Omicron COVID variant was already in Europe before South Africa

Started by Kalifornia., December 01, 2021, 03:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/omicron-variant-covid-in-europe-netherlands-before-alert-raised/

We kept the doors open for the European gorls but banned the Africans.

SMH...

shante smith

I did find it funny how quick they were to ban travel bvbbbbbbbbbbb

Annie

There were diplomats who traveled to Botswana. In Botswana there were people who got the virus. The reason why it was discovered in South Africa was because of the scientists doing a lot of research and discovering this mutation. So we simply don't know where this mutation came from (it could already be everywhere in the world), all we know is that the South African scientists did a great job finding out about this one. 

/.\

Annie

QuoteSouth African politicians and scientists have said they feel as though they're being punished for their advanced COVID-19 screening program, which caught the variant and enabled other nations to respond quickly to it, but has resulted in the travel bans which largely target southern African nations.

this!

/.\

Amazing

I never thought it originated in Africa in the first place. This is just pure racism, prejudice, classism whatever you want to call it.

South African scientists and doctors have said that Omicron is very mild compared to other mutations so this overreaction by the whites is unwarranted and rooted in racism.

Lucid Salvatore

Quote from: Spanish on December 01, 2021, 06:49:17 PM
I never thought it originated in Africa in the first place. This is just pure racism, prejudice, classism whatever you want to call it.

South African scientists and doctors have said that Omicron is very mild compared to other mutations so this overreaction by the whites is unwarranted and rooted in racism.

!!!!!

And to think if it wasn't for white people & colonization, the entire continent of Africa would be a superpower by now. Smh

Freemala Harris

But yea

Plus just like with the other variants, the mess was already brewing stateside by the time they finally decided to close some damn borders

Om' is already starting her promo tour 

Annie

I heard it spreads fast but the symptoms are mild.

A lot of people in Africa, the continent, are not vaxxed yet while the Western world is getting boosters. This is also very fxcked up. Corona is a global problem and greed will definitely keep this pandemic alive. Everyone in the world deserves a vaccine. (Also I don't know why every tourist get shots agains malaria but it's not available for many people who live there) 

The narrative about this starting in South Africa definitely reminds me of those stereotypical stories about AIDS. It's disgusting.

/.\

Dr Naomi Campbell

& the thing with virus's is that they natrually evolve and mutate for better survival and spreadabilty, community transmisons of new variants was always going to be a thing.
There's 10 cases in the UK which have no links to South Africa or any kind of international travel  :dead:

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Naomi's cheekbones on December 02, 2021, 07:00:28 AM
& the thing with virus's is that they natrually evolve and mutate for better survival and spreadabilty, community transmisons of new variants was always going to be a thing.
There's 10 cases in the UK which have no links to South Africa or any kind of international travel  :dead:
!!! The mutations are always presented as something ,,foreign" that would never originate in the West. Bye

Annie

Every mutation gets a Greek name/letter of the alphabet (Alpha, Beta..Delta..Kappa), so we are already at O. And I believe that particular  mutation is at the bottom of the chart. The pink dots are mostly from China..Look at the amount of blue/orange dots (mutations found in UK, Europe; Washington State). The only reason why people freak out is because it spreads fast and indeed probably also because it's seen as 'foreign'.

/.\