FX's 'Pose' Ratings Low - Why Aren't People Watching?

Started by Bulldagger, June 21, 2018, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldagger

June 21, 2018, 08:11:17 PM #15 Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:11:58 PM by Bulldagger
i think people don?t wanna see one specific thing, they want to see diversity. Just like a show full of nothing but whites wouldn?t do well. Like Dineva said, the black LGBT community isn?t that big and I don?t think the average straight person cares to watch a show with characters they can?t relate to. So sadly that means gay mess within straight mess like 13 Reasons Why, which I believe is doing it right.

LiiVE

Quote from: .betterwiseup on June 21, 2018, 08:08:41 PM
Because we all seen it already...PARIS IS BURNING!
this is pretty much the reason for me, but I'm tempted to tune in now since everybody keeps acting like its such a gem.

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

BAPHOMET.

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

I don't really care much for drag or drag culture. It's not all the gay community is. I've seen fags on Facebook go up for this show and I don't see the appeal.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Bulldagger

Quote from: Happily Unhappy on June 21, 2018, 08:31:33 PM
I don't really care much for drag or drag culture. It's not all the gay community is. I've seen fags on Facebook go up for this show and I don't see the appeal.

TriBeCa

I saw the first episode and thought it was pretty good. The storyline can be relatable to anybody that's ever felt like an outsider or like they weren't accepted.

It probably won't be succesfuly due to the cast being primarily black and the black community will not throw their support behind this. They tend to act like anything LGBT is contagious. If you see too much of it or around it long enough then you're going to become one. Smh.

Opposites Attract.

No one wants to see this mess. Now if they start telling BLACK gay mess and stop whitening up black stories then they'd have something.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Ma Lo

D.I.E.G.O.

June 21, 2018, 08:57:54 PM #24 Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:03:59 PM by D.I.E.G.O.
Quote from: Nick'Challa on June 21, 2018, 08:10:25 PM
it doesnt seem interesting and i LOVE drag and drag culture .. but if i wanna see a tranny or a drag queen ill go to a drag i dont need to watch it on tv

Ballroom culture and drag culture are vastly different things. Modern drag culture was born out of the ballroom scene. The show is not about drag culture. In fact, none of the characters introduced thus* far are drag entertainers. Let?s be clear. You may not like the show, but please don?t conflate two distinct arenas of expression.

D.I.E.G.O.

June 21, 2018, 09:03:09 PM #25 Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:04:35 PM by D.I.E.G.O.
I hope the show gains some legs or gets moved to a streaming platform. It has potential and representation of LGBTQiA POCs in the media is important.

Mariah4ever

June 21, 2018, 09:26:18 PM #27 Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:27:04 PM by my lil' mutha fckin poneh, bitch
not alotta sex scenes for tha nasty aided up FAGGOTS!
so they aints interested

typical!
trans stories r infinitely more innerestin'
'specially since they showin how faggots are also jus as bigoted as scraight folk

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: my lil' mutha fckin poneh, bitch on June 21, 2018, 09:26:18 PM
not alotta sex scenes for tha nasty aided up FAGGOTS!

:damselindistress: isn?t this the era (the show) that AIDS exploded on the scenes

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on June 21, 2018, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: Nick'Challa on June 21, 2018, 08:10:25 PM
it doesnt seem interesting and i LOVE drag and drag culture .. but if i wanna see a tranny or a drag queen ill go to a drag i dont need to watch it on tv

Ballroom culture and drag culture are vastly different things. Modern drag culture was born out of the ballroom scene. The show is not about drag culture. In fact, none of the characters introduced thus* far are drag entertainers. Let?s be clear. You may not like the show, but please don?t conflate two distinct arenas of expression.

GORL... i know the difference between the two hun... i stand by what i said .. i dont like the show .. thanks