Racists target deaf black boy on Facebook

Started by Herb., October 03, 2015, 10:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

Sickening Facebook Post of White People Mocking ?Mute? Black Kid, Goes Viral

A man unleashed a series of sickening racist comments after he posted a picture of himself with a young black kid who is reportedly deaf.

The post by a Facebook user named Geris Hilton and the shocking comments posted under it by his friends, have gone viral.

The child depicted with Hilton is said to be unable to communicate due to his condition. That did not stop Hilton?s friends from labeling the captionless photo with horribly rude and racist comments, including offensive jokes about slavery and categorizing the child as an object to be bought at a price.

Several Facebook users who saw the post go viral got active, including Black lives and civil rights activists. Outraged by the comments, they demanded justice for the ridiculed child.

Among those taking up the matter were members of Black Twitter. They researched the personal backgrounds of Hilton and several of his friends who had posted comments. For some of the trolls, they found work profiles and reported them to their employers.

This resulted in at least one of the racist commenters, Emily Irene Red, losing her job at a restaurant. When her employers were made aware of the comments, they said they were ?appalled?.

In addition, a Change.org page was created to demand a Facebook ban for Geris Hilton.

http://www.miseeharris.com/white-facebook-trolls-mock-deaf-black-kid-trending-news/

COD.

Herb.

October 03, 2015, 10:33:15 PM #2 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:36:14 PM by Herb.
The Africa references........THIS is the way we are taught to see Africa. "Feed poor child! Swollen belly". I am lowkey FUMING. Cuz I just was talking about this, and this bullshit pops on my timeline. I may have to push that fucking trip up a bit . making sure I take BILLIONS of fucking pictures  :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: fucking idiots. that could have easily been my little brother in that picture.

COD.

QuoteThis resulted in at least one of the racist commenters, Emily Irene Red, losing her job at a restaurant.

ddddddddddd
she really thought she was being hilarious! witty!
now she's out of a job

dumb bitch
:cheerup:

BrokenHeartsHeal

SUPREME

Herb.

Quote from: .CodyJade. on October 03, 2015, 10:35:24 PM
QuoteThis resulted in at least one of the racist commenters, Emily Irene Red, losing her job at a restaurant.

ddddddddddd
she really thought she was being hilarious! witty!
now she's out of a job

dumb bitch
:cheerup:
moiphuobgyv

People still don't realize the power of social media in 2015.

Like what possesses you to log under ANYWHERE with your full legal name, and make such idiotic remarks? Expecting to still have a career the next month?

Herb.

October 03, 2015, 10:41:02 PM #7 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:41:19 PM by Herb.
Quote from: SUPREME on October 03, 2015, 10:39:24 PM
Why did they fire him though
He knew what he was doing.

And he got what was coming to his ass.
He's a known troll on Facebook, there's a group asking for him to barred from accessing their page.

https://www.change.org/p/be-the-rave-family-3-ban-geris-hilton-e539ab80-56a8-40a9-9baf-9500bc50c1d5

His trolling finally caught up with him though. Fool.

SUPREME

SUPREME

OH. He was trying to be cute.

Good for that fag

Jon

This is disgusting but how can u get fired for what's posted on a private facebook page?

Kaeli.

RAY7

the commenters gave that a GOOD try
the lil boy does not look poor or unhealthy at all
not "help feed this POUR child"
feed your fucking brain first doofus

Herb.

Quote from: Jonovan on October 03, 2015, 10:46:42 PM
This is disgusting but how can u get fired for what's posted on a private facebook page?
This is 2015.

If you choose to represent yourself with your full name , first and last, on social media, you should conduct yourself in a manner which is in alignment with your company's core values and principles.

Many corporations now have social media policies. My job has one.

And he's a grown fucking man. He should have known better. If it was your company, would you want word on the street that you hire a bunch of idiotic racists? Your employees are a reflection of your company. Furthermore, many choose to LIST the company they work for on their profiles.

If you're gonna act like a fucking IDIOT why would you want anyone knowing where you work? All of those powder faced coons deserved the  boot they received.