough and that's the only way I can see her really making an impact rapping. I'm nervous and excited about this show. I did not like most of the music for Star or Empire. It was always corny and kinda half baked TV music...

Buy The Stars✨

i think yall are just being nit picky cause its brandy.. she sounds fine. its a tv show she is acting.  she isnt releasing a rap album herself on oct 19  CHILL

Buy The Stars✨

and yall complainin about the way she sounds but yall go UP for a damn doja cat and city girls whos rap voices are HORRIBLE

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Troye on September 28, 2021, 03:25:35 PM
i think yall are just being nit picky cause its brandy.. she sounds fine. its a tv show she is acting.  she isnt releasing a rap album herself on oct 19  CHILL
!!!!!!!
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: RAY7 on September 28, 2021, 03:55:44 PM
this is a good example of Bran rapping

There are plenty of good examples

If the haters ain't hating you ain't doin it right