Ari Lennox arrested after being racially profiled

Started by shante smith, November 29, 2021, 07:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: annie on November 29, 2021, 08:30:53 AM
The police claim 'she was drunk and had anger issues and just didn't calm down...' so they arrested her. They will investigate what exactly happened. 
:omgwatshappening:

lol here you go...

Zankou.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 29, 2021, 11:42:25 AM
The police claim 'she was drunk and had anger issues and just didn't calm down...' so they arrested her. They will investigate what exactly happened. 

lol here you go...

Dhdhshhshshshsshsgsgsgsgdgfhcuc

Annie

November 29, 2021, 11:51:45 AM #19 Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:52:58 AM by annie
Ok so there's a news update, KLM has investigated what happened and they released another statement: "According to KLM there was a discussion between her and the KLM employee. Passengers were asked to show their identification but she showed the wrong document. When the employee told her she showed the wrong document Ari 'drew a wrong conclusion'.
Her management apologized for what happened. Ari will make a statement later today. They still have to release her and is unable to respond right now. 

Universal Music has confirmed this story and said her management did apologize for the incident. Ari is unable to apologize or make a statement herself because she is not released yet."

I can imagine the management just wants to stay polite to get her out of there. I bet she will get a fine (maybe a warning) and that will probably be it. Let's see if Ari agrees with the statement..

/.\

Annie

November 29, 2021, 11:52:27 AM #20 Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:08:58 PM by annie
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 29, 2021, 11:42:25 AM

lol here you go...

Don't shoot the messenger. I used the ' ' for a reason. I'm just translating from a Dutch article that's why I can't copy paste from the original source.

Here's the link for those who prefer Google translate: https://www.ad.nl/show/amerikaanse-zangeres-maakt-excuses-aan-klm-voor-gedrag-ze-trok-verkeerde-conclusies~a31500cb/

/.\

bby ddy

Annie

Quote from: Mons.Lied. on November 29, 2021, 11:56:13 AM
Annie what's your favorite Ari song?
[youtube] https://youtube.com/watch?v=ID9pAvTFAX8

I remember I got this in my Spotify recommendations years ago. I played it so much.

/.\

Annie

I would love to hear her live someday. I've been playing a lot of Badu and Jill Scott lately..
her music also has the chill vibes but also nice beats. I need to check out more of her recent songs.  

/.\

Annie

November 29, 2021, 12:14:40 PM #26 Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:22:45 PM by annie
There are headlines that say she apologized but I think the media is a bit too quick. We really have to wait for her own statement on what happened (not her management). We still don't know the full story.

(AD is one of the biggest newspapers here, a reliable source by the way. KLM has only responded in Dutch so far.)

/.\

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time