Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

October 23, 2021, 03:30:31 AM #1875 Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:31:20 AM by Somebody's RIG
Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on October 23, 2021, 03:05:32 AM
Regardless of the target demo. "Queens" is doing a awesome job of reminding people of Brandy, and bringing some older fans back. I just watched this panel on YouTube, 3 whites, 1 black. Praising Moesha, Brandy, Queens was brought up and " Somebody's Son". Mission accomplished!
yea baby!!! That collab with Daniel Caesar helped as well. My waitress at a local diner recently was asking me about what I'm watching an of course i mentioned Queens. She instantly started praising Brandy's voice, mentioned her Riffs and "Love again" :kii:

Edit: i tried uploading the clip of Brandy singing wrecking ball, and ABC ain't having it :kii: gotta wait until Tuesday

b7

So glad Brandy talked about Hip hop being the foundation of the show, but she's still tackling other genres at the same time :kii: such a Brandy thing to do

Can't put her in a box, even when she's acting.

:blessed:

Love that for her and her fans

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 23, 2021, 03:30:31 AM
Regardless of the target demo. "Queens" is doing a awesome job of reminding people of Brandy, and bringing some older fans back. I just watched this panel on YouTube, 3 whites, 1 black. Praising Moesha, Brandy, Queens was brought up and " Somebody's Son". Mission accomplished!
yea baby!!! That collab with Daniel Caesar helped as well. My waitress at a local diner recently was asking me about what I'm watching an of course i mentioned Queens. She instantly started praising Brandy's voice, mentioned her Riffs and "Love again" :kii:

Edit: i tried uploading the clip of Brandy singing wrecking ball, and ABC ain't having it :kii: gotta wait until Tuesday
Yes, that's why I'm including everything into the B7 era that started 2019. All I need is her to announce a new film and it's over!
Where did they post it? She's doing a lot covers.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

b7

Quote from: Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾 on October 23, 2021, 03:39:49 AM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 23, 2021, 03:30:31 AM

Yes, that's why I'm including everything into the B7 era that started 2019. All I need is her to announce a new film and it's over!
Where did they post it? She's doing a lot covers.
!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that she mentioned films a few weeks back is enough for me to know she already booked at least one :kii: Brandy ain't slick lmao.

BrandyLegion posted it on Twitter and then it got deleted. Then i tried reuploading on youtube and it got snatched in seconds snndndn i can email or text it to you. DM meh

:ohwow:

b7

Pretty dope convo. This is kinda off topic but not really

Regina King mentions how long she's known Tim Story and how far they go back, with Issa Rae.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDqHnqb4PYc&ab_channel=IssaRaePresents

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 22, 2021, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on October 22, 2021, 08:50:59 PM
Quote from: RenRen986 on October 22, 2021, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on October 22, 2021, 07:56:40 PM
Queen's gonna cover "Wrecking Ball" next episode  :'(

https://twitter.com/legionbrandy/status/1451692472225177609?s=21

This is always my fear with black shows on network tv. They're always catering to a white audience. This doesn't even make sense in relation to the premise of the show.
Hunny its not a "black show" just because it has 4 woc as leads, get out of that mindset...we want all people to watch. Also, how do you know it doesn't make sense in the context of the show?? Its def a present day scene.
!!!!! That's quite the assumption to make

Anyway, "adore you" was for Brandy anyhow lol from that same Miley album and it was given away. She has every right to slay this song

:blessed:
Really? I've always loved that song  :blush:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: RenRen986 on October 22, 2021, 10:24:46 PM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on October 22, 2021, 08:50:59 PM
Quote from: RenRen986 on October 22, 2021, 08:18:15 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on October 22, 2021, 07:56:40 PM
Queen's gonna cover "Wrecking Ball" next episode  :'(

https://twitter.com/legionbrandy/status/1451692472225177609?s=21

This is always my fear with black shows on network tv. They're always catering to a white audience. This doesn't even make sense in relation to the premise of the show.
Hunny its not a "black show" just because it has 4 woc as leads, get out of that mindset...we want all people to watch. Also, how do you know it doesn't make sense in the context of the show?? Its def a present day scene.

Hunny, it's a show created by a black man starring 4 black/brown women about a genre of music that is what???...BLACK. My point was about authenticity. For example Atlanta and insecure. Shows that are allowed to have a black voice/narrative without being too diluted to appeal to people who probably wouldn't watch anyway.

I won't continue to debate here because this isn't the thread for this.
That's what we are here to do...debate sis. I get what you are saying but just because its a black creator and headlined by four WOC does not make it a black show...y'all don't say the same if its a white director and white cast so that narrative is tired. I can see if it was Love Jones/Friday or something but its not. Hip Hop is universal and hopefully all can enjoy it. I dnt see how singing Wrecking Ball is appealing to just a white audience cause its POP lmao.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Micheal Watson

I hate to break it to you, but it's def a black show lol

even the antagonists throughout the first episode are white . Listen closely love, they're playing up race a bit

and I'm here for it  :sistas:

b7

October 23, 2021, 01:02:51 PM #1883 Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 01:09:20 PM by Somebody's RIG
for those that may not have seen it. I'll merge later!

scene from the pilot for those that didn't watch:

shante smith

looks good. such a nice easy going show

they turn the dramatics up just enough

b7

Quote from: ATLien on October 23, 2021, 01:06:25 PM
looks good. such a nice easy going show

they turn the dramatics up just enough
!!!!!!!! I love the balance so far

the dialogue is my favorite. The commercials will have u thinking it's one thing, and then it's not. You get this:

Eve had me screaming

:plzstop:

Cowgirl

Didn't think I would but I love each one of their characters. If anyone gets shot, hope it's Eve tho.

long-timeTheRoofFan

I'm watching 1999 again now and I'm loving Brandy's car in the episode. She's always been smart about having sexy cars in her videos etc.

The scene in the episode where they are listening to lil muffins version of their song on the radio brings back What About Us vibes

b7