Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: BrandonBranlee on October 28, 2021, 11:48:17 AM
Do you guys think an actual real live performance would help the promo? Eve is about to pop tho...

Yes I think some live performances would help for sure... Just like Brandy did for Chicago they could have done for this and still should ...

the unveiling thing that one night before the show launched should have been a performance and not just a big necklace with fireworks ...

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: long-timeNastyGirl on October 28, 2021, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: BrandonBranlee on October 28, 2021, 11:48:17 AM
Do you guys think an actual real live performance would help the promo? Eve is about to pop tho...

Yes I think some live performances would help for sure... Just like Brandy did for Chicago they could have done for this and still should ...

the unveiling thing that one night before the show launched should have been a performance and not just a big necklace with fireworks ...
true!

BrandyFromTheFuture

A late night show or award show performance starting off with Brandy sitting on a chair, lights out with just one spotlight on her, accompanied by a guitarist, singing ,,hear me". Lights turn red, beat drops and the girls come out for a ,,nasty girl"/ ,,queen of hearts" medley. Someone pitch this to ABC.

#Mu7

I like this show. I do feel like they could have done better promo.
With that being said the Live + 7 for the premiere had the ratings about 2.5 milli and the show has continued to trend in Hulus top 20. Today it was like 13 or 14. I think it's doing OK. It could also be one of those shows that will benefit from a full season and then people binge.

it might actually be fine.

b7

long-timeTheRoofFan

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on October 28, 2021, 12:45:11 PM
A late night show or award show performance starting off with Brandy sitting on a chair, lights out with just one spotlight on her, accompanied by a guitarist, singing ,,hear me". Lights turn red, beat drops and the girls come out for a ,,nasty girl"/ ,,queen of hearts" medley. Someone pitch this to ABC.

:kii:

long-timeTheRoofFan

Holy Vocals: Brandy's Cover of "Wrecking Ball" Is the Version We Never Knew We Needed

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/brandy-miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-cover-queens-48574373

Queens might be filled with nostalgic references and '90s hip-hop sounds galore, but the ABC show just blessed our ears with one of the best modern-day covers, and we can't stop listening to it. During Tuesday night's episode, Brandy sang "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, putting her own spin on the emotional ballad in a serious mic-drop moment. It all began when her character, Naomi, aka Xplicit Lyrics, showed up to a dismissive label executive's house to prove that she is more than worthy of her own record deal, and what happened next was magical.

With her on-screen daughter, Jojo, playing piano at home (side note: also incredibly talented) combined with the background vocals of the Queens cast, Brandy's cover of the song blew everyone away . . . even the neighbors! And fans could not get enough of this performance. Brandy asked her followers on Twitter what their favorite part of the episode was and the replies were flooded with tweets about her rendition of "Wrecking Ball." Watch the video above and prepare to be amazed.

long-timeTheRoofFan

Brandy Gives Stunning Rendition of Miley Cyrus Hit "Wrecking Ball"

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/brandy-gives-stunning-rendition-of-miley-cyrus-hit-wrecking-ball-new-song.1993096.html

we're highlighting a Brandy-fronted cover of one of Miley Cyrus's greatest hits. "Wrecking Ball" topped the charts for Cyrus back in 2013 after the single was featured on the singer's fourth studio album, Bangerz. Brandy, also known as the Vocal Bible, delivers a stunning rendition of the track with an R&B twist that fans did not know that they needed.

long-timeTheRoofFan

October 28, 2021, 01:16:39 PM #2394 Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 01:19:04 PM by long-timeNastyGirl
If they keep giving us 3 songs an episode there should be tons of material by the end of the Season.. I hope they really do end up doing a few live performances

Late Night, GMA etc and announce a small tour .... The songs really are that good and if people got to go see the cast on a 10 date tour after the season airs its a reason to re binge watch the show on Hulu and iTunes and Disney+ (etc etc) while waiting for the second season

:wub:

The small tour would also be a reason for people to buy the soundtrack if they release one.

They could post all kinds of videos from the live performances to all the Queens social media too between seasons.

Kaeli.

Quote from: Sovereign. on October 27, 2021, 11:18:35 PM
Also, Jill is charismatic as hell.  :plzstop: Naturi is so naturally funny.

I also can't understand a word Lil' Muffin says.  :dead: Ever.
nfkndKDSMF

I Think Naturi's character is my favorite. She sends me

Kaeli.

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on October 28, 2021, 12:45:11 PM

RAY7

Glad ppl are liking that. Lol at that reviewer thinking the other girls were singing background 

long-timeTheRoofFan

Brandy Remakes Miley Cyrus' 'Wrecking Ball'

https://ratedrnb.com/2021/10/brandy-remakes-miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball/

Expect new music from ABC's Queens every week. Brandy has recorded a cover of Miley Cyrus' multi-platinum hit single "Wrecking Ball," spreading her supple vocal wings over a gorgeous piano.

In tandem with Brandy's take on Cyrus' blockbuster track, she, along with her Queens castmates, released two additional songs: "Belly Of The Bitch" and "Heart of Queens" featuring Cam'ron.

b7

Quote from: long-timeNastyGirl on October 28, 2021, 01:10:51 PM
Holy Vocals: Brandy's Cover of "Wrecking Ball" Is the Version We Never Knew We Needed

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/brandy-miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-cover-queens-48574373

Queens might be filled with nostalgic references and '90s hip-hop sounds galore, but the ABC show just blessed our ears with one of the best modern-day covers, and we can't stop listening to it. During Tuesday night's episode, Brandy sang "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus, putting her own spin on the emotional ballad in a serious mic-drop moment. It all began when her character, Naomi, aka Xplicit Lyrics, showed up to a dismissive label executive's house to prove that she is more than worthy of her own record deal, and what happened next was magical.

With her on-screen daughter, Jojo, playing piano at home (side note: also incredibly talented) combined with the background vocals of the Queens cast, Brandy's cover of the song blew everyone away . . . even the neighbors! And fans could not get enough of this performance. Brandy asked her followers on Twitter what their favorite part of the episode was and the replies were flooded with tweets about her rendition of "Wrecking Ball." Watch the video above and prepare to be amazed.
SLAY, My Queen.

Can't wait to see what she does next  :kii: every damn week my back is getting lashed huh