ABC News: 40 Blackest Names vs 40 Whitest Names...

Started by XXX., July 15, 2017, 04:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cartierline

Quote from: Bre's Husband on July 15, 2017, 02:30:39 PM
Quote from: Cartier on July 15, 2017, 06:31:12 AM
West African names are beautiful.

My mum and dad are from different tribes in Nigeria so I have two names from those tribes; Ajibola and Innalegwu.

I'm kinda trying to switch from my English name to Ajibola in my daily life.
I've never heard those names before, what tribes are your parents from?
I have 3 names, I'm named after my dad, then I have Junior, then my Ghanaian name :dead:

My mum is Idoma (wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of it) and my dad is Yoruba.

I have a Muslim name as well from when my dad was a Muslim :dead:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Cartier on July 15, 2017, 02:34:57 PM

My mum and dad are from different tribes in Nigeria so I have two names from those tribes; Ajibola and Innalegwu.

I have 3 names, I'm named after my dad, then I have Junior, then my Ghanaian name :dead:

My mum is Idoma (wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of it) and my dad is Yoruba.

hhh I've never heard of that tribe before
!! My dad named after his muslim name too :dead:
Do the yourba people have male/female names after the days of the week like the Ghanaians do?

SouravMay

I also thought about changing my name to my Igbo second name and adding a Palestinian mess to honor my roots, but then I think Malcolm is such a powerful black name already.

:stressed:
B7

Cartierline

Quote from: Bre's Husband on July 15, 2017, 02:38:35 PM
Quote from: Cartier on July 15, 2017, 02:34:57 PM

hhh I've never heard of that tribe before
!! My dad named after his muslim name too :dead:
Do the yourba people have male/female names after the days of the week like the Ghanaians do?
ffff yeah no one has :dead:

Me and my sister after me are the only ones that have one. My sister started using hers recently.

Umm I don't think so? I don't know for sure though.

GRAND

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 15, 2017, 02:03:33 PM
Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on July 15, 2017, 02:00:20 PM
Wow at the male lists

All these familiar names
Yea, i think i know someone with every single one of those names
oh

I was thinking more along the lines of  "wow I had sex with half those names"'

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Sinpool

e

the fact that alot of the black names were most likely originally white names but the onyl reason people black people included make fun of them is because black people adopted them.

yummy

Quote from: Drew Berrymore on July 15, 2017, 03:54:50 PM
e

the fact that alot of the black names were most likely originally white names but the onyl reason people black people included make fun of them is because black people adopted them.

!!! Aren't Dominique and Alexis French names?  :dead:

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 15, 2017, 03:58:42 PM
e

I was thinking the same thing about a lot of these names
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Sinpool

e

d

A name belonging to a black person is enough for it to be considered bad. Whether with use white peoples/names from other cultures or make up our own.

I mean we all make fun of a Shaniqua and Da'Tavious, but what really makes them so improper?

So African Americans decided to create their own names...isn't that what every ethnicity does?

yummy

Quote from: Drew Berrymore on July 15, 2017, 04:05:44 PM
e

d

A name belonging to a black person is enough for it to be considered bad. Whether with use white peoples/names from other cultures or make up our own.

I mean we all make fun of a Shaniqua and Da'Tavious, but what really makes them so improper?

So African Americans decided to create their own names...isn't that what every ethnicity does?

You're so wise, bby sis  :ohwow:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Drew Berrymore on July 15, 2017, 04:05:44 PM
e

d

U know what, this is true

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lol well.de in other languages usually means of  Martin de lorenzo

So dequan deshaun demetrius demarcus  deandre arent that bad

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different