Official Queens on ABC thread!! (Queens Finale Tonight)

Started by b7, September 10, 2021, 10:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 03, 2021, 11:29:19 PM
Quote from: Rxxf on November 03, 2021, 08:33:26 PM
Each episode gets better and better.
!!!!!! Not even saying this as a stan. They're ALL doing really really well together and when they're apart in their own respective storylines

I really love that this show is about more than just the group dynamic
Story opportunities are endless.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

b7

November 04, 2021, 07:15:30 PM #2896 Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:09:26 AM by Somebody's RIG
For the time being of course. She filmed extra scenes in advance and they reworked the schedule for her

https://deadline.com/2021/11/eve-leave-break-queens-pregnancy-brianna-abc-1234867765/

QuoteEve has been commuting to Atlanta, where Queens films, from the UK where her family home is. ABC and the show's producers have been supportive of the star, adjusting the schedule so Eve could film additional scenes before her leave to be with her family. As a result, Brianna will be in the majority of Queens' original 13-episode order, we hear.

We also hear that the character's storyline is left open-ended so Eve could return if she chooses to and should the series get renewed for a second season.

Eve stars alongside Naturi Naughton, Nadine Velazquez and Brandy in Queens which has been well received, scoring a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes for a broadcast series. It also is the #1 most social new broadcast program of the season in the Talkwalker Social Content Ratings.

Queens, which is three episodes into its freshman run, follows four women in their 40s (Eve, Naughton, Velazquez, Brandy) who reunite for a chance to recapture their fame and regain the swagger they had in the '90s when they were legends in the hip-hop world.

b7

It's this part for me

QuoteEve stars alongside Naturi Naughton, Nadine Velazquez and Brandy in Queens which has been well received, scoring a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes for a broadcast series. It also is the #1 most social new broadcast program of the season in the Talkwalker Social Content Ratings.

:ohwow:

long-timeTheRoofFan

I hope it gets picked up for a full season order, or at least a 2nd season.... I hope Eve missing doesn't hinder their decision to keep it going until she can return.

I also hope she has a healthy happy baby ... good luck Eve

b7

Quote from: long-timeNastyGirl on November 04, 2021, 07:20:59 PM
I hope it gets picked up for a full season order, or at least a 2nd season.... I hope Eve missing doesn't hinder their decision to keep it going until she can return.

I also hope she has a healthy happy baby ... good luck Eve
looks like she's in pretty much all 13 episodes so that's great! If they shoot up to a few more episodes then i guess they come back some time in the spring of next year? I forgot how it works. Scandal and HTGAWM used to disappear for months at a time obviously because they had to finish writing the show and then film

duboisrene

I feel like we will know more by episode 5. That's when Wonder Years got a full season pick up I believe. 🤞🏽

b7

Quote from: duboisrene on November 04, 2021, 07:55:39 PM
I feel like we will know more by episode 5. That's when Wonder Years got a full season pick up I believe. 🤞🏽
Nice!! Thanks for the info. I'm rooting for them all

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 04, 2021, 08:05:56 PM
Quote from: duboisrene on November 04, 2021, 07:55:39 PM
Nice!! Thanks for the info. I'm rooting for them all

Same here!!

I'm sending them all positive energy and not even thinking anything else but it getting renewed for season 2

TriBeCa

Damn. I was hoping they would perform at the American Music Awards which air on ABC or at least perform on some talk shows before she went on maternity leave.

Cowgirl

November 04, 2021, 10:41:55 PM #2904 Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:42:22 PM by Rudest Lil Madam
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 04, 2021, 07:16:09 PM
It's this part for me

QuoteEve stars alongside Naturi Naughton, Nadine Velazquez and Brandy in Queens which has been well received, scoring a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes for a broadcast series. It also is the #1 most social new broadcast program of the season in the Talkwalker Social Content Ratings.

I get the feeling the show is a success but I guess we'll see for sure.

b7

Quote from: Rudest Lil Madam on November 04, 2021, 10:41:55 PM
Quote from: Somebody's RIG on November 04, 2021, 07:16:09 PM
It's this part for me

I get the feeling the show is a success but I guess we'll see for sure.
So far, so good!! Overall

Ulysses

A miracle will be needed for this show to be renewed. We all love Bran, but there is no denying the bad ratings. As much as I want her to succeed, I don't think this show is it. 

Sovereign.

Live ratings aren't a major determining factor for a shows success anymore. "Queens" could very well see a follow up season. It's no. 2 on Hulu streaming.  Article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/tv/news/abc-live-same-day-ratings-1203401162/amp/

Young

Sovereign.

And Zahir (creator) seems optimistic about the show's longevity.