Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign.

Brandy is honestly doing her good acting. The scene with her and the manager > 

But this scene at the record executive's house is sending me :plzstop:

Sovereign.

b7

b7

Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: Kaeli. on October 27, 2021, 09:08:55 PM
ODJSFOKJF:KDLJKFJ:DFEJIPFEJRS

This Butter Pecan intro and Eve calling her bars trash

:plzstop:
:plzstop: :plzstop:

Jill and Brianna kept it the Fuck REAL.

Basically, Eve: "fuck it, I'll say it.  This shit is trash"

X
X

X
C
C

Sovereign.

I know numbers shouldn't be a major concern but I really hope this goes on to have a life past one season or again perhaps it'll work on Hulu. The camp works and the genre is refreshing for ABC. I don't want to lose hope. Episode 2 was better story development wise I will say. 

Sovereign.

Brianna might've been my favorite this episode. Brandy really did well carrying this episode. 

Harlem

Just finished watching episode 2. I liked it a lot I can't even front... the Wrecking Ball moment & some of Jill's stuff was ehhh but overall it was good. I did want to see more fighting in this episode though lol

Brandy should've washed Valeria

Eve should've slapped the memory back into her man while in that hospital bed

Micheal Watson

Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 10:23:06 PM

except that vocal performance is one of the best solos I've ever witnessed

Sent chills to my core

b7

I really felt for Naomi in that scene where she thought they wanted to sign her, but, instead, wanted to use her talent to benefit yet another young Artist. That shit so real  :dead: I'm sure ageism has gotten to her in real life as well. People really assume that once you're 40, u can barely walk or something  :kii:

b7

Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 10:23:06 PM

!!!!! Everyone is really digging in

I love Naomi

b7

October 27, 2021, 11:04:02 PM #2351 Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:05:09 PM by Somebody's RIG
Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
Brianna might've been my favorite this episode. Brandy really did well carrying this episode.
!!!!!!!!!

I think this show will genuinely get better each week as the story progresses. Overall, i like the direction and writing, especially for a musical drama. It's different

I wish the marketing better showed what this show really is though. Branding it as 40 year olds looking to make a comeback isn't enough reason to watch. They should show some of the meat and what this show is really about cuz it's sooooo much more than that or even just the group itself

b7

Quote from: Harlem on October 27, 2021, 10:38:38 PM
Just finished watching episode 2. I liked it a lot I can't even front... the Wrecking Ball moment & some of Jill's stuff was ehhh but overall it was good. I did want to see more fighting in this episode though lol

Brandy should've washed Valeria

Eve should've slapped the memory back into her man while in that hospital bed
dhjxjnxnxnxnmxncn

!!! Just TWO good ole slaps and fisticuffs and i woulda been satisfied :kii:

Sovereign.

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 27, 2021, 11:04:02 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
!!!!!!!!!

I think this show will genuinely get better each week as the story progresses. Overall, i like the direction and writing, especially for a musical drama. It's different

I wish the marketing better showed what this show really is though. Branding it as 40 year olds looking to make a comeback isn't enough reason to watch. They should show some of the meat and what this show is really about cuz it's sooooo much more than that or even just the group itself

!!! Like it's way more interesting to really market it as 40 year old black women/women of color trying to navigate a racist and male dominated industry that many artist and women across professions experience regularly as well as digging into their interpersonal relationships and the music supports that. Episode two was better at that but honestly, the only solution is those numbers. Perhaps the series will work via streaming or an earlier time slot but The Bachlorette has that 8 PM time slot on lock.

Harlem

I'm wondering if they are doing a build up for Eve's character... b/c I know one day she's gonna spaz out on him so I'm hopeful Tyreek will get his just do