Brandy "A New Moon" out Now

Started by long-timeTheRoofFan, November 29, 2022, 02:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

At this point, Brandy might as well work with Sony/Epic to give us a repackaged version of Human and provide the unreleased songs of what should've been the album... I think it'll satisfy everyone across the board

I need a proper release of Drum Life, Home, WTLN, Freedom, Porcelain Doll, Sweet Nothings and for the world to experience them songs as well

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Harlem on December 04, 2022, 09:22:07 AMAt this point, Brandy might as well work with Sony/Epic to give us a repackaged version of Human and provide the unreleased songs of what should've been the album... I think it'll satisfy everyone across the board

I need a proper release of Drum Life, Home, WTLN, Freedom, Porcelain Doll, Sweet Nothings and for the world to experience them songs as well

If those songs had made the cut Human would be my second fave Brandy album. 

Harlem

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 04, 2022, 09:23:33 AM
Quote from: Harlem on December 04, 2022, 09:22:07 AMAt this point, Brandy might as well work with Sony/Epic to give us a repackaged version of Human and provide the unreleased songs of what should've been the album... I think it'll satisfy everyone across the board

If those songs had made the cut Human would be my second fave Brandy album. 

Me too!!! I'm tired of the energy around it though every time the album comes up. With DSPs, she has the power now to give us a revamped version of the album for like an anniversary or something

shante smith

December 04, 2022, 09:34:53 AM #138 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:40:07 AM by say so
Quote from: Sovereign. on December 03, 2022, 07:50:55 PM
Quote from: Saint on December 03, 2022, 07:44:33 PMShe better  stop dissing human ..pissing  me off man. Some of her best songs came from that era what's wrong with her?

She didn't diss it. You clearly weren't listening. She struggled with the voices of label politics dictating her creative decision which is why we got the album we got instead of going in the direction that she wanted to go in with records like "Home" and "Drum Life".
i honestly cant blame her

ive come to accept and appreciate human for what it is

but it really pissed me off that they didnt go in that direction of the unreleased teas we got from that era

took me a long time to let go of human's scalp and just let it be

there are some amazing songs on that album. doesn't stand anywhere near Afrodisiac creatively but its a very good album with great messages.

what also pissed me off about that era is that i feel like GHan had so much creative momentum ...jumping from Full Moon to Afrodisiac...then jumping to the new era/sound she envisioned - which was shot down in favor of a "safer" approach

i really think the hUman era bruised her creative momentum and she didn't fully recover from it until B7.
even tho 2/11 was another great album with great songs.

to me human and 2/11 were her "microwave" albums. tastes pretty good and its pipin' hot but u dont really get that "shes in her bag" feeling at all.

Harlem

December 04, 2022, 09:40:27 AM #139 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:00:26 AM by Harlem
She kinda explained it that way in the audiobook too, the 2/11 section surprised me a bit b/c it's my fav adult era from her and if anything she became accepted by the GP again and grew as a performer... there were def some positives but seems like she was depressed behind the scenes

shante smith

December 04, 2022, 09:45:26 AM #140 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:51:04 AM by say so
Quote from: Harlem on December 04, 2022, 09:40:27 AMShe kinda explained it that way in the audiobook too, the 2/11 section surprised me a bit b/c it's my fav adult era from her and if anything she became excepted by the GP again and grew as a performer... there were def some positives but seems like she was depressed behind the scenes
i havent even listened yet and im not surprised

sndnsdndssn

im here >>><<< with GHan on her music highs and lows

i remember when i told her 2/11 was a good album after listening and she said something to the effect of "you really think so?"

she recorded an album, shot the photoshoot and released it as expected/scheduled.
but again it didn't have that "feeling" behind it. i could tell ghan wasn't in it.

she'll always be competent as an artist because she's immensely talented. she'll always give you a sickening vocal. she'll always be on key.
she'll always know how to ride a beat. that's expected and that's why Human and 2/11 are still great albums.
they're great because even if she's not completely invested she can't help but to still do a great job.

but that feeling was missing.

B7 felt/feels like GHan's bvy and that's why I loved it, accepted it and stood behind it 100%.
Even if its not her best mastered/produced album or whatever

I could tell her heart was in it.  :stressed:  and for that i loved it too

RAY7

Yea the songs on Human (besides Right Here Departed, Shattered Heart and Fall) are pretty much standard 2008 Pop, just with Bran's signature harmonies and runs over them. It's clearly her weakest album IMO
Also it's her first album to not be certified so it probably holds that kind of bad memory in Bran's mind

Summertime

Quote from: say so on December 04, 2022, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: Harlem on December 04, 2022, 09:40:27 AMShe kinda explained it that way in the audiobook too, the 2/11 section surprised me a bit b/c it's my fav adult era from her and if anything she became excepted by the GP again and grew as a performer... there were def some positives but seems like she was depressed behind the scenes

sndnsdndssn

i remember when i told her Human was a good album after listening and she said something to the effect of "you really think so?"

she recorded an album, shot the photoshoot and released it as expected/scheduled.
but again it didn't have that "feeling" behind it. i could tell ghan wasn't in it.

she'll always be competent as an artist because she's talented. she'll always give you a sickening vocal. she'll always be on key.
she'll always know how to ride a beat. that's expected and that's why Human and 2/11 are still great albums.

B7 felt/feels like GHan's bvy and that's why I loved it, accepted it and stood behind it 100%.

I could tell her heart was in it.  :stressed:

That's why I like B7 as well because it's her.  I just wish she would go fully hard with her albums with at least 4 singles.

shante smith

December 04, 2022, 09:51:35 AM #143 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:51:49 AM by say so
i meant to say 2/11 in that post btw. edited

Ma Lo

December 04, 2022, 11:33:54 AM #144 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 11:36:25 AM by Saint

Quote from: say so on December 04, 2022, 09:45:26 AM

sndnsdndssn

i remember when i told her 2/11 was a good album after listening and she said something to the effect of "you really think so?"

she'll always be competent as an artist because she's immensely talented. she'll always give you a sickening vocal. she'll always be on key.
they're great because even if she's not completely invested she can't help but to still do a great job.

I could tell her heart was in it.  :stressed:  and for that i loved it too

!!!!!
All this

Harlem

The first half of b7 is sooo elite
 :stressed:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Harlem on December 04, 2022, 09:40:27 AMShe kinda explained it that way in the audiobook too, the 2/11 section surprised me a bit b/c it's my fav adult era from her and if anything she became accepted by the GP again and grew as a performer... there were def some positives but seems like she was depressed behind the scenes
surprised u why? U know she had a Terrible deal and went on a 5 yr ass battle against the record company immediately after. And when she was done went ON AND ON proclaiming shes been "FREED" :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

shante smith

December 04, 2022, 12:01:03 PM #147 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:05:41 PM by say so
i think he's referring to the era itself and not all the label drama/restrictions that followed it

its fair to assume ghan was onboard with the label at first and excited.
she was definitely (seemingly) happy and excited as the album rollout proceeded.

but like most relationships (including business), things are exciting at first then shit gets real down the road.

its not unreasonable for someone to assume an artist was happy when they presented as such during an era.
he was surprised to discover she was depressed behind all the smiles and excitement

i haven't listened yet so im just going off of how he worded his post.

Harlem

Quote from: say so on December 04, 2022, 12:01:03 PMi think he's referring to the era itself and not all the label drama/restrictions that followed it

its fair to assume ghan was onboard with the label at first and excited.
she was definitely (seemingly) happy and excited as the album rollout proceeded.

but like most relationships (including business), things are exciting at first then shit gets real down the road.

its not unreasonable for someone to assume an artist was happy when they presented as such during an era.
he was surprised to discover she was depressed behind all the smiles and excitement.

!!!

Yeah these are exactly my thoughts. I was more shocked that during the actual era herself she was still depressed b/c she had this fierceness and hunger that made you believe she wanted to win again.

The aftermath of the label drama we clearly watched it all play out so we knew she wasn't at her best at that point and it showed too

BrandonBranlee

I was at a release party for 2/11 and she was very much depressed. Could have been the relationship she was in :/ India Arie was there almost as a therapist tbh. It was weird but a special memory I have. I love this girl and hope to say hi to her again sometime sooner than later. I need some of that energy in my life ❤️