Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

Also, Brandy's acting was good in this episode... this girl needs to really just be a drama actress moving forward b/c that's her lane even if she doesn't see it yet

Sovereign.

Quote from: Harlem on October 27, 2021, 11:14:25 PM
Also, Brandy's acting was good in this episode... this girl needs to really just be a drama actress moving forward b/c that's her lane even if she doesn't see it yet

!!!!  She really did well carrying. I really like Naomi because of Brandy's natural vulnerability and it makes sense she's the most talented but doesn't get the recognition she deserves.

Harlem

Right! I'm sure this role is therapeutic for her too b/c it's sinilar to her career

Sovereign.

Also, Jill is charismatic as hell.  :plzstop: Naturi is so naturally funny.

I also can't understand a word Lil' Muffin says.  :dead: Ever.

Harlem

Sovereign.

I only want this show to be a win for Brandy cause this is her second wind as an actress.  "Zoe" didn't turn out great and to have another successful series on her resume during this new era for her will feel like a major win. She's resilient and she's had a great era post-"B7", I just want more for our girl.

Sovereign.

Quote from: Harlem on October 27, 2021, 11:18:27 PM
Right! I'm sure this role is therapeutic for her too b/c it's sinilar to her career

! It makes sense she's playing this role.

Harlem

Sovereign.

Sovereign.

Brianna and Jill were a lil' too forgiving for me. I'm sorry. :dead: 

b7

Quote from: Harlem on October 27, 2021, 11:12:38 PM
I'm wondering if they are doing a build up for Eve's character... b/c I know one day she's gonna spaz out on him so I'm hopeful Tyreek will get his just do
not Tyreke Snndndndnnd

But !!!!!

b7

Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 11:12:28 PM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 27, 2021, 11:04:02 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
Brianna might've been my favorite this episode. Brandy really did well carrying this episode.
!!!!!!!!!

I think this show will genuinely get better each week as the story progresses. Overall, i like the direction and writing, especially for a musical drama. It's different

I wish the marketing better showed what this show really is though. Branding it as 40 year olds looking to make a comeback isn't enough reason to watch. They should show some of the meat and what this show is really about cuz it's sooooo much more than that or even just the group itself

!!! Like it's way more interesting to really market it as 40 year old black women/women of color trying to navigate a racist and male dominated industry that many artist and women across professions experience regularly as well as digging into their interpersonal relationships and the music supports that. Episode two was better at that but honestly, the only solution is those numbers. Perhaps the series will work via streaming or an earlier time slot but The Bachlorette has that 8 PM time slot on lock.
!!!!!

All of this!! In a world of reboots and remakes, I'm really so happy to see something original and the fact that they're trying to create their own lane and niche. Some of the elements are nothing new, while many of the elements are. I think the ratings have a shot to up each week, and the reviews being a lot stronger than anything is what i think will give the show more life. Word of mouth >>

b7

Quote from: Harlem on October 27, 2021, 11:14:25 PM
!!!!! I think Queen does now. She really is doing the damn thing

😍😍😍😍

b7

Quote from: Harlem on October 27, 2021, 11:18:27 PM
:gorlonfire:

That scene with her immediate disappointment at that table when she was about to sign on the dotted line with Cam omfffff ACTdy bitch