Drake removes himself from Grammy nominations

Started by Ma Lo, December 06, 2021, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

December 06, 2021, 04:55:15 PM Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 04:55:49 PM by Àlákọrí ni bọ̀bọ́ yẹn sẹ́
Drake has withdrawn his two Grammy nominations, a rep for the Recording Academy has confirmed to Variety. Reps for Drake did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Sources tell Variety that the decision was made by Drake and his management and the Grammys honored his request, although his motivation was unclear at the time of this article's publication.

He was nominated for Best Rap Album for his "Certified Lover Boy" album and Best Rap Performance for his song "Way 2 Sexy" (featuring Future and Young Thug).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2021/music/news/drake-withdraws-2021-grammy-nominations-1235127358/amp/

RAY7

I like it. Although he only had 2 nods. This might be the start of a movement in the industry 

Ulysses

December 06, 2021, 06:01:05 PM #3 Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:01:40 PM by Ulysses
But for what reason?? Why enter yourself for consideration, and then REMOVE yourself from actually getting the award??

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

And the grammys are never losing value. Summa yall be so deluded 
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Maybe his label submitted the music without his permission and now he's pulling it

DopeSoul.

Ulysses

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 06, 2021, 06:14:26 PM
So why even submit? This was stupid
!!

Oh! Don't need Grammys to validate! ...but let me submit to cause a scene

shante smith

December 06, 2021, 07:04:32 PM #12 Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 07:21:31 PM by Lady of Lithuania
wonder if the wknd is still standing in his mess about boycotting the  mess

nice to see a lot of these black artists not puckering their lips to kiss the flat, pale asses on that committee anymore.

king said if ur not gonna nominate me, i aint showing up to shuck n jive on ur stage with 0 nominations this year, just so u can still get ur ratings :omf:

makes perfect sense.
fuck emotional speeches. hit the pockets