Afro you’re an Israeli now?

Started by PRESSED, December 18, 2022, 05:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRESSED

I'm not here for friends.

shante smith

December 18, 2022, 06:12:09 PM #1 Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:17:43 AM by Taste of the Amazon.
EDIT:
THREAD SPOILER: I lay it all out to PRESSED - from my Native Brazilian heritage to my Ashkenazi Jew heritage and how being from Israel relates to that.

Quote from: PRESSED on December 19, 2022, 12:06:46 PMNot gone lie, you've really pieced the mess together.

Almost full circle, some might say. 🫶🏽
awwww thank you love .

That's why I fuck with you

You're not afraid to ask the tough questions and get to the point but you're open to reasonable explanations .

https://www.brandysource.net/index.php?msg=2935909

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdsdsdsdsdssdsdsss

hey luv. @PRESSED  dejavu. we meet again.  :blush: i love our chats lol

ok so lemme break it down, as this is a great question. follow me .

I'm not "Israeli" specifically but,

I'm of Ashkenazi descent (thru my grandfather) which is inherently a mixture of Israel and Eastern European/Slavic.

Usually tests just pick up "Ashkenazi" (which I've gotten on multiple tests) but there was one test in particular that did NOT have an "Ashkenazi" category and instead broke it down to Israel + Eastern Europe, as those were the only references available to them.

Which I honestly thought was very interesting as most times I just get "Ashkenazi". As I did here:

Ashkenazi result (6-7% , as is to be expected from a grandparent's grandparent)

And here we have Ashkenazi genetics broken down by another test that has no actual "Ashkenazi" category: (mixture of Israel and Eastern European/Slavic)

which also came the same 7%. , again ...the percentage that's to be expected from my grandparent's grandparent.
so even though this test couldn't tell I am of Ashkenazi descent cuz it doesn't have Ashkenazi samples, it still specifically picked up regions that I am from - which makes up my Ashkenazi heritage.

It even picked up very specific regions in Russia where my GG Grandmother was from. Whereas before I was just getting more ambiguous and general Lithuania/Russia results. So that was cool too. :woohoo:

I was pretty sure that was goddess showing up in that breakdown of Israel and Russia - instead of the usual "Ashkenazi", it just made sense.

How did I guess that?

Because the breakdown of the Russian/Israel DNA would actually further support/confirm scientific studies that have concluded that (fully) Ashkenazi Jews are a mixture of Middle Eastern and 30-60% Eastern European.

https://www.science.org/content/article/tracing-roots-jewishness

I was confident, but still cautious.  The lingering question I had was: Why would the test not give me "Ashkenazi" like the others? So I consulted with a person who is 100% Ashkenazi  Jewish and they confirmed my theory, as they had taken the same test.

This is how I found out this test in particular just didn't have an "Ashkenazi" category.

so in other words, all the math is mathing. lol

I say all this to say that I'm not "Israeli" but it's amazing to get an idea of which part of Israel my Ashkenazi roots actually come from.

Does that make sense? I know it's a lot.

sfsfsfsfs

DopeSoul.

SSSSSSDDDDDDDSSSSSDDDDDDDSSSDDFDDDSSSDDDDFFDSSDDFD

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

PRESSED

Quote from: Black Jew on December 18, 2022, 06:12:09 PMsdsdsdsdsdssdsdsss

I'm of Ashkenazi descent (thru my grandfather) which is inherently a mixture of Israel and Eastern European/Slavic.

Usually tests just pick up "Ashkenazi" (which I've gotten on multiple tests) but there was one test in particular that did NOT have an "Ashkenazi" category and instead broke it down to Israel + Eastern Europe, as those were the only references available to them.

Which I honestly thought was very interesting as most times I just get "Ashkenazi". As I did here:

And here we have Ashkenazi genetics broken down by another test that has no actual "Ashkenazi" category: (mixture of Israel and Eastern European/Slavic)

which also came the same 7%. , again ...the percentage that's to be expected from my grandparent's grandparent.
so even though this test couldn't tell I am of Ashkenazi descent cuz it doesn't have Ashkenazi samples, it still specifically picked up regions that I am from - which makes up my Ashkenazi heritage.

It even picked up very specific regions in Russia where my GG Grandmother was from. Whereas before I was just getting more ambiguous and general Lithuania/Russia results. So that was cool too. :woohoo:

I was pretty sure that was goddess showing up in that breakdown of Israel and Russia - instead of the usual "Ashkenazi", it just made sense.

How did I guess that?

Because the breakdown of the Russian/Israel DNA would actually further support/confirm scientific studies that have concluded that (fully) Ashkenazi Jews are a mixture of Middle Eastern and 30-60% Eastern European.

I was confident, but still cautious.  The lingering question I had was: Why would the test not give me "Ashkenazi" like the others? So I consulted with a person who is 100% Ashkenazi  Jewish and they confirmed my theory, as they had taken the same test.

This is how I found out this test in particular just didn't have an "Ashkenazi" category.

I say all this to say that I'm not "Israeli" but it's amazing to get an idea of which part of Israel my Ashkenazi roots actually come from.

sfsfsfsfs

Book Israeli King

shante smith

Quote from: PRESSED on December 18, 2022, 07:42:13 PM
Quote from: Black Jew on December 18, 2022, 06:12:09 PMsdsdsdsdsdssdsdsss

How did I guess that?

sfsfsfsfs

Book Israeli King
sdsdsdsddsdsdssdsdsdsdsdsd

:sistas:

PRESSED

I guess I've just seen u go from so many different groups of ppl... it's just all a bit confusing.

You were just Brazilian, right?

:unsure:

I remember Mulungeon, Blue Ridge Indians, Somali, Ethiopian, just to name a few.

And how many tests did you take?
I feel like you took the first test more than half a decade ago. Why are the tests steadily evolving?

Is it a Pokémon?

PRESSED

shante smith

December 18, 2022, 08:04:29 PM #9 Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 08:10:03 PM by Black Jew
Quote from: PRESSED on December 18, 2022, 07:47:17 PMI guess I've just seen u go from so many different groups of ppl... it's just all a bit confusing.

I remember Mulungeon, Blue Ridge Indians, Somali, Ethiopian, just to name a few.

I feel like you took the first test more than half a decade ago. Why are the tests steadily evolving?

Is it a Pokémon?

another great and valid question/statement. u hit it on the nose actually
and answered ur own question. very smart.

DNA tests and their accuracy is constantly evolving.

i was actually one of the first people to do DNA ancestry tests before it became a huge thing/trend. (like u mentioned, like a decade ago. sdnnsddnsnsdnsd )
that actually put me at a disadvantage as tests like this were in their infancy.

but as more people joined, the more samples are collected by companies. .. the more ACCURATE and precise the results become over time. so it makes sense.

many of those ethnicities you listed were guesses I made in the past - with being possibly of East African, Melungeon descent etc.

there are actually people in East Africa (many of whom are known to be a mixture of African and Middle Eastern) who I feel look a lot like me. like this guy.

this is where my guesses came from. they were shots in the dark.

Melungeon heritage was a guess as well as there is no actual DNA result for "Melungeon"
sfnsfnsfnnsnsfnsfnfsn

But in reality, I have two grandparents who are multi-ethnic.

Grandma is African-American of Native Brazilian heritage
Grandpa is African-American and Ashkenazi Jew

PRESSED

Quote from: Black Jew on December 18, 2022, 08:04:29 PM
Quote from: PRESSED on December 18, 2022, 07:47:17 PMI guess I've just seen u go from so many different groups of ppl... it's just all a bit confusing.

Is it a Pokémon?

another great and valid question/statement. u hit it on the nose actually
and answered ur own question. very smart.

DNA tests and their accuracy is constantly evolving.

i was actually one of the first people to do DNA ancestry tests before it became a huge thing/trend. (like u mentioned, like a decade ago. sdnnsddnsnsdnsd )
that actually put me at a disadvantage as tests like this were in their infancy.

but as more people joined, the more samples are collected by companies. .. the more ACCURATE and precise the results become over time. so it makes sense.

many of those ethnicities you listed were guesses I made in the past - with being possibly of East African, Melungeon descent etc.

there are actually people in East Africa (many of whom are known to be a mixture of African and Middle Eastern) who I feel look a lot like me. like this guy.

this is where my guesses came from. they were shots in the dark.

Melungeon heritage was a guess as well as there is no actual DNA result for "Melungeon"
sfnsfnsfnnsnsfnsfnfsn

But in reality, I have two grandparents who are multi-ethnic.

Grandma is African-American of Native Brazilian heritage
Grandpa is African-American and Ashkenazi Jew

In what ways do you see a resemblance?

Also, do u feel closer to yourself now that you've unearthed this?

Like what's the end goal? Why not teach  other Black ppl how to dissect and explore their heritage?

For someone that's been dedicated to self discovery (heritage wise and ancestrally) , why not make it a career

BAPHOMET.

PRESSED

Wait I really have another question, I'd if you're open to it?
 :uhh:

PRESSED

PRESSED