Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

October 20, 2021, 06:04:55 PM #1680 Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:05:29 PM by Somebody's RIG
The scene with Jill and Muffin is one of my favorites, comedically, and it's SO real. What they have in common in regards to the drugs and how Jill saw Muf' was losing herself to that persona

Jill: Honey, these men will eat you up and leave nothing but the bones, trust. What's ur name?

Muffin: You know my name

Jill:  :ermm: your real name

Muffin: Why u wanna know that  :uhh:

Jill: Do people not ask you that  :unsure:

Muffin: The Police

b7

b7

b7

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on October 19, 2021, 11:24:20 PM
Valeria and Naomi are my favorites and my reason to watch. I do love all the women equally though.
their dynamic is insane!!!

I can't believe this is just the pilot. Again, the last 20 minutes is when i was REALLY sold. It's gonna be a hit i think

b7

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on October 19, 2021, 11:27:43 PM
I love that if they said closed the door on the group I still would follow these characters on their journey.
!!!!!!!!

It's interesting and pretty dope how they came together after Jill came out and they had no idea if they'd ever perform again until Muffin came through.

That scene between Jill and Naomi

:plzstop:

Omfg.  Brandy ATE that! They both did. Shndndndnndndnf

"SHUT me up" made me jump back a bit after NAOMI dragged her for being uppity  :kii:

b7

October 20, 2021, 06:11:53 PM #1685 Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:13:01 PM by Somebody's RIG
The twitter praise as well as in here  :wub: go in guys

BIG facts.

Zahir's comments on episode 2:

b7

b7

Quote from: Young on October 20, 2021, 10:16:34 AM
Quote from: Àlákọrí ni bọ̀bọ́ yẹn sẹ́ on October 20, 2021, 08:17:41 AM
Naturi is such a great actress.

!!!

Thoroughly surprised by her--I never watched power

Nadine is awesome as well

truly, all 4 are slaying IMO :stressed:
Nadine is a great actress  :kii: i see why she got the job

Harlem

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 20, 2021, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on October 19, 2021, 10:59:50 PM
Omg THATS who Cam is playing???

d
d

d
d
d
d
Sndndndndnfnnf it's time for some MESS

I knew they was gonna MESS for the show! And I want the manager to be Bran's man in real life, he's fuckin FINE
:ohwow:

b7

Quote from: long-timeNastyGirl on October 20, 2021, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Bish on October 19, 2021, 11:22:35 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 19, 2021, 11:16:31 PM
I'm screaming at them all just smiling when Naturi came out sssddddd. That and that lil girl wearing a nasty bitch chain  :plzstop:

Overall I feel like to was pretty good. Choppy in some places but a good setup and I bet they'll all settle into their roles nicely.
Yeah I think based on their chemistry the show is very promising. Pilot episodes have to do a lot of heavy lifting to fill in the backstory, and because it's essentially a pitch to the network. 

I'm looking forward to the next episodes when things really gel. But the production was great and the ladies did really good. Eve is the weakest acting wise, but she brings it during the performances. I hope they continue to highlight Brandy's singing because it was a highlight of the episode.

I disagree I felt Eve's Character was great throughout  :flamebroiled:
she had her moments but i LOVED her character as well

She definitely isn't playing herself cuz she woulda set that house on fire after catching her husband :kii:

b7

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVQCo43j78I/?utm_medium=copy_link

More interviews  :wub:

I LOVE that the promo for the show is continuing all week and beyond, and not just before the premiere. Very smart of them to have the View taped beforehand

Let's GO

b7

In case it was missed:

Zahir McGhee is the creator of Queens and comes from Scandal and Shondaland. That's why the balance of drama and comedy is so well done IMO.

Here's what he said about to expect now that the pilot has gone by and the real meat of the show and further backstory comes next:

Really great article and interview with Zahir on multiple platforms if ya'll wanna get to know him and the way that he thinks:

https://tvline.com/2021/10/19/brandy-eve-queens-abc-tv-show-music/

https://twitter.com/ew/status/1450741098104688642?s=21

b7

October 20, 2021, 07:48:23 PM #1692 Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:35:57 PM by Somebody's RIG
I don't think the time slot is an issue either. This is what primetime tv entails in terms of the time. Sundays may be even better i suppose? Idk, but they competed with the NBA, Lebron and the Lakers tipping off the season last night and still trended everywhere. Twitter went IN :kii: i had so much fun on there last night

Not bad at ALL IMO. And i watched on ABC before hitting it to Hulu (with no ads) cuz i can't stand commercials. Such an easy breezy, enjoyable watch.