Oscar nods (Hidden figures, fences, and Moonlight receive nods)

Started by Vonc2002, January 24, 2017, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BrokenHeartsHeal

Quote from: Freeruu on January 24, 2017, 09:16:31 AM
I need Moonlight to snatch just one so these niggas can FUME  :feelinmyself:

i wanna see suicides

"GUYS WE'RE AT A SPIRITUALS WAR!!!"

Vonc2002

there is a record setting amount of African Americans nominated.........6 :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BrokenHeartsHeal

guyss u know they're setting us up for 2018 where no black people will be nominated dddddddddd

I hate to be that guys but yeah. It's deserving but it's also a here you guys, we don't want mess :calmdownsis:

Jon

Vonc2002

Vonc2002

I just saw something about viola making history or something with being nominated 3x. This is really shitty and the Oscar's really did need to do better.  But what is this tho because i know denzel has been nominated ATLEAST 3x. He has 2 oscars and i know he's been nominated and not won before

Boomz

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 24, 2017, 07:45:36 PM
I just saw something about viola making history or something with being nominated 3x. This is really shitty and the Oscar's really did need to do better.  But what is this tho because i know denzel has been nominated ATLEAST 3x. He has 2 oscars and i know he's been nominated and not won before

I know Denzel was nominated for "Flight" and "Malcom X" and lost those. I can't remember if he's had more noms than that, outside of his wins.

SouravMay

Boris kodjoe explained on FB that Viola is up for supporting because the film's team believed she had better chances in that category... shoulda went with best actress still imo
B7

Boomz

And Lew is right about Viola in Fences. I saw it and she def was the supporting to Denzel's lead. Just cause she was the only prominent female in the picture doesn't mean she was a lead. Either way, I think it's hers to lose.

Oh and Kerry is NEVER winning an Oscar! Just wanted to remind everyone...

Boomz

Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 09:12:15 PM
Boris kodjoe explained on FB that Viola is up for supporting because the film's team believed she had better chances in that category... shoulda went with best actress still imo

This makes sense. I still feel like it was Denzel's film

Vonc2002

Quote from: شيطان on January 24, 2017, 09:12:15 PM
Yea i asked my friend and this is what he said.  I knew it wasn't a "COLOR" thing but outsode of that i didn't know why.  I asked myself the same question when she won the golden globe and essentially it sounds like its what the studio does to ensure her the best chance of winning

Vonc2002

Quote from: Boomer on January 24, 2017, 09:12:40 PM
And Lew is right about Viola in Fences. I saw it and she def was the supporting to Denzel's lead. Just cause she was the only prominent female in the picture doesn't mean she was a lead. Either way, I think it's hers to lose.

This is also what i was thinking. Just because an actress is the most prominent in the film doesn't mean that she's LEAD actress. In certain movies it can be like EVERYONE is support for one actor