Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

This show is obviously for people of color. I appreciate ABC taking a risk like that on their network, which is mostly watched by white viewers. I think they expected the ratings to be on the lower end. 

Ma Lo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Lifestyle/wireStory/tv-us-viewers-diversity-study-80789211

:plzstop: ABC ain't playing about diversity. Them white Democrat ABC executives WILL have black folk on their network at all costs even if it's a ratings flop.

Summertime

October 31, 2021, 09:36:42 AM #2537 Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 09:37:46 AM by Superstar Brandy
I love that the Queens creator talked about his love for her.  Him loving Bran basically secured her future roles for whatever shows he might do.

I can't wait for her to release her memoir in the future to discuss her thoughts on how successful she has been.  Based on the Twitter hashtag it appears that many people start watching the show on Hulu towards the end of the week, so I think those numbers should be good.

b7

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on October 29, 2021, 07:49:25 PM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 29, 2021, 03:22:07 PM
Quote from: long-timeNastyGirl on October 29, 2021, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on October 29, 2021, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: Superstar Brandy on October 29, 2021, 01:42:35 PM
I think Bran Nu EP coming after the 1st season of Queens airs would be dope.  It's truly a blessing that this role came to her since she loves  rapping.
im so happy for her. I don't think she's deviating from singing any time soon though, and not under that alter ego name. This show is perfect for her to be as creative as she wants with it though, you're right. Critics can't deny what she's doing on this show and from what we just heard .... It's only getting better 🤯🤯🤯  :-o

I think this is just what some fans want from Brandy... her core fans mostly didn't like to see her Rapping and dragged Bran'Nu for filth ... and those same fans hope she  leaves the rap on the show

Yes this show lets her be creative and flex rapping muscles....I  think Brandy wants to shine at whatever she does and so when she was dragged for Bran'Nu she put it to bed for a while..

BUT She's been steadily working towards being able to SHINE as a rapper too.. I think she really wants that... And the "Making a 40 something famous" line from the show has more to do with how she feels about breaking into rap at 40 something... but she also has to believe that she can...

I believe that she can

:flamebroiled:
oh don't get me wrong. I definitely think she'll continue rapping for the rest of her career in some way

She just now seems to realize she doesn't need an "alter ego" to do it. That, IMO was an Artist scared to come out rapping as herself. Brandy can do it all and is proving that now, as Brandy. She's owning everything she does without hiding behind alter egos and gimmicks and i love that

!!!!

I've been able to let go of my expectations of Ghan and with that has come an acceptance of all she has to offer. TBH I wouldn't mind if her next album had her rapping more on songs. A You're Beautiful mess owt.
omgggg that is one of my FAVORITES ever

There's a moment on this new Queen's song (Belly of the Bitch) where she adds this background harmony on back to back lines and it's fucking sick!!

:plzstop:

b7

Quote from: Superstar Brandy on October 31, 2021, 09:36:42 AM
I love that the Queens creator talked about his love for her.  Him loving Bran basically secured her future roles for whatever shows he might do.

I can't wait for her to release her memoir in the future to discuss her thoughts on how successful she has been.  Based on the Twitter hashtag it appears that many people start watching the show on Hulu towards the end of the week, so I think those numbers should be good.
:wub: :wub:

Social media is everything when utilized in this way. She has been trending non stop on multiple platforms for different and very good reasons since early last year. So dope to see the word of this show spreading

b7

RAY7

Jesus Bran. Eve I pray you went harder in the other rounds babe

long-timeTheRoofFan

I'm excited to see what songs we get tomorrow before the next episode  :flamebroiled:

Harlem

Woo! Brandy some of these mannerisms in the rap battle lol... Ima let her rock though

long-timeTheRoofFan

November 01, 2021, 12:02:25 PM #2545 Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 12:04:19 PM by long-timeNastyGirl

Summertime

RAY7

Love Bran on this too! 
is there any other rapper that ever had their own harmonies during their verses?

Ma Lo